MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 38184

Here is little Wispa having a lie in

Hope this photo is ok I don’t want to offend anyone

I have a pet Tarantula called Tara she’s cute I don’t want to pose her with Wispa because I think Wispa might eat her

Oh wispa looks comfy. I’m so jealous that wispa is so nicely tucked in like a doggo burrito

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Cumberland she's gorgeous.
Have had ongoing problems with sore areas on my fingers since December. One got infected, so prescribed different cream which worked well. Since then got more sore and itchy areas, which cream wouldn't heal, so today got nurse appointment, she called dr in who said I've got severe chilblains!! Got to go for blood tests, and waiting for cream which had to be ordered in as expensive.

Reactions: Cumberland

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 38184

I have a pet Tarantula called Tara she’s cute I don’t want to pose her with Wispa because I think Wispa might eat her
Wispa is just adorable; found I was saying Awwwww out loud when I saw your pic...

Reactions: Cumberland

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 38184

Wispa is just adorable. Found myself saying Awwwww out loud when I saw your pic....

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
just been to collect my prescription and was advised that the Libre had just arrived an hour earlier, so looks like I have won a watch:)

and then I go and spoil it all.... bumped into the door frame tonight ( i was sober) and knocked the sensor off my arm. Still it only had 4 days to go so not too much of a drama

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I ordered two Libres last Wednesday, expecting delivery Sat
It nearly a week & not even a peep, not a red card missed postie
That's that.
Now I've 2 days to go with this sensor & I've finger prick stuff to fall back
It could actually be worse if the insulin went first.
I'd be watching a vertical graph....

Keeping everything crossed that the holy grail of glucose measurement will be delivered to us in the not too distant future...

https://newatlas.com/medical/non-invasive-machine-blood-glucose/

.....and not by Parcelforce either.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Keeping everything crossed that the holy grail of glucose measurement will be delivered to us in the not too distant future...

https://newatlas.com/medical/non-invasive-machine-blood-glucose/

.....and not by Parcelforce either.

Nice find..! :cool:
Currently the size of a printer. Though, looks something like you'd find in an engineering workshop. I'm liking it's style.
You know my train of thought.. :D I can't quite see it essentially fitted to a car dashboard & integrated with an imobilizer.. (Just yet.)
Lol, it could go in the boot? ;)

Reactions: urbanracer

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, @smc4761 I'll see your 5.1 and raise (drop) you my 4.3. Been up for two hours, had breakfast, now 4.2. I actually think I need to reduce my evening Lantus as I'm waking too close for comfort and sometimes slightly under 4. This is new over the past few weeks; who knows why? Answers on a postcard please....

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@hh1 I'll raise (drop) your.........oh heck! well actually I was 2.7 at 3am this morning, 5.1 at pre-bolus time and 4.6 at breakfast.

But I'm also finding my evening basal seems a tad too much at the mo, when I know the answer I will send you a postcard!

Edited to add: I think you guys have come up with a new game - BG Poker! or is that BG Pricker??!