1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

@ert - Oh boy. That's a brave, brave post you've made there. I hope you can find a way to share with your team, soon, as I think your statement is a bit of a genie in the bottle.

Look after yourself. I imagine you might be feeling really quite emotional at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

The kittens are very brave and very lovely, and very funny too.

And I'm very tired of crying all the time in anticipation of having Old Dog put down next thursday. Struggling with the decision and doubting it. I could postpone for a bit, but I think it's better to say goodbye before things get really bad. My emotions don't seem to care about what I think. It makes me very tired.

Throw in the laughing and happiness that comes with 2 crazy kittens, plus the fact there is still the small possibility the owner of the kittens will show up, and imagine the ridiculous emotional roller-coaster I've boarded.

I want a break and I want half a family sized bag of crisps. I don't even mind that it would mess up my diabetes as a principle, but I'm sure I'll still be annoyed with it when it happens. Stupid, isn't it.

• Hug Hug x 7
  3. ert

ert Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry to hear your sad news. Tomorrow is the first anniversary of losing my beloved labrador. I was the hardest thing, having to say goodbye to her. I've been watching old film footage of her tonight. I hope your Old Dog isn't suffering too much. You will know when the time is right.

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Watching that footage must've been sad and happy at the same time, have a hug from me.
    Old Dog isn't suffering very much at the moment (or I would have drove off to the vet right now), but his brain is deteriorating fast now, his legs are wobbly but he forgets and jumps the last 6 steps from the stairs, ending in a belly landing daily. Almost blind and as good as deaf too. Can't remember where the front door is anymore.

Still, he sleeps snugly against me and usually reaches the garden in time when he needs to pee.

I think now is the best moment, before things turn really ugly.

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello friends,
    Diabetes was better tonight, safe sailing 5.0-6.5 during work and when I got home.
    Work was okay tonight, guests all loved me and left me cash tips which I couldn’t keep. I will continue working hard to at least try and keep my job for a couple of months after Christmas so that buys me some time for another job interview or until I find another opportunity. Also to have some money saved up for university next year. But I have a hunch that manager doesn’t want me around much longer because she keeps walking around my section tonight like a hawk making sure I’m doing everything that she has bickered me about, and that I’m giving the guests everything they want. You might ask how do you know she hasn’t spied on other people’s section. Well she walks from the reception to my section and walks back. That’s all she has been doing tonight. So me keeping my job after Christmas might not happen, so I’ll prepare myself for the worst.

• Hug Hug x 4
  6. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

@MeiChanski what happens to your tips? Sounds as though she is either at best micromanaging or, at worst, harassing you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Fairygodmother

Blimey it feels cold tonight - we both forgot to keep an eye on the fire which is now dead. I was busy ruining fingers and nails making a pomander ball and himindoors was cooking a stew. He crammed it with root veg, very seasonal, so expecting a bit of correcting later tonight.
    Antje700, the kittens look too gorgeous to be true, so hope you get to keep them.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  13. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Good morning FG :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Robinredbreast

Hi FG, a break from certain things can be a big help, so it's lovely to see you again x:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Robinredbreast

It's my last week of term too and I hope it will continue into next year, but it will be a wait and see.
    Have good one :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Robinredbreast

Good morning guys, bloods good before bed, but at 12.2 when I awoke :rolleyes:
    I had a lovely weekend, especially dinner out with daughter, her boyfriend and his parents and sister, lovely people and I had a Baileys coffee at the end, ( it was delicious :happy:) just to warm me up before going outside in the atrocious weather lol ;)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Fairygodmother

Good morning Robinredbreast. I’ve known worse than a 12.2, was the Baileys worth it? There are three jars of plum brandy hiding at the back of the larder. I made them up when we had a surplus of plums summer before last and I’m stocking up the extra doses before I decant them

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone enjoy your day

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Fairygodmother

Good morning pumper Karen (envy envy)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, had mother in law staying with us as she had her second cataract done and also had a 'christmas day' for the sister and brother in law before they shoot off for the skiing season. Bloods were as expected, although the Libre helped with all the corrections needed. Oh and the wifes new to us car which we've had for just over 2 months has come up with a series of dash warning and so had to take that into the garage this morning - totally threw my routine out.

Kittens are cute antje!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook