1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yep over 50 pages to have a quick look thru, well fast reading is not one of my better qualities :)

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

or Oreos

• Like Like x 1
  3. SueJB

I think I was retired for a short time for the same thing but I came back and wish Knikki would too. Wicked sense of humour.@therower
    Welcome back @porl69

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

MeiChanski - I must admit, because I have to avoid gluten absolutely, I usually ensure I have my own food sorted out, rather than rely on anyone anywhere to feed me.

I know your issues aren't with gluten, but personally, I just feel I'm better looking after myself, then if something irresistibly, suitably fabulous turns up in front of me, it's a pleasant surprise. but I know I'll not be going hungry.

• Like Like x 1
  5. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

its still there ive just seen it @Kim Possible :)

6. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

I’m training to be a paramedic, it’s amazing and I absolutely love it. Diabetes robbed me of a lot of years, but thanks to the tech I’m lucky enough to have now, I’ve been able to achieve non diabetic levels, reverse the complications and really get to grips with life again. On blue lights and sirens :D Dark humour a prerequisite for the job.

Ended up doing 24 (and a half) hours straight on my feet yesterday. Up at 0530, busy day at uni, was chilling at home watching Cake Off with the family when my best mate called in a panic. Her usually well controlled asthma had kicked off, worse than I’ve ever seen it, and her inhalers weren’t working. So I took her down to A&E for nebulising and oxygen - long story short, we were there for six hours, and I finally crawled into bed at 6am. Slept until lunchtime, and feel surprisingly chipper. D-emon behaved pretty well throughout, but I did have to do a pod change at 5am while we were at the hospital, as it was due at bedtime last night. All good practice for when I start my clinical placement out on the road in a couple of weeks, and will be doing shifts, I suppose! The Loop seems to be handling my topsy-turvy life admirably. Friend is much better today, I’ll pop over later and check on her - handily one of my exams is patient assessment on someone with respiratory issues, so it’s revision. With a cup of tea. When she offered to help me revise, I wasn’t expecting such dedication to the cause!

Have a good one, lovely friends ♥️

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
    #22806 LooperCat, Oct 16, 2019 at 3:02 PM
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  7. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I think you will find that you was on gardening leave and not retirement.;).

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. SueJB

Enforced temporary retirement from T1D chums, about the same as having to go and sit on the naughty stool when I was a child.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Delticmatt100

Delticmatt100 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yowie wowie just took blood reading 4.3. Beating my previous low of 4.4. I'm so happy. Being back at work helps lower my blood as excersie. Cleaning trains on my feet all the time. I feel good no sign of feeling wonky. Guess needs to be in 3. But I'm doing great. Yes it's still honeymoon time but I'm determined with all this. :)

• Like Like x 9
  10. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@therower Thanks for kind message. Wrote you a reply but it comes up that I cannot send you one. I am fine and ignoring lol!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

When I worked in a restaurant in the 1990's, at the end of the shift, about 2.30pm, we could eat the meals for that day.
    In my new job, going to the council offices for courses, we need to take our own lunch, eat in the council restaurant or go outside, but a few years ago they did provide food for lunch, but that stopped probably to save money.
    They provide tea, coffee and biscuits for breaks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I told the kitchen I’m vegetarian, so I get anything from tofu to vegetables for my meal. Today I had mixed veggie stir fry with a bit of spice. But I brought snacks in my backpack with me so if I feel a bit peckish, I can go upstairs for a quick munch.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

What happened to Knikki, did he get in to trouble, or something?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Alison54321

That's a shame.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. SueJB

Yep @Alison54321, we were "naughty" and I miss his humour but not surprised he hasn't returned. A big loss, wit and intelligence

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Alison54321

Naughty? I won't ask, just in case somewhere in the somewhat extensive forum rules is a clause that bans someone for explaining why they got a ban, or even a ban for asking someone to explain why they got a ban.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

That’s odd. I’m probably listed as a bad influence ;)
    Good to hear that the ignorance of others hasn’t affected you.:)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. sportyboston

sportyboston Type 1 · Well-Known Member

What's the weather like? I live in Central Qld, Australia and it is hot (38 degrees) and dry. We are in severe drought. I am wondering whether anyone can make me envious with their rainy weather in England.

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. db89

db89 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Down to about 7°C tonight, rain holding off for now until the end of the week.

20. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

I am not in England but we are getting lots of rain today! An unusual day for it to rain fairly constant. We have a puddle out front. Usually it's brief showers off and on all the time. We actually get rain pretty much all year, just more in the winter than the summer. We never have to water plants except for the ones we are planting at the moment! Our temperature is 27C or 80 F!

@sportyboston Does that make you envious? :angelic:

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook