Type 1'stars R Us

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@becca59 . That’s a ****** with the tooth. At least it was at the backend of your break away. A break that sounds like you’ve thoroughly enjoyed yourselves. Not a twitcher myself but everything else sounds absolutely brilliant.
Long may your new found positivity and wellbeing continue.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Am back from two weeks of travelling and wishing my washed clothes could iron themselves.

Back to reality.. Lol, possibly, the last time I ironed my stuff was before my wedding, 9 years ago..

& come to think of it... a "one off" for my wife when she was running late for something & I happened to have the time before work.

After traveling? I just empty the 25L back pack straight into the washing machine & darn the consiquences of getting the wash program wrong...

Hope you had a great time..?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quick question guys do you higher basal when not well

Hi,

For me? yeah,
Especially with lurg or flu? & with loss of appetite. As much as just 1 possibly 2U than usual.. Keep testing. I find as i get over "it'" i can be all over the place..

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

For me? yeah,
Especially with lurg or flu? & with loss of appetite. As much as just 1 possibly 2U than usual.. Keep testing. I find as i get over "it'" i can be all over the place..
Thanks jaylee x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Im not on lantus anymore on tresiba have had a flare up with my copd just on antibiotics no steroids x

Ah, you may well need to look at yer profile regarding the basal.. But as a rule of thumb on a"sick day/s.. Increasing basal may help uncomplicate things with BG.

Reactions: karen8967

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oddly i'm learning "this song" for a revised setlist with one of the bands i'm a member of?

"I had to run away high
So I wouldn't come home low
Just when things went right
It doesn't mean they were always wrong
Just take this song, and you'll never feel
Left all alone..."

Now i cant show the official video.. (visually it contravenes the forum rules.)

But the travelers amongst us.. I dedicate this choon.

Reactions: porl69

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
75116704_2143626482609799_4717808192090800128_n.jpg

(visited a museum today)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I went to a vegan potluck today and could only do a small amount of prebolus because you never know the quantity or type of food there. It turned out to be a huge crowd so lots of food.....unknown, well vegan because it has to be and you have to do ingredients list with whatever you bring. But veggies and beans and potatoes and biscuits and fruit and coconut milk and and and. A little of this and that and I kept adding bolus amounts with my food in front of me as I was trying to calculate it. I guessed pretty close, it's just without my usual prebolus I spiked more than I would have liked, but worth that because it was fun.

And then a few hours later I went snorkeling after guessing insulin...................Kept it to a half hour because I wasn't sure what was going to happen and I was still a little higher from my meal which was beneficial. So of course about a half hour after I was done a drop but only to a 3.8 so not too bad. All in all I was proud of my guesses!

Reactions: Robinredbreast

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, dentist this morning which is bound to send both BP and BG through the roof. A double appointment with the surgery nurse this afternoon, feet and asthma. Just wouldn't be able to do this without the NHS

Reactions: Marie 2

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone got pump clinic this morning one step closer lets hope its taking months was gonna cancel because not too well with my chest but didnt want to make my wait time longer anyway have a good day everyone

action replay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
SELFISHNESS AND GREEDY PEOPLE :)
Hi Carol,

Don't worry, this thread can go in any direction..?

Here's a link to a thread & more importantly a program featured that may help regarding an informed choice for pain managment. (There are a fair few other topics on this subject too.)

Hope this helps! https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/cannabis-miracle-medicine-or-dangerous-drug-bbc2.167784/

Kind regards,

J>
Thank you for guiding me to the links! I have just received my drops but I will speak to my GP about other medication before I use them! I will post the (hopefully, benefits!) Thank you again. Carol x

Reactions: Jaylee

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Friends

A big big thank you to all of you for the well wishes about cataract operation

It went well and bingo
Instead of the fuzzy mess I can see really good now

Our NHS is amazing

I know because I worked NHS for 21 years nursing then latterly doing admin and nursing

Thank you friends once again your all fab folk