Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
And a good place for people like me (who is not diabetic) to keep in touch with friends like @Robinredbreast and others ...love hearing their stories (like @Fairygodmother s paint matching dilemmas:happy:) and updates....long may it continue....

.....sending special hugs to @Robinredbreast :) today....

Awww bless you @Molly56. We have been friends since 2016 and like the thread, long may it continue x

Reactions: Clivethedrive
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The thread is in the T1 sub-forum for discussing T1 matters. It is impractical to have a list of acceptable topics, but as the sub-forum descriptor states, posts should be linked to T1 diabetes. I think T1 is pretty wide and challenging enough.

From post #26001 I see about a dozen posts discussing, or mentioning T1 diabetes, it's management or living with it. I ran out of fingers s o won't bicker over one or two, either way.

If the desire is for a chat thread, there's a bespoke sub-forum for that. I think it would be a shame for that to happen, as I believe this thread serves a valuable purpose, but mindfulness of the location is helpful to say the least.

Thank you for your reply, it is appreciated.
Member's and moderators only have to look at the very first post on this thread, made on June 10th 2018, because many of you have commented from the beginning and I want to it continue in the way it was started 18 months ago :)

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Reactions: Cumberland

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you very much I’d love to have the black one but he’s my friends

The chocolate one is mine
@Cumberland .....what a gorgeous picture of little Wispa......and aptly named too:)......I seem to remember you having a particular liking for Galaxy too if I remember correctly....

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I am way too opinionated to be a moderator :)
The forum has lost well over 120 years of type 1 diabetes experience just from 4 people I know. And I can not even put down why as it will be "moderated" OR I will have a small ban!

I have said enough for today.....the red mist is descending so will leave it as is (for the time being)

Keep calm and drink tea ( that works for me) :joyful:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm 7.2 at the moment ( I was a little low a couple of hours ago) so I'm pleased with that.
Chillin' and going to watch 1939 film, Wuthering Heights :happy::joyful:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In what context, please can you clarify................. as members could be unsure and worried about what they can write.
What about Good morning, goodnight, I've had a horrible day at work, going to watch a film, fed up with everything at the moment.
I have seen what has happened over the weekend and I am saddened by it all. So just to understand your highlighted quote

This is the very first post on this thread :
A place for us type 1's to have a chat, post blood glucose numbers, some banter and a even a little whinge.

6.9 before dinner, which was a lovely gammon steak :):hungry:
TIA
Hope your feeling better robs big hugs x

Shannon27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello FG @Fairygodmother
Nice to see your post

I am tootling along ok thanks and trust that you are tootling along ok too.

We’re all fine thanks

Little Wispa was 1 December 27th and is a beautiful loving little girlView attachment 37954

Here she is (top) at her friends (bottom) birthday party
I had to give you the hug rating, i just want to cuddle them! They are so adorable :)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
So I found the reason why my Dexcom was slightly painful and uncomfortable, I ended it 3 days early and I found a lot of blood underneath. I won’t put a libre on because I’m starting auto mode on Friday. Site change tomorrow and I’m pretty nervous but I got my bf on board so he’ll help me too.
Are you feeling positive about your new Dexcom? Is it making a difference? Or is it too early to say?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hello FG @Fairygodmother
Nice to see your post

I am tootling along ok thanks and trust that you are tootling along ok too.

We’re all fine thanks

Little Wispa was 1 December 27th and is a beautiful loving little girlView attachment 37954

Here she is (top) at her friends (bottom) birthday party
She’s still super lovely Cumbs! Glad you’re tootling along, it’s good to hear after the rough times you had.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
If we’re doing cute dog pics, here’s one of my gorgeous boy in beg mode yesterday !!
A697D01A-B84F-43E6-8BFD-B007001C4791.jpeg

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Not quite sure how he ended up sideways though :rolleyes:

Reactions: urbanracer

Shannon27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just as long as the engine didn’t stop in the fast lane
Might be worth putting in a warning at 5, saying the engine will go off in 1 minute so you need to find a safe place to pull over. It'd be interesting to try and develop!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Another lovely day making mud pies. After yesterday I cut 0.5 from daytime basal - but I forgot that that needs extra bolus for lunch. However, I was able to finish the container for fajita spludges (guacamole etc) which is now ready for biscuit firing, and put oxides on a plant pot, and myself, and my clothes without the excuse of being low. The plant pot’s a stylised head and shoulders and the eyes and nose are picked out in red oxide. I think the choice must have been a comment on the cold weather that means increased basal, and cold-narrowed blood vessels that deter all decent responses to insulin at the most inconvenient times. Looking forward to warmer days and more dilated blood vessels when insulins do their job more easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cumberland and hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Cumberland she is still one cute little dog. My own puppy is now 7 1/2 months old and weighs in at 21.5k - not looking puppyish any more, impossible to get back if she gets a scent (we're working on it!) but I'm defo in love.....as I'm sure you must be :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there a mod out there who could answer my question please about why @porl69's avatar isn't acceptable? Thanks.

Reactions: porl69