Type 1'stars R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Why do I hit 3.6 at bedtime when it’s been high all day?
Because diabetes likes to annoy you, especially right before bed, same as with @Marie 2 .
Gave in this afternoon and tucked into the emergency 250g peanut M&M supply in my bottom drawer, now trying to get my BG levels back down into single numbers, that'll teach me :banghead:
They must've tasted wonderful though!

Reactions: hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I go to the pharmacy, pick up my prescription, rush out as I could see someone blocking me in in the car park, get home and hello? not 2 sensors, just 1? Phone the pharmacy, because of the shortages they're dispensing singly until supplies regularise, and in date order. Fair enough; however, they tell me to order my next two now as the delays are currently up to 3 weeks. Hmph. And again.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, and that one sensor was over 3 weeks after I sent in the repeat prescription; I was lucky that I'd hoarded a spare or I'd have been without. Funny how quickly I've gotten dependent on them.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Feeling very lucky, put prescription for Libre into Gp Tuesday and they were in my chemist today. Now residing in my medical drawer.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@becca59 . Oh how I envy you.
A medical drawer.:):):).
I had a medical drawer once. Moved house and now I’ve got a medical cupboard. No where near as good as a drawer.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@becca59 . Oh how I envy you.
A medical drawer.:):):).
I had a medical drawer once. Moved house and now I’ve got a medical cupboard. No where near as good as a drawer.

You got a cupboard??!!

I can only dream of having a cupboard..
I keep my non insulin supplies in an A4 sized wicker shoe box style container. Normally used for office paperwork.

image.jpeg

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You got a cupboard??!!

I can only dream of having a cupboard..
I keep my non insulin supplies in an A4 sized wicker shoe box style container. Normally used for office paperwork.

View attachment 38257

A cupboard. You are lucky, I keep mine in a tatty old envelope at back of chair. Young folks nowadays dont know how lucky they are

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all.

Off to see if I have a repentant Young Vampire this morning. Riot Act had to be read yesterday after a week of serious boundary pushing and trying to hide the meter/lie about the number after the test. I'm the one who gets this job when it's diabetes-related Riot Act reading as apparently I have a better way of getting the concepts over... Other staff know the routines and the numbers, but not the reality of the lived life, but I just know is the theory!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Feeling very lucky, put prescription for Libre into Gp Tuesday and they were in my chemist today. Now residing in my medical drawer.

@becca59 I have a medicine box in my medical drawer. don't want a cupboard

Reactions: Marie 2

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, Madam BG has decided we're OK 3.8
The men are in for their penultimate day. We have no heating, that's 7 weeks without and since they left yesterday, no hot water.
I've promised them sausage sarnies for lunch but know they're going to turn off the electricity at some point. Hope it'll encourage them to work faster. Mr B and me might have to decamp to the pub
Have a lovely end to the week, tomorrow's white rabbit day and the sad part is we'll no longer be in Europe

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, sensored up - not censored! And a good steady start to the day and over night.

I thought you guys were going to keep the 'you've got a cupboard!?' scenario going for a bit then, I have a wicker basket in a cupboard and a drawer..........:wideyed:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I have a shelf in a cupboard! My BG’s really decided to take a tumble after my exercise, Hopefully they mind themselves tonight. Last night they decided to rise about 4 am . Just even keel please!

Reactions: hh1

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, sensored up - not censored! And a good steady start to the day and over night.

I thought you guys were going to keep the 'you've got a cupboard!?' scenario going for a bit then, I have a wicker basket in a cupboard and a drawer..........:wideyed:
WICKER BASKET:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:????????? Now you’re really upping the anti.