Type 1'stars R Us

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I still don't know what to make of it all tbh, I'm not going out of my way to catch it but haven't isolated either, I'm searching the small ads for kettlebells and have got some parts to fit on my car and a house to decorate (minus the kitchen as I've done it), I can't now go to Amsterdam for my birthday but my bloods will thank me for that, you've got to stay positive or as I like to say 'why borrow trouble' so am keeping on top of my bloods and pottering along as always.

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening all - another bonkers news day, I can’t believe how our world has changed in just one week. We went swimming this morning, we were the only people in the pool so social distancing was easy, but it looks like it will be the last time for a while based on tonight’s announcement. Shame as I thought it was one of the safer places due to all the chlorine. I’ll need to find other ways to tire out a 3 year old...

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Let's keep it here then :) Sounds good to me!

Not much to report here, family of key workers and a sixth form student. Oz could go into school but is choosing to work from home remotely, luckily he's an introverted antisocial type, so is quite looking forward to an excuse not to go out. We're having regular MH checks with each other. My own approach is to be a little excited about potentially getting out there to help, and soon. Excitement and fear are exactly the same physiological response - adrenaline (short term stress hormone) and cortisol (long term stress hormone) get us ready for the flight/flight/freeze/fornicate response. So I'm directing myself to fight rather than freeze, as that can lead me down a dark path mentally. You can train yourself to do this with a bit of conscious telling yourself how to react. Much love x
Big hug @LooperCat and for everyone. Think it'll be sunny again tomorrow to make us all smile:):):):couchpotato:

Reactions: porl69 and kev-w

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I still don't know what to make of it all tbh, I'm not going out of my way to catch it but haven't isolated either, I'm searching the small ads for kettlebells and have got some parts to fit on my car and a house to decorate (minus the kitchen as I've done it), I can't now go to Amsterdam for my birthday but my bloods will thank me for that, you've got to stay positive or as I like to say 'why borrow trouble' so am keeping on top of my bloods and pottering along as always.
You can always cook up a storm @kev-w

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all a bit late on parade.........:eek:

Day 2 and the housemates are already at each other’s throats.....if only I had time, busy making sure everyone is able to work from home, crazy times.

hopefully when the storm has past people will appreciate each other a lot more.

BGs have been pretty good - steady and just about nicely within range.

As always stay safe people.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1561140088165.jpg

Rose22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all,
Hope everyone is feeling well and optimistic this weekend? I have had a sore throat for over a week now...then got aches and tiredness, followed few days ago by shivers that come on very suddenly at end of the day, feel nauseous and very cold, have to take paracetmaol and wrap up in bed until I’ve warmed up. Then wake and feel ok, tired sore throat etc still. My sugars are ok but bit unpredictable! Help I’ve only been taking insulin for about 3+ weeks...nurse said to add a unit of insulin to what I would dose if I’m over 14. Mornings I’m 6-9 and before lunch or dinner I’m all over place, either 16 or 9. Not staying high though so that’s good. Guessing it’s this illness making them go loopy! I’d normally see gp but that’s not really an option now at the moment, I called and they said wait see if get fever and then call again. I’m slightly panicking (to myself as my husband stressed with work and lower immune system and kids are now home from school and don’t want them picking up on it) that it’s corona virus related?! But don’t hear the mild stories...seems to be all the horror stories! So I’m unsure. The think can’t be as don’t have cough, or fever, no thermometer as broken but usually feel boiling with temp and I’ve only felt cold! We’ve been social distancing anyways as I seem to get everything going at the mo, just run down I think.
I’m trying eat well, not too many carbs and get some veggies in, taking vitamins too. One milk left...no eggs! Miss having eggs! Need pick up my test strips from pharmacy...hopefully that will be smooth sailing!
Take care everyone x thanks for letting me vent...can’t keep saying same things to my husband hehehe...he glazes over at the best of times heheh!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, a bit nippy but lots of sunshine so ready to attack another bit of the garden. Gardening yesterday followed by a G&T saw me drop to 2.7, I just thought it was the Gordon's making me woozy. Need to watch out for that.
No BG badge today. Have a cool day:):happy:

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke up to a 4.3, chuffed with that, that’s the best it’s been all week. Going to get out in the garden today, fresh air and exercise are definitely required although we need to buy some plants and I’m fully expecting the garden centre to be the next victim of panic buying.

Finding it tough going mentally with the children, I’ve had several conversations this morning already along the lines of is it ballet today? No. When are we going to ballet? I don’t know. Why don’t you know Mummy? Nobody knows.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all,
Hope everyone is feeling well and optimistic this weekend? I have had a sore throat for over a week now...then got aches and tiredness, followed few days ago by shivers that come on very suddenly at end of the day, feel nauseous and very cold, have to take paracetmaol and wrap up in bed until I’ve warmed up. Then wake and feel ok, tired sore throat etc still. My sugars are ok but bit unpredictable! Help I’ve only been taking insulin for about 3+ weeks...nurse said to add a unit of insulin to what I would dose if I’m over 14. Mornings I’m 6-9 and before lunch or dinner I’m all over place, either 16 or 9. Not staying high though so that’s good. Guessing it’s this illness making them go loopy! I’d normally see gp but that’s not really an option now at the moment, I called and they said wait see if get fever and then call again. I’m slightly panicking (to myself as my husband stressed with work and lower immune system and kids are now home from school and don’t want them picking up on it) that it’s corona virus related?! But don’t hear the mild stories...seems to be all the horror stories! So I’m unsure. The think can’t be as don’t have cough, or fever, no thermometer as broken but usually feel boiling with temp and I’ve only felt cold! We’ve been social distancing anyways as I seem to get everything going at the mo, just run down I think.
I’m trying eat well, not too many carbs and get some veggies in, taking vitamins too. One milk left...no eggs! Miss having eggs! Need pick up my test strips from pharmacy...hopefully that will be smooth sailing!
Take care everyone x thanks for letting me vent...can’t keep saying same things to my husband hehehe...he glazes over at the best of times heheh!

You perhaps should have a read up on the 'sick day rules' if you're recently diagnosed.
https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/life-with-diabetes/illness

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all 5.8 waking and all was good 'till I discovered Screwfix only has 3 rolls of the wall lining paper I wanted :( and I had a little paddy fit with myself as I dropped an egg on the floor :( but it's the first day of spring, the sun is out so I'm going to enjoy the day whatever :)