1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Scott-C

Scott-C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm stockpiling Tunnocks Caramel Wafers, 15g a pop.

If society breaks down, there's no reason why we shouldn't still be sophisticated about hypo treatments...

Am going to have to find some room in the bunker for some Marzipan Ritter Sport too.

lead.png

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Careful mate. Look at the trouble the spiders caused. We only need a dyslexic kamelaphobic and it could all kick off again

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Mel you’ve certainly had an interesting weekend! Hope the head isn’t too badly damaged!

I’ve got to say my weekend has been fairly calm, daughters first league football match, and it was just glorious - the weather that is! It was the best I’ve seen her team play but they still lost 4-0, they just need to get in gear before half way through the first half :hilarious:

Also had to sort the second chicken run for a trio of new birds, they now have full use of the run now they’re out of quarantine. Clearing and Moving lots of wood chip, thought working quite hard in this heat I’d knock back the insulin - perhaps it wasn’t as physical as I thought (as if) so BGs have been at the high but reasonable range, no hypos I guess us good:rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 5
  4. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Diabetic!

Just had X-ray, just waiting for the results.

Bored and I need a wee now.

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

You got it.:) Well done:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Scott-C

Scott-C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

If it was earlier than 22:45, I might have googled "kamelaphobic", but it's now 22:47, so I can't be bovered..will do tomorrow, maybe

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Home now, no major damage. Just a purple face. Night x

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone have a good day

• Like Like x 1
  9. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Used to love these and had them quite often - my boss sometimes brings them in and I have been known to indulge but very rarely. Not sure why though because I now find them too sweet and it takes me a couple of hours to eat - must be an impulse thing!

10. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Glad no damage mel but hugs all the same

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, bg good, puppy alarm went off at 6 this morning as she does every morning - how do you change the time on a puppy alarm?

@Mel dCP hope any after effects don't get in the way of your training today. Wanted to refer to your 'fall' but wasn't sure the humour would translate in writing ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

How fitting!:sorry:

BGs have behaved since last night, 7.6 before bed, 5.9 this morning.

ummmmm......you don't, and don't even think about when the clocks change......

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

ummmmm......you don't, and don't even think about when the clocks change......[/QUOTE]

Oh heck I'll be up at 5! Thanks for that cheering thought @slip

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Kim Possible

Kim Possible Type 1 · Expert

Morning,

Sitting on the train next to a guy who really didn't want to have to share his seat. There was the initial request to move his stuff and put down the arm rest. Then he extended his arm as far as possible over the armrest. Then he started reading my computer ... only the news at that time. And now he has gone to sleep slumped in my direction with the occasional correction after some gentle nudging from me.
    BG was a little low on waking for no obvious reason (only exerciser yesterday was an amble around the perimeter of a local NT deer park) and new sensor is reading high despite giving it more than 30 hours to bed in.

Who mentioned clock changes? That will be the end of summer and the start of dark nights. Noooooooooo.
    It reminds me of a commute I used to take. Every morning, I would pass a kestrel hovering above a wall. It was a highlight of my journey (at least it was better than getting stuck in a traffic jam on the motorway). Until the bird disappeared. Suddenly, one Monday morning, it was not there. It was not there on the Tuesday. It was not there on the Wednesday. .... Then I realised the clocks had changed and no one had told my feathered friend. I hope he worked it out and wasn't late for work.

I hope your week starts with something nicer than slumping dosing men and purple cheeks fade soon.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Woke on 9.7 so I’m grumpy.

• Hug Hug x 5
  16. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

SHRUGS SHOULDERS - HOW did that start???
    Love that word :)

Good morning all. Wow that was some weekend foe everyone.....some good some not so good!
    @Mel dCP you had to go get a purple bruise......hope it fades pretty quickly
    @MeiChanski do you think you will be getting the CGM to go with whatever pump you are having? Have you been told so?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I think so because DSN said I’m not too far from death’s doorstep because of over night hypos. (I told her about the previous severe hypos) But at the same time, I’m not too sure. It’s like playing a guessing game.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MeiChanski

Afternoon friends, 6.2 but the weird feeling type of 6.2. I don’t feel okay but I’ll have a small meal before heading out for another job interview, thai food anyone?

19. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good luck on that Mei. I am trying to persuade my DSN/consultant that I would benefit from a CGM because I am totally hypo unaware. I made the mistake of telling them about the MM and alarms that you can set!!!!!!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  20. MeiChanski

Thank you, Just thinking about your situation, did they not prescribe you one along with the pump? Or did they chuck a pump at you and not take your hypo unwareness into consideration? Or did they want you to manually suspend your pump when you have a hypo?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook