Type 1'stars R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Better night with my dog, she stayed steady all night and consequently I did too!!!!!!
Go dog! Keep doing this, it's good for the both of you :)
What's her name? Seems stupid to keep referring to a fellow diabetic as "dog".

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Kai!!! And she was already named that by the rescue that had her a while before we got her.
Hello Kai, nice to meet you on the forum! Hope you like your Libre!

Just a thought, although you probably know all this. Did you double check Kais nighttime low with a lipprick? My sensors tend to think I'm hypo during the first night if I don't put it on a day before activating.
They are also very slow to find out when I'm out of a hypo already. It can take as much as a half hour after a fingerprick has shown I'm well above 4 again before my Libre knows as well.

Reactions: Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@ANTJE Yea, I checked her several times. I'm a little worried that she has gastroparesis. When we first got her she was diagnosed with IBD and had trouble with movement of food through her system. She actually has an autoimmune condition of inability to digest proteins properly and food allergies. So I believe the dosing is working most of the time, but since that night she didn't spike until later I have to wonder if it sat in the stomach and if it happens off and on. But the spiking later could have been all the food I gave her and what happened to the food she had???

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi, a bit of a lack lustre day at work, as it was a bit flat, but I have a different event on Sunday.
Reading about someone mentioning cannabis on another thread, I want to have a little moan.
On the bus going home from work, the bus stopped to puck two people, but, there was a third and they shouting for the person ( I couldn't see anyone at that time ) to hurry up, we waited and waited and the guy was just walking towards the bus he got on and stunk the bus out with cannabis smell, he was so laid- back, he was nearly falling asleep and looked out of it, then he got a bottle out of his pocket, not sure what it was, but it wasn't pepsi and started to drink it. If he was in that state at 6 pm, god only knows what he looks like now. I really dislike that smell and breathing it in too, :yuck: so that's my little moan for today:oops: :rolleyes:
I hope you all have had a good day, goodnight zzzzzzz

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@ANTJE Yea, I checked her several times. I'm a little worried that she has gastroparesis. When we first got her she was diagnosed with IBD and had trouble with movement of food through her system. She actually has an autoimmune condition of inability to digest proteins properly and food allergies. So I believe the dosing is working most of the time, but since that night she didn't spike until later I have to wonder if it sat in the stomach and if it happens off and on. But the spiking later could have been all the food I gave her and what happened to the food she had???
If your thought about gastroparesis is right you may be better off rubbing honey (or whatever sweet thing she likes) on her gums. If Kai is anything like my dogs she'll gobble up anything yummy with it hardly even touching the lining of the mouth. If she does have gastroparesis you may be right about the food just sitting in her stomach doing nothing for her hypo until much later when she doesn't need it anymore.
Way out of my depth here, but you might want to read up about microdosing with glucagon.
Mind, I know close to nothing about the use of glucagon apart from reading the directions of the orange box in my butter compartment, and I know a little about gastroparesis, but not gastroparesis in combination with diabetes. Please ignore my thoughts if they are useless, they're really just that, thoughts.

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning guys, it's blowing a hooley here, but no work today.
Food shopping this morning, then chilling out.
3.9 when I got up and that's okay for me.
Happy weekend everyone and I hope it will be a good one:)

Reactions: karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Evening all! Voice remains lost, possibly down the back of the sofa. Felt a bit **** but the exam went ok, thanks for all the positive thoughts, it really means a lot ❤️ I’ll find out in a couple of weeks, so will try to put it to the back of my mind for a bit.
In other news, I got Dexcom today, as Libre has been proving to be hilariously inaccurate (massively under reading and predicting an HbA1c of 26, when I came back from the lab as 35). Initial results look promising...

Blood 5.7
Dex 5.8
Libre (Spike) 6.1
Libre (official) 4.8

I’ll be spending the weekend rebuilding my Loop app to use the Dexcom as the source instead of Spike and see how we go from there :)

Good luck with the exam, I'm sure you have nailed it :)
Take care

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning guys, it's blowing a hooley here, but no work today.
Food shopping this morning, then chilling out.
3.9 when I got up and that's okay for me.
Happy weekend everyone and I hope it will be a good one:)
same for me @Robinredbreast shopping then home to chill all day no grandsons so going to watch ****** films all day ;)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning again,
****** bad business with blood on waking.
As the clocks change tonight/Sunday morning, does that mean we need to change our pricking hour?
Alliteration is a wonderful thing so guess the ******

Edited by moderator

Last edited:

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning fellow pumpers and prickers hope you are all having a good day

Its lovely up here in Haggisland, sun splitting the skies, no wind, so time to give the grass its (hopefully) final cut of the year.

Had my flu jab this morning, the medical centre was crazy busy with people this morning probably getting their flu jabs. Dont think I have ever seen so many old people with walking sticks/wheelchairs/hearing aids in one place in my life

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, post exam lie in was goooooooood.

Well, first night with a Dexcom was pretty smooth. Going to build a new version of Loop today to integrate properly with it - at the moment I’ve done a bit of a Heath Robinson job. Current version uses Spike as a data source, so I’m uploading my Dexcom date to Nightscout, downloading that data into Spike, and Loop can read it that way. The new build will take data directly from the Dexcom, and not need a live internet connection like my temporary arrangement does!​

20B739BB-6FA7-44C5-9ACA-1FCA28A8C460.jpeg

Chest infection now very productive, to quote Lord Percy, I have made purest green! Voice still shot to bits, so the Wales v South Africa match will be very quiet tomorrow... chilli and ginger gin is proving to be quite medicinal, but not until the sun is over the yardarm.

In other news, I picked up some new lowish carb meat substitutes in Tesco yesterday, they’ve more than doubled their range since last time I went. The new Beyond Meat stuff is in, so I’ve got big, chunky sausages to try. If they’re as good as their burgers, I’ll be a happy bunny. Might have them for a rugby breakfast tomorrow with fried mushrooms and duck eggs :)

@SueJB - I just change all the clocks when I wake up, and do everything at the new times. An hour doesn’t make a great deal of difference. And if it does, it gets soaked up in a few days x

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! It's wet here, but it's half-term, I have a car for the week (slight upgrade as well, which I'm not complaining about, only the grey colour when it's this wet and horrid) and no responsibilities until next Sunday, so I have every intention of only doing fun things! As well as practising DVLA driving guidelines, of course.

New half units pen started for Novorapid this morning. I did have a bit left in the disposable pen, but not enough for the whole day, so I'll use that up when I'm home. I've still got disposable ones to use, but the hospital gave me some cartridges to start off so once that prescription is sorted, I'll get the disposables used up between now and 2023! I'd just started a new Levemir pen, so this also gives me some time to get used to the blue pen for Novorapid and then red for Levemir. Every student I've ever worked with has used the red one for Novorapid, so I'd rather have the different colour. Just in case.... especially since I've had to put stickers on my lancing devices so I don't absent-mindedly use theirs instead of mine!!

I did smile at the text from my surgery arriving mid-DAFNE session inviting me to a flu jab clinic that afternoon, then the next text arriving before I left DAFNE ... methinks mine will happen when I see the GP week after next to ensure all the prescription stuff is correct.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all! It's wet here, but it's half-term, I have a car for the week (slight upgrade as well, which I'm not complaining about, only the grey colour when it's this wet and horrid) and no responsibilities until next Sunday, so I have every intention of only doing fun things! As well as practising DVLA driving guidelines, of course.

New half units pen started for Novorapid this morning. I did have a bit left in the disposable pen, but not enough for the whole day, so I'll use that up when I'm home. I've still got disposable ones to use, but the hospital gave me some cartridges to start off so once that prescription is sorted, I'll get the disposables used up between now and 2023! I'd just started a new Levemir pen, so this also gives me some time to get used to the blue pen for Novorapid and then red for Levemir. Every student I've ever worked with has used the red one for Novorapid, so I'd rather have the different colour. Just in case.... especially since I've had to put stickers on my lancing devices so I don't absent-mindedly use theirs instead of mine!!

I did smile at the text from my surgery arriving mid-DAFNE session inviting me to a flu jab clinic that afternoon, then the next text arriving before I left DAFNE ... methinks mine will happen when I see the GP week after next to ensure all the prescription stuff is correct.
Yep @Japes Novo is orange cartridge so in the spectrum of colour I chose the red pen and ditto for Levo............. it's green, so go blue.
Off now to try and emulate @LooperCat and wizz up some jaffa cakes
Forgotten what a pain in the nether regions the clock change is going to be, car, cooker, alarms, cooking timer, glad the computers do it on their own.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I used to use a red pen for NovoSluggish as it’s more dangerous (for me) to take a large dose of, and blue for Tresiba as it’s the “safety” one to keep me stable. Silly logic, but there we are.

Elvis the Loop now has a new look icon, and is up and running! Hopefully it’ll continue to merrily take care of business now it (also hopefully) has a more reliable glucose data input system. Bloods been running steadily in the mid 4s apart from a foot on the floor rise to 7 precisely when I got up. I’ll take that, especially as I’m still under the influence of a chest infection.

3D807F4E-E67B-4808-A0E0-4E30CDCB42C1.jpeg