Type 1'stars R Us

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Yep @Japes Novo is orange cartridge so in the spectrum of colour I chose the red pen and ditto for Levo............. it's green, so go blue.
Off now to try and emulate @LooperCat and wizz up some jaffa cakes
Forgotten what a pain in the nether regions the clock change is going to be, car, cooker, alarms, cooking timer, glad the computers do it on their own.
Can't find the jaffa spongey recipe @LooperCat and I walked in the rain to the big shop to get the jelly!! Stuffed! or other words not so polite beginning with the letter after E

Reactions: Marie 2

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
As a freelance teacher trainer and EFL teacher, I'm interested to know what people understand by "profanity"
Ideas please:)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
As a freelance teacher trainer and EFL teacher, I'm interested to know what people understand by "profanity"
The F word and the C word would pretty much be the only contenders for me. And I use those all the time :D

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve fallen foul of the understanding of “ profanity “
It’s my experience that it’s not so much the profanity but the person using the profanity.
If you’re close buddies and allies then it’s not profanity.
If you’re different with alternate beliefs then it’s profanity.;)

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I’ve fallen foul of the understanding of “ profanity “
It’s my experience that it’s not so much the profanity but the person using the profanity.
If you’re close buddies and allies then it’s not profanity.
If you’re different with alternate beliefs then it’s profanity.;)

I have close workmates that I've known for many years and we are not afraid of swearing at each other when we're in the factory (not in the office where there's mixed company).

So whilst I think I understand your point, a profanity does not cease to be a profanity just because your mates tolerate it or even find it amusing?

Edited to add, if you wouldn't say it to Lizzie at a Buck' House garden party, then it's probably not OK to say it here.

Last edited:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have close workmates that I've known for many years and we are not afraid of swearing at each other when we're in the factory (not in the office where there's mixed company).

So whilst I think I understand your point, a profanity does not cease to be a profanity just because your mates tolerate it or even find it amusing?
My comments on this subject are purely and simply relevant to this forum.
A profanity is always a profanity which is why when a profanity appears it should be dealt with on a consistent basis.
Sadly that doesn’t happen.

Reactions: porl69

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
A profanity is always a profanity which is why when a profanity appears it should be dealt with on a consistent basis.

Well there should be a system filter operating to ******* out profanity at source. If this is not happening, then hit the report button and we'll get the techies to look at it.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well there should be a system filter operating to ******* out profanity at source. If this is not happening, then hit the report button and we'll get the techies to look at it.
Hi. If I was to PM you directly on the forum does your position as a staff member still automatically PM the moderators and .administrators?
I ask because this isn’t the thread to be discussing certain subjects.

Reactions: porl69 and Marie 2

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. If I was to PM you directly on the forum does your position as a staff member still automatically PM the moderators and .administrators?
Nope. Your pm would go to Urbanracer only.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@LooperCat I absolutely love the Beyond Meat sausages! I fry them with some Earth Balance Margarine and I cook them a little longer than they say to so they get more of s brown crispier skin on them. The health stores and the supermarket is carrying them and were having a hard time keeping them in until they upped their order. They have been very popular and got an award for best new meat alternative this year. I get the regular ones, I haven’t tried the spicy ones.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@LooperCat I absolutely love the Beyond Meat sausages! I fry them with some Earth Balance Margarine and I cook them a little longer than they say to so they get more of s brown crispier skin on them. The health stores and the supermarket is carrying them and were having a hard time keeping them in until they upped their order. They have been very popular and got an award for best new meat alternative this year. I get the regular ones, I haven’t tried the spicy ones.
They’re a brand new thing here, for the last few month I’ve been able to get the frozen burgers in one supermarket only - but spotted chilled burgers and sausages in there yesterday. An expensive treat, but really good!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

The question to ask is..

Would you use colourful & unprofessional expletives in the presence your students, potential clients or just plain throwing them out there regarding connecting in the company of people you do not know..

This is an open forum with a varied comunity.

As a member of 2 rock bands I mindfully gauge my audience.. New venues? We as a band wish to be invited back.
As a "front man." What is pushed vocally through a potential 1k rigg hinges on that. ;)

The English language is rich enough, without having to contravene "Ofcom" protocols..

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I am beginning to wonder with my dog Kai if I hit a vein, although the crash would have been even faster I think or more likely a muscle with the insulin injection the other night as her sugars have been in the more predictable patterns the last couple of days..

Although how high the spike after eating is varying , so then the lower range is too. But it all is following the more predictable paths from the lip pricking we had been doing before, Spiking after eating until the insulin kicks in and then slowly decreasing until the next meal/shot.

But we’ll see, too early to know, if I’ll ever know a reason!

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
With a dog? I don't think Lilly do a u40 strength for animals..

It could be some sort of "Vetsulin" brand?
I have no clue what insulin she uses. U40 (or whatever strength) is made by diluting any insulin. An unexplainable hard to get out of hypo just made me think Lantus.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather

Edited to add, if you wouldn't say it to Lizzie at a Buck' House garden party, then it's probably not OK to say it here.
So does that mean you understand profanity to be swearing @urbanracer ?
I understand your point but you don't say what you think profanity is @therower

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@urbanracer can you please define profanity as used on this site? This would help people

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Off topic, my original question was about everyone's idea on what profanity is and not how it should be dealt with @urbanracer

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I don't think too many use the U40 mix here anymore, you use either the people Novolin or Humilin N's. Usually twice a day. (at least west US) I wanted to use Lantus, but I was told Lantus doesn't work that well on dogs, but then I was told by a vet back in California that some are using it, so not sure..................... But I also have Humalog when she runs high off and on when needed to bring it down. Lantus requires a second insulin with it, whereas the Novolin and Humilin have a peak for meals and lasts about 12 hours. Although unexpectedly it is lasting more than 12 hours. But it seems to be the favored for veterinary use. Probably because it is easy to acquire and cheap for pet owners to use. (35 or 25 per vial US Dollars over the counter and no prescription needed)

We tested her 1-2 times a day and we have done curves and randomly tested her at different times. We had it pretty down pat what doses we use for her. And the adjustments we do depending. Except that suddenly she will run high for days or weeks, which we could never figure out what causes it. So this was to get a better picture of the full day hopefully over 2 weeks to see. If she will keep it on, I would love to keep her on one.

That sudden drop for hours was so out of the blue for us??? When we have tested her at lower numbers (but has never been below a 3) we have given her some candy and dog bones and she goes up pretty quickly to normal levels. But hitting so fast right after putting on the sensor I was wondering if it was happening more than we thought. Just very scary how I couldn't get her numbers to come up.

She is being more predictable right now...... phew!!!!!!!