Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, can't believe how cold this wind is - hardly worn a hat all winter but I'm having to now (only outside though ;))

Welcome @Rose22, sorry you're having a hard time. I agree with @kev-w, though if you've only recently been diagnosed it may be that the honeymoon period is adding to the erratic bgs. Good luck with flattening those figures, and this is a very goo dplace to vent!

Reactions: karen8967

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all and welcome to the new recent posters.

just looking at the map to see where we could go to day.....
upload_2020-3-21_11-4-45.jpeg

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all and welcome to the new recent posters.

just looking at the map to see where we could go to day.....

Have you more than 1 loft hatch as if so you could play 'surprise surprise' by dropping a fake spider on people as they pass underneath :p (reading the floor plan as a bungalows)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon! I’ve nicked @SueJB ’s 5 badge, many apologies. Took teenager down to the airport for his pilot licence medical, so he can at least do his exams online for that. Popped to Waitrose in the way home and was pleased to find some of the more obscure things I’ve run out of in plenty. My Yuzu habit is safe for now... Even managed to score a baguette for the boys, they’re having fishfingers in it. Went to the beach too, but that was heaving so we sat in the car.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Our next door neighbour doctor friend asked us to ask everyone to stay at home.

Reactions: Marie 2 and kev-w

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I can only dreeeeeeeeeeam of having a foyer & a shower..! ;)

But a shower in the foyer would be so much more, "out there".

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diabetes centre rung me. They said I'm OK to continue working as long I not got any of the symptoms. But I now got my partners cold. Stuff nose and a cough. Oh and earache. But no virus symptoms.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends

A bit of a hectic week, my mum and dad are coming down some time next week to drop off a load of groceries because I said there is nothing in the supermarkets. Unless I decide to eat takeaways everyday until the end of the year - my bf would enjoy that but we’ll be extremely plumped around the waist line. Diabetes centre said I’m at a high risk with diabetes and working in a care home with the residents who are quite unwell and frail. They suggest self isolating and social distancing but it is up to me whether I want to do it. I’m also worried about rent etc so I’m in between doing the greater good and want to work to pay rent and bills.

Reactions: karen8967