Type 1'stars R Us

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
He was nudging me this morning to get up and feed him, this afternoon we had to say good bye - I’m absolutely gutted.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you post a while back regarding your place of works "rule" regarding footware not alowing "certain" PPE precautions?
Here is a case for wearing DMs.. Accidents do & can happen.

This was at home, I love rice

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could I ask is it normal to feel like I cannot shake off the need to use my injection pens. While pumping has been okay with a few mishaps, I feel it’s really weird to not inject. I’m always tempted to use my pens, is it a trust issue?
I’ve only used my pen once to correct an extremely high BG reading which I thought was the right thing to do while doing a site change. I shook off Tresiba with no issues but my Fiasp pen is hanging around.

Reactions: Antje77

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
He was nudging me this morning to get up and feed him, this afternoon we had to say good bye - I’m absolutely gutted.
That's rough, especially after you took such care of him not so long ago with health issues. Sending lots of hugs xxx

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You got a man hug from me.. A friend of the house lost will never be forgotten.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, I think I have 3 of those (not sure why, a case of 'stuff happens' I guess), so if I ever het bored by waiting I'll try one of those!

Naw. It probably says I'm doing it all wrong or I should do it differently. I don't want to know, I'm happy as it is :) Price tag on the back of my screen says 3 euros and 75 cents, and I've been using it for about 3 years so it already has paid itself. If you don't mind your screen isn't extra wide they're almost willing to give you money for taking it in the thrift store nowadays :)

Long ago, one after swimming, one when wearing heavy sweaty sailing clothes rubbing it constantly, one from a prying kitten while I slept, and various times I almost lost one. Putting a big patch on it means I don't need to think about losing one at all, I like that!

Should you ever have this shipwright come to replace a toilet on your ship, you will see just how useful a heat gun can be. Similarly useful for replacing engine hoses 20km offshore in a huge blow.

Great for removing old paint from external wood, before refinishing, and finishing crackling on roast pork, if the correct angulation and distance can be achieved. If not, there can be catastrophic,kitchen damage, so best done on top of the BBQ, whether lit or not.

Yea, we have a couple.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for all the hugs and best wishes, very much appreciated. Although we have a dog and 2 other cats the house seems so quiet and empty, He was a character and into everything anyone was doing and always seemed to be in 3 places at any one time. X

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for all the hugs and best wishes, very much appreciated. Although we have a dog and 2 other cats the house seems so quiet and empty, He was a character and into everything anyone was doing and always seemed to be in 3 places at any one time. X
Very sad for you slip. Losing an animal is devastating.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
A big hug @slip. It won’t fill the empty space, I know; it’s a wretched loss. We’re wrong to think feelings for an animal are any less than feelings for a human.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Must remember to take the heat gun with me tomorrow, thanks for reminding me here. It’s ace for drying the mud enough to apply biscuit fired underglazes, and to smooth finishes without the whole caboodle assuming a new, unprecedented form.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Must remember to take the heat gun with me tomorrow, thanks for reminding me here. It’s ace for drying the mud enough to apply biscuit fired underglazes, and to smooth finishes without the whole caboodle assuming a new, unprecedented form.

"Heat guns." "Unprecidated forms." Are you hunting face huggers? :nailbiting::D

image.gif