1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Hugs x

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Morning guys. In A&E since 5.30am,seen nurse and still waiting to see a Dr about changed to my right eye since yesterday I rang DSN yesterday and was told eye dept was full!!!
    Right eye was distotedr thus morning in colour, shapeand size feel s likes a lot more fluid build up and small float in NG black spots.
    Getting abit worried. More people arriving now

• Hug Hug x 10
  3. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Oh heck, @Robinredbreast - that must be very alarming for you. I'm sure you're in the right place to get whatever help is deemed necessary.

Fingers crossed for you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. karen8967

Good morning everyone have a good day

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. karen8967

Hope all turns out well robs xx

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

@Robinredbreast I'm so sorry to hear that, scary stuff. I hope you are okay and are well soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@Robinredbreast wishing you all the best.

So last night went like this:

Started out in range and nice and level, starter was basically carb free, then did jab just as main course arrived (steak and chips), assessed carb and knowing we were going to have pudding slightly over bolused to get ahead of the sugar rush pudding, stayed level, pudding came (salted caramel sundae - and it was good!) still level, still level when we got home, and then had a bit of a drop just before walking the dog (normally that would spell disaster) however stayed level whilst walking the dog, come bed time still level on a 6.9 - all too good to be true! Just couldn't bring myself to do a jab for the possible impending rise. I normally wake at some point in the night and do a scan but being comfortable full and contented I didn't so woke this morning with a steady rise all through the night to a 18! Correction made, waited as long as poss for breakfast and now at work on a declining 8.7.

:rolleyes:

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sending love, hugs and all the best wishes ❤️❤️❤️

Not much going on here. I have three impending late and night shifts so have spent my rest day batch cooking meals I can take to work and just shove one the microwave when I get home. Work meals are roasted veg (broccoli, aubergine, courgette & sprouts for a seasonal touch) with a topping of fried vegan pulled “pork” (made of mushrooms), mushrooms and black olives. And a massive vegan cottage pie with a swede mash topping for when I get home.

Spent the intervening time yesterday playing with my vinyl cutting machine and making entirely too many stickers to label my stuff. I fiddled on the computer with the maker’s mark I have stamped onto my silver jewellery by the London Assay Office to make it into a little logo containing my initials, and made some in various sizes to use. Plus some band logo ones for my laptop and car :D

D has been running ok, considering it’s full time shift work. Dexcom has me around 90%+ in range, which equates to a predicted HbA1c of 36 - we shall see if that’s accurate when I go for the lie detector in a couple of weeks. I’ll be happy if it comes in under 42, tbh. I’m having to turn my loop down by 10-30% when I’m on shift, and fiddle with it a bit when I’m working, but as I can do that on my watch, it doesn’t disrupt things too much. I’ve been having to take slightly more glucose tablets than I’d like, so will experiment with a -40% override tonight.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Some more crossed fingers making their way to you, @Robinredbreast , and a hug.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed and sending good vibes @Robinredbreast you are in the right place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Justin04

Justin04 · Active Member

Evening guys and gals. Been on the exercise wagon for the last couple weeks (not that I need it with our manual labor regime out here) but thought I should have a go coming into Xmas. Low low low. Talked to the educator in the city where I go, she suggested temp basaling to 70%. After a week I was down to 20%. Temp-ing an hour before and I’m still at bsl of around 3.0 after a 5km run. Does anyone just suspend delivery totally while exercising?On the up side the weather man says the rain is coming before Xmas. Here’s hoping he’s right. Barron plains here at the moment, we’re sick of choking on dust while we’re feeding.... every day is a new one. Take care all.

• Like Like x 2
    #25312 Justin04, Dec 10, 2019 at 12:49 PM
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  13. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sending you lots of hugs! I hope things turn out okay!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. karen8967

This time tomorrow il be a pumper

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Happy pumping!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. therower

therower Type 1 · BANNED

@Robinredbreast . So sorry to hear you’re not well. Hopefully by the time you get this message you’ll be a bit wiser as to what the problem is.
    Sending big hugs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Master
    Retired Moderator

Hi,

Sending you the very best of wishes..

Easy to say, but try to relax.

19. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Master
    Retired Moderator

"Interesting" conversation today with a colleague regarding Transit vans & a diabetic cycling team.. (He'd read about?)
    Neither of which he's ever driven let alone owned, or is... Though he is a keen cyclist.
    He's never worn a monitor either. Lol, shall I go on...?

I had a bit of a lecture about "pushing my diabetes to the limits." This guy was starting to clearly do that...

"How often do you test a day with the jab?" He enquired. "8 to 10 times a day.."
    "Ah well they had these monitors & gadgets reading them on the handle bars.."

"Similar to this?" Flashing the Libre, Yep I use my phone as a scanner..
    I didn't catch the rest of the waffle I was starting to plateau..

"Please stop mate. You wouldn't want me telling you intimate carnal knowledge of yer wife?"

But he wouldn't..

But I've learned so much now...
    If it wasn't for these guys pushing the pedals I wouldn't have the tech I wear to stop me feeling woozy when standing up & needing more insulin..!

By all accounts, he is a keen cyclist.. & I'm a van driver.. I don't know his wife. But I pity her..

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. karen8967

Thankyou x

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook