Type 1'stars R Us

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello friends,

Tough day at the cafe - I tripped up the stairs with both hands full of food and the guests were 1.5 steps away. They witnessed their sandwiches flying. I landed on my knees and elbows. I walked away with a bruised knee. I absolutely hate stairs in any hospitality business. But diabetes was good to some degree, I can’t get my basal doses right so I suffered a few times. I came home tonight to several alarms without Fiasp on board. But if I reduce Tresiba anymore, I’ll be higher than 10 in the mornings and higher on my days off and on my periods.
I don’t think I can handle two jobs, I was picked on all night by my manager at the Thai restaurant because I made a few mistakes and slowing down quite quickly.
@MeiChanski out of interest and I hope you don5 mind me asking but how many hours per day and days a week are you working?

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Tough day at the cafe - I tripped up the stairs with both hands full of food and the guests were 1.5 steps away. They witnessed their sandwiches flying. I landed on my knees and elbows. I walked away with a bruised knee. I absolutely hate stairs in any hospitality business. But diabetes was good to some degree, I can’t get my basal doses right so I suffered a few times. I came home tonight to several alarms without Fiasp on board. But if I reduce Tresiba anymore, I’ll be higher than 10 in the mornings and higher on my days off and on my periods.
I don’t think I can handle two jobs, I was picked on all night by my manager at the Thai restaurant because I made a few mistakes and slowing down quite quickly.

Hi,

I would echo @Daphne917 's question. I've done multiple part timers back in the day. ;) Different "heads" for different roles isn't always easy..

Talking of which. Your trip on the stairs.. Where you wearing your new "HD" prescription lenses at the time..?
They may still need a little more getting used to?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Sticking with a pirate theme...

Attachments

• B0D44892-D99A-4DAA-A403-6D5A4650274F.jpeg
    B0D44892-D99A-4DAA-A403-6D5A4650274F.jpeg
    891.5 KB · Views: 124

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Little update after my sad post earlier. There's fun (but somewhat disturbing) things happening in my life as well, with 2 kittens in the house!
79965448_10219357342678636_2953210635032199168_o.jpg

Hi @Antje77 ,

I'm not sure what gender these kitties are? Or if indeed they have been "done..."

But what I do know is after a behaviour display like the wall climbing featured in your pic.

Be carful you don't wind up with more cats.
It's kind of how they show off whilst courting? ;)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Antje77 ,

I'm not sure what gender these kitties are? Or if indeed they have been "done..."

But what I do know is after a behaviour display like the wall climbing featured in your pic.

Be carful you don't wind up with more cats.
It's kind of how they show off whilst courting? ;)
Too young for reproducing, thankfully, although I do not know their exact age, they were found in a field all by themselves a couple of weeks ago. Just an adventurous kitten being a kitten :)
I think the one up in the curtains is a male and the other a female, and they will both be neutered as soon as the vet deems them old enough :)

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Too young for reproducing, thankfully, although I do not know their exact age, they were found in a field all by themselves a couple of weeks ago. Just an adventurous kitten being a kitten :)
I think the one up in the curtains is a male and the other a female, and they will both be neutered as soon as the vet deems them old enough :)

I wish you the best of luck.. :) The cats I saw whilst sat around a friends on evening looked not much older than yours.
The female was climbing the wall paper & hanging off the pictures mounted on the wall..?

Pretty much doing everything bar putting on a Barry White LP. ;)

Lol, I remember mentioning to my friend at the time, "is that normal?"

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

If I calculate this up coming week, it’ll be 55 hours (I think). I tripped up the stairs- where the tip of my shoe tripped on the edge of the step. (It was the last step before reaching the guests) So I landed on my knees :(
Dexcom has made a remarkable difference, it was accurate from day 2 and it has on several occasions saved my butt. Libre graph is also looking much better.
I had a vegan protein shake today and it has ever so slightly increased my BG slowly, not a steep increase and remained in good range with the stress from work. If I used water with it, it would be carb free but I used sweetened soy milk. (bf was suppose to buy unsweetened)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just got my most recent HbA1c...

Covers exactly the time I’ve been on placement and doing shift work...

Up from 35, I’ll take that :D

Reactions: karen8967

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Heads up. Went to diabetes consultant check up at elsie bertram. The diabetes consultant talked to me about how I am. He said I was near off the chart wen I first started diabetes then I got down to yellow then into purple non diabetes levels and believe or not that's how I've stayed. Now he then said something that light up my eyes. He said my Pancras is starting producing insulin again. I was in shock. He showed me the amount around 530ish I'm producing. He said they still not sure if I'm type 1 or 2. They recon about 2years they should pin point which one I am if any. X

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon.

Well after New Years has been and gone off looking for Creme Eggs and Hot Cross buns, hopefully with cinnamon on them, might cure me...............again.

Toodle Pip.

Reactions: porl69