Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Anyone tempted to try the ancient Egyptian ale and beer that’s been recreated from yeasts found in ancient Egyptian pots?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@SueJB . Glad to hear that you’re pain free.
A good physio will have no problem with you being pain free and should offer advice and tips on how to stay pain free.
Make sure to ask for this advice.:)

Reactions: WuTwo

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Gave birth 3 days ago love that @Fairygodmother would have still been holed up in maternity ward in my day.

Yes, me too. And when my sister and I were born my mother stayed in the maternity ward for three weeks each time. I did ask the young mother at the libre training if she’d only been given three days but she said they’d wanted to keep her in for a week. She was supporting the Caesar place and there weren’t any really comfy chairs for her ☹️

Last edited:
Reactions: Knikki

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Going to RANT. :mad:

Stupid c***** f****** technology.

I don't care what people think of Libra it is a bag of spanners and welted welly.

So as you know I run xDrip, well that is at the moment about as much use as pricking my finger and tasting the sugar on my finger to work out what things are even with trying to "Calibrate". :shifty:.......calibrate? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

OOOO don't calibrate when the sugar levels are changing.......well *off this morning it has been anything from 2 to 6 points out and Lbre is just as useless... :banghead:

Yes yes yes yes I know I am riding a Spike and don't tut tut tut me about it (looking at someone in particular) it caught me out and now I'm fighting it and there have been many blouse changes in the last hour and if it starts to go up again then I really will rage and crash myself down to a 2.2 which at the moment I want. :cat:

And now getting a cranium megahurt as well just to cap things off :pompous::shifty::dead:

Stupid tech cant find it s own ass with both hands.

See should never never never ever rely on things.

OK fine now calming down Sorry about that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/4g2pur/swimming_in_a_coffee/

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Husband just pulled at the shoulder of my jumper and suggested that I might like to go clothes shopping. Not sure how to take that- is he concerned at my lack of blouse options? Outraged at my fashion sense? Or offering me clog hard cash for a shopping spree? I hate clothes shopping so am viewing the comment as offensive and refusing to take action.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignored the morning rise earlier and wanting breakfast. So much for libre training! Foucault!!! Up to a not too bad 8.8 and now 7, maybe Fiasp’s been exposed to too much fresh air fun and sun during happy treks, even the frio felt more like a comfort cushion. Sad as it’s a recently new cartridge so it feels wrong to waste it. Maybe it’s just the wrong baseball.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Husband just pulled at the shoulder of my jumper and suggested that I might like to go clothes shopping. Not sure how to take that- is he concerned at my lack of blouse options? Outraged at my fashion sense? Or offering me clog hard cash for a shopping spree? I hate clothes shopping so am viewing the comment as offensive and refusing to take action.

Best for the planet that you don’t shop and there’s nothing better than a familiar comfy jumper. Unless it’s a sunny day and you can wear a familiar comfy blouse instead.

Reactions: hh1 and WuTwo

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.9 this morning. Overdid the long-acting last night. I forgot to cut it back by a unit after two long-running sessions. Woke up at 2 am after setting an alarm and was 3.9. I'm watching my weight so was reluctant to eat sweets so drank coffee but ended up wide awake, full of (coffee) beans. Dogs were over the moon. Hope they're not expecting this every night. I'm tired now.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I wish I hated clothes shopping. I hate taking the things I don't wear to a charity shop. I'm forcing myself to do this today.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I wish I hated clothes shopping. I hate taking the things I don't wear to a charity shop. I'm forcing myself to do this today.
You know you’ll feel virtuous afterwards.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Rage blouses all round, @Knikki - I feel your frustration today. My own Libre ran out without my noticing, or failed, or something. So slapped a new one on, feeling grateful that the MiaoMiao seemed to still be reading the old one ok (verified with bloods). Got woken up with a “fast rise alarm” at 5am, like from 4.2 to 7.6 in the space of ten minutes. RB’d that, then got woken up 90 minutes later with an “urgent low glucose” alarm at 2.8 s so rage-dextrosed that. Then up to 7.something with more alarms going off :banghead::mad: Was tempted to rip it all off my body and throw it out the window tbh. Dosed my FOTF instead and I’m in the sixes. Sometimes I think ignorance is bliss.

@MeiChanski - sending you good and happy braining vibes, you got this ❤️

Not been around much this week, it’s been both mine and the husbeast’s birthdays, so haven’t been online a whole lot. Went to the Penderyn Distillery on mine, which was fun, and then out for a curry with friends. Got the carbs guess about right too, with just a brief spike to 7.3 - handily MySugr has a feature where you can search by location, so,I always log that. Handy for repeat visits to the same place. I saw how my levels reacted to the same meal last time, and adjusted it for this visit :)

Wishing you all the smoothest of sailings x

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Rage blouses all round, @Knikki - I feel your frustration today. My own Libre ran out without my noticing, or failed, or something. So slapped a new one on, feeling grateful that the MiaoMiao seemed to still be reading the old one ok (verified with bloods). Got woken up with a “fast rise alarm” at 5am, like from 4.2 to 7.6 in the space of ten minutes. RB’d that, then got woken up 90 minutes later with an “urgent low glucose” alarm at 2.8 s so rage-dextrosed that. Then up to 7.something with more alarms going off :banghead::mad: Was tempted to rip it all off my body and throw it out the window tbh. Dosed my FOTF instead and I’m in the sixes. Sometimes I think ignorance is bliss.

@MeiChanski - sending you good and happy braining vibes, you got this ❤️

Not been around much this week, it’s been both mine and the husbeast’s birthdays, so haven’t been online a whole lot. Went to the Penderyn Distillery on mine, which was fun, and then out for a curry with friends. Got the carbs guess about right too, with just a brief spike to 7.3 - handily MySugr has a feature where you can search by location, so,I always log that. Handy for repeat visits to the same place. I saw how my levels reacted to the same meal last time, and adjusted it for this visit :)

Wishing you all the smoothest of sailings x
belated birthday wishes mel for you and the husbeast :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
just back from my appointment with dietician had to go through carb counting with her to tick a box so im 1 step closer to getting my pump,got consultant to see on the 20th of this month so hopefully not to long to wait , i have decided on the ypso pump due to its size medtronic looks a bit bulky to me and as long as it does its job im happy. sun is cracking the flags here at the moment with clear blue skies although it is forecast heavy rain later but not going anywhere so im not bothered anyway enjoy the rest of the day everyone and hugs to anyone poorly :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh boy, if you asked his teenager years, we'd be like oh yeahhhhhh. We were into metal in our teens, ;)

Lol, to be fair. The decibels pushed out at the average concert will not do one's hearing any good over a pronged period.
Once the wax has shifted, use a good quality ear defender like Progaurd which cuts the db level without muffling the sound like most of the issued cheaper foam plugs.

Health & safety! :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Happy Birthday Mel and Husbeast

Reactions: WuTwo

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Happy belated birthday @Mel dCP did you two put the Distillery out of business by drinking all the samples? ;):hilarious:
Nah. He was driving and I’m a lightweight these days! I did buy a bottle of their Celt whisky - finished in old Laphroaig barrels for a spot of peatiness.

Reactions: hh1

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greetings my fellow teabags and pumpers, looks like a few are having highs and lows. So I am also joining the cub

Had a 9.4 before bed last night but decided to leave as I know i can drop during the night at times. Woke to to a nice 4.2 this morning, so decided to have brekkie and bolus after that. had brekkie of 40g and 15 minutes later BG had dropped to 3.8. left it for another 10 mins and it had now dropped to 3.2. panic now setting in so cup of coffee with lots of sugar and disconnect of the pump.

About 20 minutes later back up to 6.1, so took bolus and decided i could drive. Hour later ooooops, BG of 15.4. Now chasing my tail trying to get BG back to normal., with some rage bolusing Sitting at BG of 6.3 so getting there

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good afternoon y'all
REALLY busy in work today, pesky customers keep on coming in and stopping me reading the forum tut tut!
Well I am straight lining today. Bloods that is and defo not heart. Libre is due tomorrow so will get one in soaking this evening. @Knikki hows the BGs now?

Reactions: hh1, ert and Knikki