Good morning everyone have a good day
FB_IMG_1502470027679.jpg

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967 I always love your meme but today I appreciate it even more. This week is due an end.
The good news is I am not travelling. The bad news is I have so many meetings, I have no time for a spin class.
Just 5 meetings and then I can have 2 days off ... and I will not look at my emails.
BG is still running a little high and being bought down with temp basal. I suspect the lack of gym is contributing to that.

I hope you enjoy your day and not get too wet - the sky is blue at the moment but rain is forecast later.
enjoy your 2 days off hope bgs settle :)

Reactions: Fairygodmother

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MeiChanski - How about a small cross body bag/pouch? I have a couple of things I use on hols; not be diabetes supplies, but for my phone, or "bits", that means I can have my phone, cards or whatever, on me, but it can be close to my bod.

Cross body tends to be discreet, and with the bag element on your hip, it could work, for your scanner and a couple of tubes of glucose gel, or a pack of gluco tabs.

eBay, Amazon and Etsy are bound to have loads, or you might already have something?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@MeiChanski Instead at looking at the pitfalls as obstacles that are hard to overcome, look at the ways you can make it work. If you go out and about without pockets you have a purse. Well your purse might not be as reachable then I might just need to make sure I have pockets. If I absolutely have to wear something without pockets and I know I am going to be working and potentially have an issue, then as a women we have the blessing of a bra to stuff something onto.

But think of how you can make it work, instead of how it isn't.

A Top Banana post, filled with positive words.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Happy Friday, working, studying, meeting, trying to eat or relaxing
I slept well last night and ate 4 fruit pastilles
Woke 4.4, still strange number but not a hypo
Here's to the weekend

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone and happy that it's Friday! 7.3 last night, 7.0 this morning and 4.9 just now. And that was after spag bol last night and no multi wave/split bolus effort on my part - probably because it was reheated (and I ate much later than normal).

Chinese tonight though so BGs will be out of control like my eating habits where Chinese is concerned! :wideyed:

Edit to add: Washing machine decided to wash the kitchen floor night before last - do I try and fix it or just buy a new washing machine - we had a new kitchen installed a good few years ago and kept our free standing washing machine with the view of replacing it when it 'dies' with an integrated one......anyone have experience of builtin washer/dryers?

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77 and porl69

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone and happy that it's Friday! 7.3 last night, 7.0 this morning and 4.9 just now. And that was after spag bol last night and no multi wave/split bolus effort on my part - probably because it was reheated (and I ate much later than normal).

Chinese tonight though so BGs will be out of control like my eating habits where Chinese is concerned! :wideyed:

Edit to add: Washing machine decided to wash the kitchen floor night before last - do I try and fix it or just buy a new washing machine - we had a new kitchen installed a good few years ago and kept our free standing washing machine with the view of replacing it when it 'dies' with an integrated one......anyone have experience of builtin washer/dryers?
im exactly the same with chinese slip ;)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@slip I have no experience with built ins, but 1-2 years ago we were faced with a broken washer and started reading reviews trying to decide which new one to get. But it seems like a lot of people were unhappy with how they washed. All were water saver washers in the US and while people said the tubs were large they didn't cover the clothes easily with water and didn't clean as well. They had all sorts of features to steam clothes etc I believe to try to make up for less water.

So we decided repairing our old one was the best option as we could fill it with as much water as we wanted and it always was great at cleaning even though it was 20 years old.

But I have noticed a bunch now that say, use as much water as you want. Extra deep water settings for heavier loads etc. So I think they might have tried to correct the problem that seemed to be prevalent back then. But you might keep an eye out for the amount of water one can use in a new washer as I don't know if all of them have the more water options.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends
I have woken up a bit high 13.7. A big yikes, I think it was the pad thai I had eaten last night. I didn’t think to split dose for it but I’ll keep it in mind for next time. I didn’t think it was worth that high blood sugar, not quite my standard of a pad thai. I guess I was expecting a nice bed of beanspouts with crushed peanuts and chillies on the side, with a slice of lime. Okay, maybe I was expecting a close enough authentic pad thai.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hello friends
I have woken up a bit high 13.7. A big yikes, I think it was the pad thai I had eaten last night. I didn’t think to split dose for it but I’ll keep it in mind for next time. I didn’t think it was worth that high blood sugar, not quite my standard of a pad thai. I guess I was expecting a nice bed of beanspouts with crushed peanuts and chillies on the side, with a slice of lime. Okay, maybe I was expecting a close enough authentic pad thai.
And now I want pad Thai for dinner.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I think salty warm water is a good one, saved me a few times when I had periodontal disease. You shouldn’t worry too much if you are keeping it clean after every meal.

Ah yes, doing that lots, plus corsodyl, etc etc