1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Justin04

Justin04 · Active Member

Sure makes me jealous Marie 2. @sportyboston I’m in CQ as well mate. The family and I have just spent the last two weeks over in the NT checking out Alice and Ayers Rock. I thought I knew hot till we went over there. 42.6 in the shade was the best reading I found. 9% humidity, 4% in Camooweal. Got home to 94% humidity at home and can’t stand it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

@Justin04 Yea, but if you don’t like humidity, you wouldn’t like it where I’m at? We vary probably most of the time between 80-90%. But we do have beaches!

3. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

9 degrees, 83% chance of rain.

• Like Like x 1
  4. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

7 degrees here. Brilliant sunshine not a cloud in the sky.
    Just chatted with someone who lives 10 miles down the road and he had to scrape the windscreen on his van this morning.
    All in all a lovely autumn morning.
    Good luck @Kim Possible and safe journeys.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Crikey. All bets for a White Christmas will be off if that continues.:hilarious:

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

morning all
    I am bleeding freezing! Gone from 36 degrees on Monday to 8 degrees today! Thermals for me tomorrow :hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Hug Hug x 2
  7. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Morning! Rain bearing against my bedroom window so haven’t bothered emerging from under my quilt yet :D Got my exam timetable, first thing Wednesday and Friday next week, all done and dusted by 0945 each day. Nice.

good luck @Kim Possible

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. porl69

You'll "smash it". WOW I really hate that saying lol. Good luck :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@sportyboston I don't think we've had a completely dry 24hr spell at all in October, yes this morning was a lovely bright autumn morning, but chances of heavy showers later and highs of 14 - but this morning the grass had a 'crunch' to it.

Can't believe it but we've sorted our family Christmas get together already and for once it was simple, EVERYONE can make the first date mentioned - that doesn't happen on my watch, and yeap it isn't my watch :sour: but my sisters. She now has to plan the dog walk route, theres plenty of options and as it is more local to me I suspect she'll 'delegate' that bit to me. Usually it takes at least 3 dates and then someone still can't make it. :happy:

BGs holding fairly steady.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all,
    Sunny here in Oxford which is good as I've got my retinopathy eye thingy later.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@SueJB blues brothers day! good luck, hope the drops don't sting too much and remember the sunglasses!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I can imagine wearing sunglasses on top of my specs, hehehe. Mine are reactolight but thanks for the tip. They always sting

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

good morning everyone had one of those days yesterday were bgs kept hitting the deck regardless of what id eaten hardly any insulin but plenty of carbs this diabetes lark does baffle me at times lets hope today is a bit more settled looks lovely and sunny out but its cold so for now im curled up on the couch and not moving.:) have a good day everyone and hugs to all who need them and goodluck wishes to @Kim Possible

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

G’day, Good Morning, Greetings, Hiya. I’ve been away from the forum for a day or two doing ceramic stuff, discovering how to run a MiaoMiao, etc etc and come back now I can stop running to stay in place to see that multiple welcomes are needed. Welcome!
    I’m loving the MiaoMiao, but having to resist over correcting with repeated alarms. It helps that the current sensor’s more or less in line with bloods when in range.
    Nice and sunny here, has been about 12 - 14 C, and not excessively wet, but that’s the sarf east. We have droughts when the west has floods.
    Green tomatoes here too, so put them in the oven with the red ones and roasted the lot. The green ones had a lovely slightly sour flavour.
    Missing Knikki too, just mentioning him generates a desire to eat cake.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. LooperCat

I’m going to bake shortbread in his honour. Be rude not to.

I need to set a timer to limit my farting around on the Internet when I supposed to be revising. Just waiting for an amazon delivery before I disappear upstairs with my laminator to encapsulate my exam criteria for next week’s horror.

Bloods ok - felt a little low, so did a quick check (CGM read 6) but was at 5.4 - maybe it’s too much caffeine. Hmmm.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Shortcake a great idea! I’m thinking about an apple cake in his honour before the birds eat the lot. Not quite Knikki style but can always decorate it with a Jaffa cake or two, or three, or a whole packet.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I think doing things in Knikki's honour is an excellent idea. I'm going to make my lunch in his honour, we must remember him. :angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good luck @Kim Possible
    Thursday is date day in our house and we had planned a trip to cinema this morning. But on seeing the lovely weather decided on a 5 mile circular walk instead. It goes across fields from our house and takes in the local park. Three hours with a 15min break for coffee and Tiffin for the husband. Had a mini packet of raisins en route and sugar levels at the end the same as the beginning a nice 5. A win win!

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  19. porl69

Stood here dribbling at the thought

Edited to say that sounded better in my head :) :)

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  20. LooperCat

Just sprayed coffee all over my iPad... :hilarious::rolleyes:

Keto shortbread a semi-success. Fell apart a bit, because I tried to de-mould it too soon. Which meant I had lots of broken ones to “sample” :D Have glued some together with super-dark chocklit.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook