Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@hh1, yea the superglue was kind of, can I get it off again???
But another mentions that because of hair growth they start to come off easily. But then another mentions using Skin Tac or a simpatch and I like the Skin Tac idea as that is what I use for my Dexcom and it's not hard to peel off.

@ert I use Novolin N twice a day and humalog for any adjustment dosing. We test her right before her big meals and the trick is to be consistent with what she gets. I aim for between 100-150 which is what my doggie internist originally recommended. A lot of vets actually recommend between 150-250. A normal dogs is between 80-120.

I believe the majority of people with pets don't either test regularly or maybe not at all? (dogs and cats are not always very cooperative about it for one) The GP vet was surprised when we told her we test twice a day or at least once if she is being consistent. My dog is cooperative with a treat after. As soon as she sees the meter she comes up and sits. Same with shots, I am lucky!!!!

Before my dog developed diabetes I actually knew 2 people that had diabetic dogs. And another 3 that had had them in the past.
I think you're doind an amazing job with her @Marie 2. If you do try her with Libre, let us know how you get on.

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends, I didn’t feel funky when my blood meter said 3.7 on waking. Maybe my blood meter is lying too. XD

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning, not a happy bunny 12.3, going to sulk and walk into Oxford
Have a good day

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I woke still craving Marmite soup. Does that my body's way of telling me I'm deficient in my vitamin B's? Or electrolytes? Or just plain crazy?

Reactions: hh1 and Marie 2

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, now back at work and I'd like to say normal service has resumed (on the BG front) but it hasn't yet. Had (hopefully) final blood test checkup on the cat yesterday - have to wait a 'few' days for the results - they better be good results.....I haven't tallied up all the costs (and I don't really want to) but I think I'll be renaming him *Mels cat* :D

Been at work an hour and a half and I want to go home now.................

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I have frozen flapjacks! But I put wax paper or brown paper in between each one. They come out fine!

Reactions: MeiChanski

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all nothing much to report here except I'm glad it's cooling down a bit. Bg okay, puppy sweet but full on; I'll be glad when she's fully vaccinated and I can walk her properly, even though it won'tbe far until she's older. Good luck at the clinic @Mel dCP

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all.
Marmite I hate BUT it does sound good as a drink, possibly. Will try that later tonite

I read that as "You Lusted longer than me" and had to go back and read the earlier comments.
Nope, you were not lusting over a cup of marmite. I was just in need of more morning tea.
Same here Helen, my morning eyes and brain are still in bed, I found it hard to spell BMW earlier to write it in the diary for an MOT!! Another cup of tea is the go.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all.
Marmite I hate BUT it does sound good as a drink, possibly. Will try that later tonite

Same here Helen, my morning eyes and brain are still in bed, I found it hard to spell BMW earlier to write it in the diary for an MOT!! Another cup of tea is the go.
Do let us know if it is as soothing as the internet says, :)

Reactions: porl69

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Fleas, fleas, fleas :(
The poor dogs and cats are having a hard time with them this year. I've used those expensive drops in the neck succesfully for years, but last year they kept coming back and this year seems to be even worse. Going to try flea collars this time, they should stay active for 6 months and the small dogs (mine plus sleep-over dogs) can share one if I use a bit of duct tape so I only need 3 for 5 dogs, and one for each of the cats.

And we'll have a flea hunt this afternoon to get rid of most of the fleas already on the dogs.
My friend has this trick where you wash them with conditioner and comb the fleas out with the conditioner still in their fur.
So whatever happens with the fleas, at least I'll have 5 very good smelling soft fluffy dogs by tonight :p
Picking up friend, flea combs and conditioner in an hour and we'll have a funny afternoon. And playing with water and dogs will be bliss in this heat!

Last edited:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Clinic went well, but as predicted, they were very twitchy about the 35 and looking at Libreview, you can see why! 46% hypo according to that, with a prediction of 26 :banghead: they’re really interested in Loop, so yeah. All good.

Reactions: karen8967

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@helensaramay how could you even be in doubt?! Tackerama!

@Antje77 I use Nexgard (chewable tablets) for my dogs and none of them has ever had fleas. It also prevents against ticks and a whole host of worms, and whilst it's expensive, it seems to work well. It doesn't stop things landing on them but once fleas & ticks suck blood they die. When I had cats I stopped using the drops on the neck (it was called Frontline here) because it sent my lovely tomcat crazy; he literally foamed at the mouth just after it was put on him.

Good luck; years ago I had two cats and a house infestation and it's hideous to get rid of.

Reactions: Knikki