Two Years On!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes two whole years today since my Type 2 diagnosis!

I’ve gone from “Shell Shocked” (the title of my first post here) to confident in how to tame this beast!

Within 4 months of my diagnosis I went from an HbA1c of 70 down to the mid 30s where I have stayed ever since. Last test taken on 23rd April was 34, I was very relieved after having had surgery in Feb.

I’ve gone from 115kg (BMI 43.5 morbidly obese) to 73.6kg (BMI 27.8 - merely overweight!) a loss of 6 1/2 stone in old money, most of that in the first year plus gradual loss over the second year.

My BP which was high despite meds is now normal on less meds, infact just this week I reduced my meds further still due to dizzy spells caused by BP being too low!

I sleep very well and need only 6-7 hours sleep per night, I awake refreshed, very different to how I used to be sleeping for hours and hours and still feeling tired.

I have had two major surgeries on my arthritic feet since diagnosis and recovery has been uncomplicated and infection free due I think to my strict control, my surgeon was impressed! My arthritis has generally improved as has my asthma.

I follow a low carb way of eating, currently eating 30 - 50g of carbs/day, with Metformin and self monitoring to achieve all of this - I dread to think where I’d be now if I hadn’t stumbled on this forum on the night of my diagnosis!

Then to add the icing on the (LC!) cake I was voted in as a moderator here last year. I love to help enable the smooth running of the forum, take part in discussions, I’m still learning, and to help reassure and advise newbies, it is my small way of paying back.

I always say my diabetes diagnosis really has been a blessing in disguise, as a result of it I am so much fitter than I was this time two years ago! :happy:

8A3C4249-AFFB-4FB8-9D72-47AB0F2E4BB8.jpeg

D

Deleted Account

@Rachox what a great story. Congratulations.
I would also like to thank you for your level headed, helpful moderation and humility with regard to continuously learning. It is definitely appreciated.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
You are an ambassador. I admire your posts, never controversial (whilst still carrying weight (only of the persuasive kind these days)...note to self...). I like your approach, which is LCHF, without loads of exercise, proving there are many ways to skin the cat. Nothing short of remarkable your numbers and personal turn around, I could go on.

Reactions: Prem51

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I think you've done an amazingly well Rach, I call Diabetes 'work in progress' and your story certainly echoes that, it's either a journey you can embrace or become tormented by, and you have shown with the right mindset that great things can be achieved, proud to be in the team with you :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely a superstar @Rachox . This is an amazing achievement in anybody's books, and coupled with your fair and level headed approach as a moderator on this forum, is what makes you the superstar you are. Plus, you forgot to mention your starring role in the media with your story. :)

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you know what- I'm not a crier or easily moved but reading your post @Rachox brought a little lump to my throat, you slayed girl! Well done, and like others I want to thank you for your excellent moderation duties on this site xxx

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow Rachel congratulations on your second diaversary you’ve done amazing and kept going even in the face of your two surgeries. I particularly admire your steadfastness and your kind, helpful, balanced, informative and supportive input as a moderator on this site very much appreciated thank you.
You’ve also been a brilliant personal role model and lCHF ambassador sharing your story and transformation back to Health well done you. Just think of all those you’ve inspired along the way.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you everyone for your ‘winners’, ‘likes’, ‘hugs’ and comments. This is what I love about this forum, people that really understand. Much as my family and friends are very supportive they don’t have that deeper understanding of people in the same boat :happy:

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Incredible, huge congratulations!

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
Well done, thank you so much for sharing your story.
Also thanks for all you do, your very much appreciated.
Take care

Reactions: catarinagallo

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox what an incredible journey.

When I stumbled on this site 18 months ago after googling 'reversing diabetes', devastated, crying, upset, feeling like I had let myself down, worried about the future, distressed thinking that I was going to be a burden to my family, I found you. I read many of your posts, many of the threads with your replies. I digested the information you were sharing. Soaked up as much as I could. There was so much info but you explained it clearly, in simple terms. A complex condition, clear as a bell. saw the results you had achieved in a short space of time. Inspirational. Nothing was too much trouble to you. You were a constant on the forum, so easy to follow, approachable and friendly. And you had sympathy, empathy, understanding. You helped to calm my concerns almost instantly. There was a solution as I suspected, you had found it and were giving up so much time sharing what you had learned with others to help them. You are still sharing lots of your time helping others. Still with the same level headed approach. And still as friendly and even more knowledgable than ever! You were voted in as a moderator. A role which suits you down to the ground. Knowledgeable, fair and prepared to give lots of time to carry on helping others. This has spread from the forum to helping by sharing your journey in magazines, newspapers, Twitter and social media. Every credit to you. You have helped more people regain their health than you will ever know.

This is a great opportunity to thank you for everything. Giving up so much of your time. Selflessly. And a chance to say well done to you on your 2nd diaversary, fantastic results from every angle.

Breck Lundin

Yes two whole years today since my Type 2 diagnosis!

I’ve gone from “Shell Shocked” (the title of my first post here) to confident in how to tame this beast!

Within 4 months of my diagnosis I went from an HbA1c of 70 down to the mid 30s where I have stayed ever since. Last test taken on 23rd April was 34, I was very relieved after having had surgery in Feb.

I’ve gone from 115kg (BMI 43.5 morbidly obese) to 73.6kg (BMI 27.8 - merely overweight!) a loss of 6 1/2 stone in old money, most of that in the first year plus gradual loss over the second year.

My BP which was high despite meds is now normal on less meds, infact just this week I reduced my meds further still due to dizzy spells caused by BP being too low!

I sleep very well and need only 6-7 hours sleep per night, I awake refreshed, very different to how I used to be sleeping for hours and hours and still feeling tired.

I have had two major surgeries on my arthritic feet since diagnosis and recovery has been uncomplicated and infection free due I think to my strict control, my surgeon was impressed! My arthritis has generally improved as has my asthma.

I follow a low carb way of eating, currently eating 30 - 50g of carbs/day, with Metformin and self monitoring to achieve all of this - I dread to think where I’d be now if I hadn’t stumbled on this forum on the night of my diagnosis!

Then to add the icing on the (LC!) cake I was voted in as a moderator here last year. I love to help enable the smooth running of the forum, take part in discussions, I’m still learning, and to help reassure and advise newbies, it is my small way of paying back.

I always say my diabetes diagnosis really has been a blessing in disguise, as a result of it I am so much fitter than I was this time two years ago! :happy:

View attachment 32811
RIGHT ON! Hugs from the US left coast. Your success is very motivating for me that i can do better, especially the carbs/day.

Congratulations!