1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Thought I might have over bolus Ed for the work Christmas lunch but came in at 4.7 so all is well.

• Winner Winner x 5
  2. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I’m with the females. My group are a bit more mature so I’m the only one with it.

3. MeiChanski

My bf has 4 Christmas dinners, actually make that 5 because he is going to have one with me. A bit of a hypo party today so lots of biscuits. My period is enjoying the sugar overload. I had a lovely vegan burger for DAFNE group lunch. Why can’t we get the same cheese they use on vegan pizzas and burgers Vegan cheese that I’ve bought previously was a bit weird and it melts weird. I think ya girl is going to be hooked up to a CGM next week.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. LooperCat

LooperCat Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Stinking cold, so drinking wine and playing Spotify roulette with husbeast before crashing.

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. therower

therower Type 1 · BANNED

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone FB_IMG_1563172581381.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning all. Had a small argument with the nurse who puts the ey drops in yesterday! I am totally blind in my left eye BUT she insisted that I have drops put in that eye. I refused as there is no need! Needless to say I won that one...... @therower xmas lights were AWESOME after :):)

• Like Like x 4
  8. LooperCat

Morning chaps. On a late shift tonight so have only just got up. Will have a nice big bowl of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for brunch (no idea what to call meals any more. I eat before I leave, unless it’s dayshift when I don’t, and at some point during the shift. Tomorrow’s lunch will be in the small hours...) before I leave today and have the remains of last night’s fish curry for whenever my meal break happens tonight. Probably about 2300. Foot on the floor just kicked in, so I’m hoping I’ve nailed that before it gets silly. Love to you all ❤️

• Like Like x 4
  9. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Thank you :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@Robinredbreast I'm sure that avatar picture was on a christmas card from about 1983 :D

Looking at last nights graph you'd think I forgot my 2nd split dose (spag bol) - but I didn't and thought I'd timed it well, at least it wasn't Everest. Lets see what left over 'Bol' and bread do.:shifty:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Robinredbreast

You could be right lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Robinredbreast

Good afternoon everyone just popped in to say hello and now I'm afraid I must surely go ............I hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend :):joyful:

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. MeiChanski

Hello friends,
    Therapy session went well and my new phone arrived My bf was having a lot of fun creating emojis of us. His emoji looks exactly like him diabetes was good this morning at 8.2 and now settling at 5.6 :)

• Like Like x 3
  14. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Morning everyone have a good weekend

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Diakat

Staff Member

10.8 this morning. Can’t think why.
    Husband and child gone tree shopping.

• Hug Hug x 2
  16. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Morning - the experimental basal timing experiment continues. I'd been doing the morning at 8.15 a.m., when I got to work, which was mostly fine... except chaos was already brewing when I arrived yesterday morning, I launched into whirlwind Japes sort it all out mode, and I clean forgot.

So, when I realised at 6.00 p.m. (yes, it really was that kind of day and thank you Echo pen for solving the mystery of higher than usual figures for a very normal day's meals) and stopped being cross, but impressed I'd been active enough to cover up, I decided it was time for experiment 2 - revert to basal at 6.00 a.m. but change evening basal from 10.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.

So far, so good.

Planning on being as utterly anti-social as possible this weekend! I have no need to go to any shops, we're doing way too much Christmas stuff at work, have been for weeks, will be doing so for another fortnight and, as a result, my tolerance level for Christmas music has hit rock bottom. Maybe I need to follow the example of some of my students and wear ear defenders at all times...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  17. LooperCat

Morning chaps. Nothing to see here, just checking in. Did get a nice gangrenous diabetic foot last night though. It’s probably no longer attached to it’s owner. :D

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. MeiChanski

Hello friends,

I had a bit of a lazy day, diabetes at 9.6 and my insulin was delivered this morning - the ice pack that it was in was partially frozen (1-2 panels solid crumbles of ice) and the rest wasn’t frozen, so I’m wondering if my insulin is okay.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Greetings fellow pumpers and prickers, hope you are all having a good if maybe slightly damp day.

Finally had to call Abbot as the Libre I was using was wildly out. It was great for my Libre figures as i was showing as running between 3.1 and 5.2 for almost 24 hours. Final straw was a reading of 3.4 on Libre and steady and a blood test of 7.4, so more than 100% out

Phoned Abbot and they are sending out a new one

Gangrenous diabetic foot:wtf::wtf: that sounds horrible

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Diakat

Staff Member

Eeeeeuw.

• Agree Agree x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook