Type 1'stars R Us

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good morning guys i went to the Doctors this morning i'm now on anti depressants big fun i just hope they do what the GP said and give me a more positive outlook on things.

On the plus side though i bumped into another T1D we were both like wow nice to meet you he showed me his libre scanner so i showed him my BG meter it was a nice meet and greet if you know what i mean.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning guys i went to the Doctors this morning i'm now on anti depressants big fun i just hope they do what the GP said and give me a more positive outlook on things.

On the plus side though i bumped into another T1D we were both like wow nice to meet you he showed me his libre scanner so i showed him my BG meter it was a nice meet and greet if you know what i mean.

It is great to meet and have a chat with another T1D isn't it? Hope the tablets help, having BGs under control will also help BTW.

@slip how are doing buddy @SueJB

I'm doing OK, we're doing OK - so many moments where we expect him to be 'in your face' and he just isn't there - time will heal and the other cats are gradually filling the (big) void - he was the 'alpha' cat - and didn't he know it :wideyed:

Reactions: porl69

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, bg decidedly respectable at the moment, probably shouldn't have said that.

@chris85 type 1 hope the anti-depressants work, always nice - if rare - to meet another T1 in the wild.

@slip my only consolation at times like this is that I wouldn't have missed having whoever I've lost for anything, it was worth feeling how bad I do when they go. Sounds like he had a big personality, so a bigger hole....xxx

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Or scorpions apparently :)

Hmmmm. An interesting star sign.. though I feel you're more on the "cusp" with Virgo & Libra the sensor? ;)

image.jpeg

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Could I ask is it normal to feel like I cannot shake off the need to use my injection pens. While pumping has been okay with a few mishaps, I feel it’s really weird to not inject. I’m always tempted to use my pens, is it a trust issue?
I’ve only used my pen once to correct an extremely high BG reading which I thought was the right thing to do while doing a site change. I shook off Tresiba with no issues but my Fiasp pen is hanging around.

I can understand your feeling with the pens. After 48 years of jabbing myself it was REALLY difficult not to take my long acting before bed....it faded after around 2 weeks

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can understand your feeling with the pens. After 48 years of jabbing myself it was REALLY difficult not to take my long acting before bed....it faded after around 2 weeks

A little like driving an automatic, after a manual box for years... That left leg with nothing to do. ;)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Ooooo....forgot to say "morning"....DOH! Afternoon!!! :)

Bloods are all fine and dandy today and over the weekend.

@slip sending belated (((HUGS))) your way mate

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I left a message for my diabetes team and one of the nurses said I should give it a few weeks because I’m a new pumper. If things don’t improve, she’ll consider another set.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah ha! I found the reason why, I placed my mio on my upper abdomen and it lacks fat there. I can’t pinch an inch there. No wonder I’m in pain