Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning and wishing you a very Happy Saturday:)
Awoke on 7.0 this morning, so a great start to the weekend. No work today and I think may go out in the back garden and tidy up yet more leaves, twigs and branches :rolleyes: good exercise though :)
Take care x

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all. Still beleaguered with the stomach bug, which is a pain in the bum. Literally. Sugars ok, thank Loop for that! Won’t be venturing far...

Reactions: karen8967

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, keep running high but a long time after eating. Not eating differently so having trouble figuring this one out......

Hope you all have a good weekend

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning and wishing you a very Happy Saturday:)
Awoke on 7.0 this morning, so a great start to the weekend. No work today and I think may go out in the back garden and tidy up yet more leaves, twigs and branches :rolleyes: good exercise though :)
Take care x

Spent some time in the garden over the last few days. Good for the soul!

Reactions: porl69

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@slip defo not a lack of salt as my go to nibble is porky scratchings. No badge for me either.

David Johns in the covered market by chance? If not you should try them from there - the best ever!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Decided the world has gone totally mad out there and retreated home after a couple of hours to attend to the hedge which is my responsibility and the over-grown ivy which is not, but which is across the alleyway from my hedge and I'm fed up of getting battered by it when I go past.

Luckily, the neighbours who are irritated by my slow but safe method of dealing with my hedge and tree are not around today. They offer their power tools with the best of intentions, but I rather enjoy the exercise my way gives.

Rose22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Spent some time in the garden over the last few days. Good for the soul!
Blast of fresh air and tidying up or transforming a patch of the garden does wonders...especially if I can rope the kids in for a bit too! But I find it lowers my bs fast... if I’m doing actual gardening that is, rather than sitting in a sunny spot with a cuppa. Usually have to stop and go in and munch something to feel ok again.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @karen8967 and @Marie 2, and welcome @rose 22. I agree, gardening can do that for me sometimes, but it entirely depends what I'm doing. Hand weeding, no, hedge-cutting yes!

Rose22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone enjoy whats left of the weekend
Good morning, you too! Had pouring rain, now suns out and birds are chirping.
I have had a reading of 5.9 before breakfast! That’s my first in range morning reading so far this year, yes!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, you too! Had pouring rain, now suns out and birds are chirping.
I have had a reading of 5.9 before breakfast! That’s my first in range morning reading so far this year, yes!
welcome to this thread rose :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, woke stupidly high again, not figured this one out yet. Still, it was a lovely sunny morning, walked with a friend and our dogs, sadly clouded over now and the rain's started intermittently. Time for some indoor tidying...:grumpy: hope your Sunday's more exciting!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Managed to cut the grass yesterday and been out gardening today but just had to come in due to heavy rain, @Rose22 I find mowing drops me faster and harder than any other type of gardening. - Oh and welcome!

BGs been good so far this weekend.

was due to go to north Italy end of may.........fingers crossed it’s all blown over and under control by then but looking for alternative just in case, where would you suggest? Ourgate? :rolleyes:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Managed to cut the grass yesterday and been out gardening today but just had to come in due to heavy rain, @Rose22 I find mowing drops me faster and harder than any other type of gardening. - Oh and welcome!

BGs been good so far this weekend.

was due to go to north Italy end of may.........fingers crossed it’s all blown over and under control by then but looking for alternative just in case, where would you suggest? Ourgate? :rolleyes:
@slip I haven't got a lawn, too many trees, too much shade. Love gardening
On the downside, I don't think the virus will be sorted by the end of May unfortunately. I loved Hungary
@LooperCat glad to hear you're on the mend. Have you changed your eating habits?

Reactions: slip