1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

How's your fort going, @MeiChanski ? Building forts seems the perfect way to spend your saturday!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Nice day out, picked up a new guitar. Bloods a bit squiffy due to not eating all day, hardly surprising I suppose. King prawn vindaloo for dinner to keep the chill out!

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone enjoy whats left of the weekend

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Gosh it’s cold!

• Hug Hug x 1
  5. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

We had a really odd thing here this morning.

When we woke, I got up to make tea, and peeped between the curtains - no frost. Hurrah! A short while later (2nd cup of tea), there was a very sharp frost in evidence.

Brrrrrrrrrr!

6. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Master
    Retired Moderator

Lol,

My mate bought Star wars memorabilia online whilst drunk, a few years ago.
    Recently my wife's colleague bought a cat??!

For clarity regarding my purchases.. (The PA gear.) I had done a fair number of weeks research & even tried similar units out at a friend's studio..

It's only the other night I got round to ordering this set up. The mixer & case has already arrived..:)
    Which is just as well I held off, because the active speakers came up as reduced in the sale.. I ended up saving nearly 150 quid on a 2.1 rig..
    All I wanted was some light weight, "bang for buck" gear.. It looked like I did the needful on the ordering before getting too hammered & left myself logged in.? :hilarious:

I'm hoping to use this new PA in anger at a gig in 2 weeks time..

When it comes to shopping for gifts. I tend to take a more traditional aproach..
    Sober & in control of a motor vehicle. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello friends, the cardboard boxes have been multiplying BG much much better today at 5.9. :)
    Unfortunately this year, I only have 25th December off. So I won’t be with my bf and my family for Christmas. Bf is off with his parents going somewhere for a few days and my parents said one day off isn’t enough time to see them. I have to post all my Christmas presents in the post soon. So I’ll be pigging out by myself on the 25th. I’ll get my night gown and red wine out. Last DAFNE session soon and 6 weeks and 4 days until first pump session.

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Master
    Retired Moderator

Wow Mei,

That seems to be a rough deal over Chrismas... That's how the "hospitality" industry rolls. Revellers over this period often take for granted the sacrifices of staff at these establishments..

Do you not have any single friends that could come round for a bit of mutual company?

What about your shift patterns over the new year..?

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone have a good day

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. LooperCat

Morning all ❤️

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Morning all :)

Great news on the pump @karen8967 once you're settled in you'll be wondering how you managed all these years :)

Whereabouts are you @MeiChanski surely we can arrange some company for you, or friends to visit ?

Very cold here, work has concrete floors so will be doing lots of moving about today, stay warm all :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

The Gloves have officially been bought out - winter has finally arrived!

A friend said yesterday they had parked in a frozen field early in the morning and then through the day it thawed out then everyone was stuck in mud trying to get out later - doah! didn't think that one through properly.......

Soar throat and bunged up - just came on last night, BGs are slightly higher than norm, to be expected but will dose accordingly. Friends & Family Libre order had apparently had delivery attempted and we'd been 'carded' - errrr nope! delivery rescheduled for today, should have put a note out to say leave it in the car port but forgot however I'm not expecting them to find us as they obviously didn't find us the other day...... (we are notoriously difficult to find though....... especially if you can't really be bother to look!)

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. slip

Libre has been delivered! Abbott called to say a neighbour had signed for it - name given confirms it was our next door neighbour - result.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. LooperCat

My spare RileyLink (widget to make my Loop work) arrived today. From California. I only ordered it on November 25th!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Afternoon all
    Well went to the docs this morning and apparently I have another chest infection! We will see!!!
    Bloods sort of behaving themselves at the mo and have even stopped the sick day basal :)

• Hug Hug x 3
  17. slip

passed the baton on to me :D

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Afternoon guys, it has been a busy few days, work, different things going on and a day out in London on Saturday too.
    An update on my eye screening last week, I received a letter from the eye doctor on Saturday ( that was quick) and I need Laser treatment in my left eye, so they will get in touch about an appointment with me asap:happy:
    I haven't been able to catch up with all the posts, so I hope everyone is doing okay.
    Started to put up my Christmas decorations today and feeling very festive :joyful:
    ❄️ ️

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Congratulations on your pump Karen, great news :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello friends,

Betes was 10.7 this morning and bf made it to work as well. He has been off sick for a while - he paid everything off and it’s the best feeling ever. With Christmas, I’m not close with anyone from work. But if you guys are planning anything and I’m not blocking your time with your loved ones, I can bring food and alcohol for a big food session. When I was at uni, I had a month off and now since working, I only get a day off. I’m not surprised tbh, my parents closed for two days when they had their business. I have a partial headache to plan my transportation to work after Christmas. It should be okay because major sales on boxing day and after new years. My dsn gave me hope that once things settle, I can get my consultant’s backing to do driving lessons and gain my independence. Anyone else stuffing their bellies with Christmas nibbles? I tried the galaxy vegan chocolate and it’s worth the outrageous £3 price tag.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook