Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Why do I hit 3.6 at bedtime when it’s been high all day?

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Don't you love that, BG's look perfect for bed all evening, climb into bed and check and they drop just as you are getting into bed. Annoying! I had to lower my basal rate a couple of hours before bedtime after it happened quite a few nights in a row. One of those unknown reasons my body decided it needed change!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A 5.2 on waking whoop! Got the units in quick before I started the usual quick rise upwards. Am having a mad busy week. Something to be up early for each day this week. Determined on Saturday that that alarm will not ring at 6am. Retired-somebody’s having a laugh!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
5.4 on waking, and the first ever 100% in range. Admittedly it’s calculated over 12 hours, but I reckon it’s been in range longer than 12 hours, ever hopeful. What can go wrong?
Have a happy Thursday everyone, hope you all stay in the fabulous fives.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Bored now - gone from low morning bgs to 8.8 today after correcting at bedtime for a 12.8 (admittedly after homemade lasagne but I did dose for it, and spent most of the evening on my feet doing one thing or another). Let's see what the ride's like on the roller coaster today. Oh, but good news - Libre sensors are at the pharmacy, I'll be picking up today!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning! 5.7 (again!) on waking. Usual breakfast, usual insulin minus foot on floor dose. All ready for usual walk to work and what pops up at just the wrong moment 3/4 of the way in? 3.7.

Now on the bus for all of 3 stops with a grouchy driver who is known for complaining at people who do short journeys. I will point out I pay the monthly DD I will use it as suits me.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A bit low again this morning - 3.8 but I'm fine with it. Anyone care to raise me??!

Reactions: Cumberland

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning. Well my never ending run of 7s yesterday crashed and burned after tea last night. Had a ready meal (NO booing) asI was bowling (I bowl in a league on a Wednesday night), it said 34 g carbs on the box, put that into my pump which calculated 1.8u. First game went fine then on the second game my alarms were going off, I couldnt see the pins and couldnt walk properly. It took half a pint of normal coke and half a packet of jelly babies to sort WOW. AND had my lowest score in 4 years of bowling lol

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, your girl is happy, no demonic beep and I’m on 7.9. But I have to do another basal test tonight and tomorrow. But first basal test is a success.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I used to love bowling and was in 3 leagues a week. But then the bowling alley I went to closed and the next closest one had their starting times too early with my work schedule. And on the weekends no leagues. I tried getting off early one day a week but had to rush at work and it made it not as fun. So stopped:grumpy: Years ago now.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I used to love bowling and was in 3 leagues a week. But then the bowling alley I went to closed and the next closest one had their starting times too early with my work schedule. And on the weekends no leagues. I tried getting off early one day a week but had to rush at work and it made it not as fun. So stopped:grumpy:

The centre I go to has changed changed their lanes to pins on strings! A lot quieter and quicker to reset the pins BUT the pins don't really react the same as free fall pins. 2 of us have knocked the pins off the string as well, which is very amusing seeing the tec re-thread it and tie a granny knot back into it :hilarious:

Edited to add.....BUT pins on strings are better than no pins at all!!

Reactions: hh1 and Cumberland

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Just broken the run of in range wonder: 9.3, grrrrr. Could be worse.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Gave in this afternoon and tucked into the emergency 250g peanut M&M supply in my bottom drawer, now trying to get my BG levels back down into single numbers, that'll teach me :banghead: