Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You guys talk about being tidy. I tidied up all my pump supplies and then I realised once I get my 3 months sensors supply, I have nowhere to put them. So I gave up and took down my current supplies and it’s splashed all over the floor.

Reactions: hh1 and Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
You guys talk about being tidy. I tidied up all my pump supplies and then I realised once I get my 3 months sensors supply, I have nowhere to put them. So I gave up and took down my current supplies and it’s splashed all over the floor.

I can go one better than that

My sharps box spilled all over the floor last weekend

Almost full too and only a few needles left inside

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MeiChanski

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, up on a 7.2, done the round of the medical caches, all drugged up and ready for the day! Enjoy your Saturday.

Reactions: karen8967

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And she has a shelf in a fridge!!!!:playful::playful::playful:

I can only aspire to having a proper shelf in my fridge that isn't made of glass..

....& possibly a window in the door that tells me the light has gone out.

Reactions: Marie 2

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I have a cupboard and the "butter" shelf in the fridge. We needed a new fridge a few years ago and I was looking inside them with a box on Novosluggish pens to measure up the butter holding bits OR as it is known now the Vial storage :)
My vials snuggle up to the lettuce and ginger in the salad box

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Anyway, morning all.
I had a shower in a warm bathroom and a fluffy warm towel. Magic technology
BG is a bit of a beast though. Off now to buy a dust pan and brush to replace the ones the men inadvertently took away with them. Don't care though, the house is warm

Reactions: Marie 2 and Japes

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyway, morning all.
I had a shower in a warm bathroom and a fluffy warm towel. Magic technology
BG is a bit of a beast though. Off now to buy a dust pan and brush to replace the ones the men inadvertently took away with them. Don't care though, the house is warm

Hi @SueJB how did it take them so long to complete. I thought that maybe 2 or 3 days at most. Glad you have your heating back

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Continuing the waking up in the 5s trend. I dare say it won't last long but I'll take it as a win for now. Clearly two afternoons a week in the workplace gym encouraging students by me using the equipment alongside them (eek!!) and what has now become a whole afternoon of judo is doing something.....

Off out walking and thinking. Well not thinking too much - my brain is frazzled and incapable of much in the way coherent thought right now. But walking's a good defrazzling strategy.

Reactions: porl69 and Marie 2

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A busy afternoon. Last year I was asked if I could help replace the basketball back boards at my grandkids school.
I obliged and made 4 new boards and fitted them all gratis. :):).
Well recently an ofsted inspection took place and the new boards passed. Unfortunately another free standing basketball net failed and had to be removed from the play area.
So that’s why I’ve been having a busy afternoon. All cut to size, fitting holes drilled, sealer applied and all ready for painting over the next few days.
Anyone else been making basketball back boards?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A busy afternoon. Last year I was asked if I could help replace the basketball back boards at my grandkids school.
I obliged and made 4 new boards and fitted them all gratis. :):).
Well recently an ofsted inspection took place and the new boards passed. Unfortunately another free standing basketball net failed and had to be removed from the play area.
So that’s why I’ve been having a busy afternoon. All cut to size, fitting holes drilled, sealer applied and all ready for painting over the next few days.
Anyone else been making basketball back boards?

Nope, but there does seem to be a fundamental difference between a Netball hoop set up & basketball...? (As well as the rules.)
I wouldn't wish you to get mobbed by angry youngsters with lacrosse sticks..? :nailbiting:;)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, BG was quite good today but unfortunately my sensor popped off New sensor was a bleeder and quite painful

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, woke up to a 6.4, that'll do thank you!

@therower well done you! I won't be doing anything like that this weekend; after a day of jet washing the path round the back of the house so I don't slip over (it had become lethal) and tidying and hoovering (eugh!) I went to a lantern parade in Shepton Mallet last night. They've been doing it for 10 years and I've never been before. Some amazing lanterns, including a huge ram (because of Shepton's connection to sheep) that was a work of art, carried by four people, which all went on a wonderful parade around the park, with a fantastic samba drumming band as part of the whole thing. Only problem was it was really cold, lots of stamping of feet and rubbing of hands. But worth it!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi @SueJB how did it take them so long to complete. I thought that maybe 2 or 3 days at most. Glad you have your heating back
They haven't finished yet and are coming in Mon to wire the boiler.
It's taken so long because a new boiler was installed so drilling thru the wall for the flue, pipes, removing the immersion heater and a whole load of pipes as well as taking out the old boiler which was behind the fire and taking the fire out too. A very big job that's going to cost oodles............. but I've got warm towels, heat and hot water.
BG still beastly

Last edited:
Reactions: porl69