Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello again,

Work wasn’t too bad, unfortunately not busy because of the Coronavirus fear. My team said I was a fast learner, I picked up things quite quickly. I quite like it so far because I’m not too far from home (15 min walk) and they have a late night taxi service to take work colleagues home. Tomorrow night might be a bit more busy, we got 120 guests coming in for a party. I got a bit of a reaction from removing my sensor, skin is a bit red and raw but pump was behaving at work. My patience is running thin with auto mode though, it’s not doing its magic :(

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Sooooo,
I had four letters today trying to tell me an appointment (2 appointments on consecutive days next week booked a while back.) has now been deferred to the following week..

The time & date for the new appointment set on these letters was the same, but in two different hospitals about 12 miles apart.

All this to get my basal changed & hopefully a Libre on script.

Somebody was having a bad day in admin.? :banghead:

Took a phone call & a long wait in a que to sort it out. Let's hope I don't get a "no show" against my name on the 17th.
Because I will be somewhere...

I don't get this grief from the ophthalmologist.

So it's not just ME having these problems. Actually you just reminded me that I still haven't received a reschedule of my unexpected cancellation from last week. Must get on to that.

Reactions: porl69

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning! Frosty and foggy again but off to swim fit. Need to get some exercise in ready for Friday meal and wine.

Reactions: kev-w and SueJB

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1573807914936.jpg

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, no 5 badge for me today........a 3 is more appropriate. Woke in the wee hours and scanned 3.2, had a couple of glucotabs and went back to sleep, woke again a couple of hours later to 3.8, rolled over and back to sleep, got up usual time and was still 3.8, I can live with that, just annoying that I had dropped my night time basal a unit as I knew I was going to drop slowly over night. Pizza tonight so will be totally different tomorrow morning!

@SueJB having cramp can be really painful especially at night - I use to have the odd bout. Is it an old wives tale about lack of salt?

Reactions: hh1 and porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Moaning all....
I used to get horrendous cramps in the front of my legs....curled back toes as well. The Dr put me on Creatine tablets and after a few days they went. I do get them every now and again BUT so glad its not a regular thing!

I gotta 5 badge today :) BUT want an 8 badge to comply with what my DSN is after for me to regain some hypo awareness

Reactions: hh1 and karen8967

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Bore da chaps, nightshift cut short last night when I went down with D&V, probably picked up from a somewhat “leaky” patient the night before. Radioed Control, who stood us down from the job we were en route to, and headed back to base so I could go home. There is a bit of a hill leading down to our station, and our brakes failed. On a corner. So that gave the rest of the crew the squits :inpain: I’m grounded for at least 72 hours, I feel some Netflix and knitting coming on. No exams or assignments to do, which feels a little odd. BG tidy enough, steady in the 4s and 5s.

Reactions: Clivethedrive

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It’s an occupational hazard, I’m using it as reading time, and my hours still get signed off. Everyone is very understanding because it’s an inevitable part of the job, dealing with sick people in a confined space. My Loop is keeping my sugars steady for now, but I’m keeping a close eye on things. 5.2 and smooth...

Edited by moderator for language

Last edited by a moderator:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Spat my tea over the keyboard when I read that :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Edited by moderator to remove quoted expletive

Last edited by a moderator:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon guys and wishing you a Happy Friday.
BG very good last night, very good this morning and at lunchtime too, it 4.0, so:happy:
Take care and stay safe x

Reactions: hh1 and kev-w

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, no 5 badge for me today........a 3 is more appropriate. Woke in the wee hours and scanned 3.2, had a couple of glucotabs and went back to sleep, woke again a couple of hours later to 3.8, rolled over and back to sleep, got up usual time and was still 3.8, I can live with that, just annoying that I had dropped my night time basal a unit as I knew I was going to drop slowly over night. Pizza tonight so will be totally different tomorrow morning!

@SueJB having cramp can be really painful especially at night - I use to have the odd bout. Is it an old wives tale about lack of salt?
@slip defo not a lack of salt as my go to nibble is porky scratchings. No badge for me either.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Moaning all....
I used to get horrendous cramps in the front of my legs....curled back toes as well. The Dr put me on Creatine tablets and after a few days they went. I do get them every now and again BUT so glad its not a regular thing!

I gotta 5 badge today :) BUT want an 8 badge to comply with what my DSN is after for me to regain some hypo awareness
@porl69 I'm thinking about buying a range of badges so I can do little sums with them

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
So they had toilet paper at the store and paper towels lol....................but out of kleenex. No mad mobs here, but you can tell people are buying extra of things. We have too. Our state has said everyone should be stocked for a couple of weeks worth, which we always are. But it's better everyone stocks up now before anyone is sick and out and about. Everyone is supposed to have it on hand anyways in case we ever get a hurricane.

But California.....................

A little madness in California...............
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pandemonium-virus-panic-buying-hits-los-angeles-012143778.html