Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Jimmy Moore was ranting about this recently, and rightly pointed out than when the health of nations deteriorates even further than has been the case with the low-fat mantra, it will just be blamed (again) on non-compliance to the guidelines.
They will not be guidelines. They will become the law as seen passed in China and the Phillipines this year. The Eat Lancet blueprint document wants laws passed so that it becomes a criminal act to sell or consume animal products, be that red meat, white meat, clothing, alcohol, cheese, cream etc Its ALL going in the putsch. They have now been forced to include the token meat pattie to make it seem that it is a real diet, but rest assured that the master plan is vegan through and through. Once all the livetock farms have been closed down and converted to plant based monoculture, and all the animals slaughtered and bulldozed into the earth, then we will not be able to ever, ever ever eat meat again as extinction is irreversible.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
If meat could be cultured - proper zero carb high protein meat that looks and tastes like meat and cooks like meat, not the imitation plant based meat - why would you object to eating it instead of dead animals please?

Research is well underway into this growing of real meat rather than plant based imitation substances.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
George Monbiot, lies through his teeth! Cattle destroying the land?! In the US they're already looking at another Dust Bowl situation as more and more land has proven to be devoid of all life i.e no microbial life at all due to vast swathes of monocultured, man made fertilisers-ed, exhausted soil.

Edited to add.

This comment is in regard to the comments made by Monbiot on LBC Radio this morning.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
If meat could be cultured - proper zero carb high protein meat that looks and tastes like meat and cooks like meat, not the imitation plant based meat - why would you object to eating it instead of dead animals please?

Research is well underway into this growing of real meat rather than plant based imitation substances.
Why should your ideology impact my choices?

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
itsch,

It looks like, and tastes like, but does not contain the nutrients of meat, That is an important distinction, and NO I will not consider it to be any part of my diet. It is flimflam and cardboard masquerading as a life saving item.

Edit to add: by cultured, you must be referring to the Bill Gates venture that uses real animal stem cells as their starting point. These are harvested from real animals, who have to be slaughtered to get the yield required, So it is still dead animals IMHO. We are not God, and we cannot create life or living stem cells from dead plant matter in the lab or cooking pot. Soon all we will have is unicorns,

Last edited:
M

Member496333

They will not be guidelines. They will become the law as seen passed in China and the Phillipines this year. The Eat Lancet blueprint document wants laws passed so that it becomes a criminal act to sell or consume animal products, be that red meat, white meat, clothing, alcohol, cheese, cream etc Its ALL going in the putsch. They have now been forced to include the token meat pattie to make it seem that it is a real diet, but rest assured that the master plan is vegan through and through. Once all the livetock farms have been closed down and converted to plant based monoculture, and all the animals slaughtered and bulldozed into the earth, then we will not be able to ever, ever ever eat meat again as extinction is irreversible.

Oh I know it’s a vegan master plan, but I wasn’t aware we were talking about laws being passed preventing the sale of animal products. Looks like I may have underestimated the scope of the end game.

M

Member496333

Because humans thinking they are smarter than nature is a very bad idea.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Out of interest what’s your view on genetically modified plant foods? Many vegans abhor that. Same as I should think many omnivores would abhor fake meat that may well not have all the amino acids etc real meat has.

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Are you seriously asking if I would prefer eating something made in a factory over eating food grown naturally?
Food created in a lab?
I have to ask would you?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
All this smacks of Forced Conversion and it stinks.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It doesn't at all, I was just curious.

I'll exit.
I am curious too. Since most land used for livestock is unsuitable for high yield crops, it seems likely that there will need to be a move to hydroponically grown GMO crops. So I reflect your query back again - would you eat factory cultivated plant food that has never seen sunlight or rainwater or natural soil? Are you satisfied that it will give you all the micro nutrients and phytochemicals you need for continued healthy existance?

Or will you take supplements instead? I envisage all our food coming in pill form soon anyway and we will eat like astronauts - very clean and clinical, but chemical none the less.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All this smacks of Forced Conversion and it stinks.
Its the Revolution. Extinction Rebellion support this vociferously. Their spokeperson was on tv spouting forth on this climate change news, and spoke absolute twaddle - all backed up by irrefutable science (unreferenced of course)

She also banged on about converting the gas supply over to hydrogen for zero carbon heating by 2024. So why did hydrogen converted cars become inert scrap metal? You cannot easily supply hydrogen gas, its not safe, and to boot it requires major energy and water supplies to make industrially. It will not save the planet for a long while yet. Think again.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Its the Revolution. Extinction Rebellion support this vociferously. Their spokeperson was on tv spouting forth on this climate change news, and spoke absolute twaddle - all backed up by irrefutable science (unreferenced of course)

She also banged on about converting the gas supply over to hydrogen for zero carbon heating by 2024. So why did hydrogen converted cars become inert scrap metal? You cannot easily supply hydrogen gas, its not safe, and to boot it requires major energy and water supplies to make industrially. It will not save the planet for a long while yet. Think again.
"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing". Who said that?

Edited because it was driving me nuts.

"A little learning is a dangerous thing" from a poem by Alexander Pope.

Last edited:

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe we can fight back. New technology promises to remove plants from the foodchain by photosynthesizing the plant sugars direct from the air but done in the lab
https://scitechdaily.com/discovery-may-lead-to-the-creation-of-biofuel-from-co2-in-the-atmosphere/

I know that another firm has built a powerplant in the desert to produce biofuels from CO2 in the atmosphere, and they successfully flew an aircraft with one engine across the Atlantic using it. Electrofuel not biofuel.
http://www.biofuelsdigest.com/bdige...om-co2-water-and-electricity-to-liquid-fuels/

Here is an overview report in the different technologies currently being explored
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13280-015-0730-0

Last edited:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets

Thanks for your input, genuinely. It is persons like you that someone like me has to persuade to allow us our choices. My answer to your question has several parts. The first is that a pasture raised beef cow for example that is local, grass fed and finished is already perfection, for the consuming human, for the soil and the carbon footprint - compare this to a well meaning Vegan who gets mangos, cashews and soy shipped into say Birmingham (England). If I eat parts of the cow inflammation is low, digestion perfect, blood sugars and insulin on the floor and nutrient density complete. Last week a Mod showed what happens when humans try to intervene - chicken with 13% sugar, no thanks.

Cultured product (it's not meat) will not have had the sun shine exposure, the special "things" that happen within the rumen of the animal that "we" can't recreate, the effects of muscle movement in thee normal manner of weight bearing movement, no collagen, no fat. Like all the other food experiments we have no clue what this concoction will do to health - why not go with natural version that our bodies recognise.

This is not a matter of theory, you will be aware that none of the studies have ever proved a statistical link between meat and ill's, no matter how hard they try, so this is basically lying and manipulation (relative / absolute risk slight of hand). You will have seen the majority of people who have reversed their Type 2 have done so overwhelmingly on animal protein, so another lie about meat being the cause of Type 2. You would also know that red meat consumption has gone down during the diabesity epidemic.

No thanks to anything fake, it always has a sting in the tail.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone seen this?

http://press.psprings.co.uk/bmj/june/redmeat.pdf

and its corresponding puff piece in the Guardian?

https://www.theguardian.com/society...rocessed-meat-can-shorten-life-say-scientists

Take the unhealthiest eaters on the planet - heath care professionals

Ask them questions via a food questionnaire every 4 years

give the data to the vegans at Harvard and get them to analyse it...

What on earth could go wrong there...

Nina's on the ball... I'll wait for Zoe's response too

https://twitter.com/bigfatsurprise/status/1138995951606140928

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone seen this?

http://press.psprings.co.uk/bmj/june/redmeat.pdf

and its corresponding puff piece in the Guardian?

https://www.theguardian.com/society...rocessed-meat-can-shorten-life-say-scientists

Take the unhealthiest eaters on the planet - heath care professionals

Ask them questions via a food questionnaire every 4 years

give the data to the vegans at Harvard and get them to analyse it...

What on earth could go wrong there...

Nina's on the ball... I'll wait for Zoe's response too

https://twitter.com/bigfatsurprise/status/1138995951606140928
I recognise many of the authors names. In their starting section they declare that red meat consumption has been increasing, and then equate this to an increase in deaths in the study group, who after all are gradually growing older. However, in the US, the consumption of red meat has actually been steadily decreasing according to WHO statistics, so booboo #1

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If we are to be denied access to the larger animals as food, there are other options - guinea pigs have proven to be a good option in places where there would not be enough land for larger animals - not even small breeds of goat or sheep. They require less food than chickens or rabbits, I believe, from reading a report by a charity helping women earn their own money.
Quail are a possibility for urban areas - they are quiet and easy to keep, they would eat the carby foods and could be let out into an enclosed area to hunt for insects and anything else that moves. They also produce eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.