1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yep, @Knikki would certainly go for shortbread to stop you farting around.Good luck for the exams, have you learnt all the things you have to say when doing what you do?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. SueJB

Don't you think @Alison54321 that we all sound as if he's dead?

• Like Like x 2
  3. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Sort of - in that when I’m with an actual patient I do them and say the right things. It’s just whether I’ll remember them under the weird and fake setup of an exam. I’ve printed them off and laminated checklists so I can go over it and over it with my family and they can tick all the essentials off. Repetition is key here!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I’d eat jaffa cakes for knikki but I don’t think he wants me to be unwell Diabetes not too shabby lately, yesterday work had Christmas chocolates so I couldn’t resist anything marzipan. Now I’d like some sweet almond cookies, I know theres an asian brand of those cookies and they are tasty. I’ve been reunited with Fiasp, but I have to give novorapid a pat on the back for doing a good job with my work schedule and keeping me alive.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. SueJB

Afternoon all,
    I've had the eye thingy done and it did sting again!! Started raining as I left home and then stuff me sideways, the sun came out after they'd taken the eye photos. I was hoping to walk home under clouds, ended up having to get the bus as I couldn't see too well But the thing that just struck me now is that I got a letter from the NHS saying the eye thing was due which was brilliant and then got a reminder to say I hadn't had it done... again pure magic. Love the NHS and all who sail in it

• Like Like x 3
    • Hug Hug x 2
    #22845 SueJB, Oct 17, 2019 at 3:53 PM
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  6. SueJB

You'll be magic and defo repetition is the key to automaticity

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. LooperCat

I’m going to make low carb Jaffa cakes. Just worked out how to do it...

My usual low carb bread mix sweetened for the base; sugar free orange jelly, and 95% choklit on top. Make the base in muffin/cupcake tin, and then assemble. I’ve only got mango jelly, but that’ll do. Off to the kitchen!

#revisionavoidance

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  8. ChrissiStar

ChrissiStar Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Afternoon all!

Just back from my checkup at the diabetic clinic, in some ways it was very successful, in others a bit of a failure, but c’est la vie! I’ll focus on the positives: I am to try the Libre again and now have it on prescription to do so, I have also had Fiasp added to my repeat along with 4mm needles.

Another positive was my hbA1c - 42 - could have knocked me over with a feather! Doctor was convinced I must be having a load of hypos to achieve such a low number, but he looked at the Libre data I had and the data on MySugr and was quite happy with what he saw. I don’t know if being ridiculously ill for the past month and losing over a stone in weight might have slightly skewed things though.

Came out of the hospital and went to Dobbies for lunch with my Mum (Moroccan spiced chicken soup & a herby scone - :hungry:), then had to do a bit of running between the GP & Boots, got home and my bloods thanked me with an 11 :arghh: I’m putting it down to stress and adrenalin though.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Sending a virtual ((((( hug ))))) Karen and I hope you feel a little better as the day goes on x

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MeiChanski

I’ll get tea and coffee ready ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Robinredbreast

That diabetes fairy has a nasty streak sometimes, but well down on your hbA1c, that's very good :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Robinredbreast

:wideyed: What's happened ? :wideyed:

• Like Like x 2
  13. MeiChanski

Could we eat vegan nugs for wutwo?

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Robinredbreast

Good afternoon, I hope you are all doing okay :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. SueJB

That's what I said before, the way we're writing, sounds as though he's dead rather than gone. I reckon he's lurking.Can I get the recipe for jaffas @LooperCat please?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. LooperCat

Teenager has eaten the jelly so I haven’t made them yet but this is the plan:

Low carb base - 1tbsp almond flour, 1/2tbsp psyllium husk powder; 1/2 tsp baking powder; 1 egg, some erythritol. Spoonful into the base of a silicone muffin tin and bake for maybe 7 minutes? Not sure yet. When that’s cooled, I’ll slice a premade tub of orange jelly and put on the base. Then spoon some melted chocolate on top.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. MeiChanski

For some reason I am more excited about my baby cousin’s birthday than she is. I don’t think she knows whats in store for her. Next week I’ll purchase a few toys - I had in mind a bag of building blocks in different colours, drawing mat with a boarder of textures and buttons that makes sounds, or a teddy bear with buttons on it or an activity table. Maybe I should buy all of it? My auntie said Rosie has been enjoying toddler snacks like corn sticks, because she can’t talk yet she would stick her hand out asking for more. I got a snack buddy now

• Like Like x 5
  18. Robinredbreast

I made burgers for dinner tonight DSC_1276 - Edited.jpg so I will cook them when daughter gets home from work :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Can't complain I was bored today - Young Vampire treated us to the full version of a recalcitrant and bolshy hypo right up to the final step "If it's another 3.4, it's 999" which I, fortunately, did not have to invoke as a 6.something appeared. Not sure which of us cheered the loudest.

Then, I've just coaxed my own "walk all the way home in the absence of buses" hypo back to a reasonable number.

The non-diabetes dramas were all very over the top extravaganzas as well. I'm having a quiet evening now and avoiding any dramas of any kind!! I hope.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    #22859 Japes, Oct 17, 2019 at 6:08 PM
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  20. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

With all the talk of Knikki and his absenteeism perhaps someone from the moderator team could help us.
    They maybe able to offer some insight into why he stopped posting so abruptly.
    He didn’t seem the type of guy to leave without saying goodbye.
    I’m sure they have access to far more forum information than us.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook