Type 1'stars R Us

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry very late on parade - had to go shopping to stock up on pasta, bread etc and so I've just filled the big warehouse I've rented dirt cheap. If anyone wants anything, and i mean anything I got it all so you can't have it.......it's mine. :p:hilarious:

Working from Home from now on until the end of the world, typical, I took the dog for a short lunchtime walk and missed the delivery of my sensors that the wife had rearranged for today knowing I'd be in :facepalm:

Stay safe.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening all. One day to go tomorrow with the faithful remnant of our students then, along with them as diabetes counts as "high risk", I'm out of the building. Them until further notice, me until the official start back day after Easter when the situation will be reviewed.

Been spending the evening updating the church social media and working out various things there.

It's all utterly weird and surreal...

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Time for bed, hope everyone had a good day. I got to wear my badge for a bit.
Bought butter and yogurt, very happy. @slip, I need some lasagne please, I know you said you have everything and it's yours but just 2 sheets

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
I hope everyone is well! I thought I had to go to work today but turns out I don’t have too. I woke up any way because I knew my BG is high (13.5) so a cup of coffee and a correction dose.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Day 3 of my own social distancing, it is sunny, the birds are singing and my garden is starting to look very neat. There are some positives. We are also allowed to cancel our holiday with Cumbrian cottages today. They have only been dealing with those who are due to go in 7 days. Sad, but the correct move. I would rather be in my own home. Plus reading the paper this morning hundreds of wealthy Londoners, from where the rate of infection is ahead, are snapping up properties all over and paying VAST amounts of money for long term rentals. So expect infection rates to climb in Cumbria, the south west and Dorset. The hot spots for rentals apparently. It’s obscene when there are people worrying about their day to day living costs.
In other news my Libre line looks like the Himalayas, an amazing indicator of stress and upset.
Stay as safe as you can everyone, lap up any bright days and the spring flowers and scents. Cope as best you can. That is all we can do.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning everyone, hope you’re all still well. Adjusting to the new situation, day four of isolation, apart from cat and husband - thank goodness for social interaction. I feel for those isolating on their own. WhatsApp friends groups are flourishing.
Bloods were good yesterday, basal lowered for spring and so, feeling confident, I turned off alarms for the night. Woke to a 3, could have been worse.
Husband went out to the golf course yesterday where they all stayed a few yards apart, as usual, and the only difference was no touching the flag, no letting the little ball fall down any holes, no refreshment in the now closed cafe. He goes for the long walk, chat with friends, heading off into the woods to say hello to squirrels and bunnies, and because he can’t dash around like he used to.
The person who was going to help subdue all the dust was sadly told no, not now. There’s lots of time for us to tackle it.
Have a good day everyone, stay well.

Reactions: karen8967 and kev-w

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Fairygodmother We skipped our house cleaner too.
I still feel a mixture of guilt and goodness having someone in once a fortnight. The previous cleaner, now a good friend, had been made redundant and needed any work she could get. She retrained during the cleaning stretch, bit by bit, and we gave her paid time off near exams. She’s now full time doing the accounts at Age Concern . We’ll go on paying the current person during this maybe rather long period of self isolation. All in all, it’s lovely to have a chat and a cuppa with her as well as having someone who does the stuff that we argue about.

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, new to this thread but not new to the forums, just checking in for some moral support! BG ok, the stress of the situation is definitely taking its toll but trying to stay positive and be realistic about what I can do. I had my cleaner in this week, she’s on the high risk list too due to her own health. I want to keep her coming in if I can because if she doesn’t work, she doesn’t get paid, and at least she leaves the house in a cleaner state than she found it, unlike the other occupants....

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all & happy Friday, a bit on the low side waking at 3.1mmol but xDrip appears to have missed the reading, or so it said, but it's ok as I've been trending high the last few days, I don't know whether I should crack on with cleaning windows or stay in and decorate yet, or a bit of both, my insulins and libre are on order but weren't there to be collected as the phone call said they would, but in times of crisis you can forgive them for poor administration, :p

A mate called in last night bemoaning he couldn't find milk, luckily I had a carton of blue top which I'd not drink now I've a couple of green tops so he got that and a couple of carrots for his young uns rabbit and my other mate got white bread buns that I panic bought as there was no wholemeal at the time in a 'waste not want not' stylee.

Last edited:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps. Had a bit of a spike to 12 last night after a battered fish and a few chips for dinner, but that *just happened* to coincide with the 2-hour warmup on my Dexcom sensor. So it never happened :D

Steady as she goes since getting it down to 5 at around 1am, Loop gave me a nice soft landing and I still love it.

How is everyone on the mental health front? Perhaps we should have a little mental health check on each other every day? I know just how stressful people are finding this pandemic. Shall I start a T1/C19/mental health thread?

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome @ArtemisBow, lots of hard decisions to make right now.

@LooperCat I'd just get more stressed trying to find the right thread :hilarious: Actually that's partly true; I'm happy to carry on using this thread as a place to check on each other and unload if I need to, others may well see it differently. Whatever happens it's a good idea to keep tabs on each other.

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning chaps. Had a bit of a spike to 12 last night after a battered fish and a few chips for dinner, but that *just happened* to coincide with the 2-hour warmup on my Dexcom sensor. So it never happened :D

Steady as she goes since getting it down to 5 at around 1am, Loop gave me a nice soft landing and I still love it.

How is everyone on the mental health front? Perhaps we should have a little mental health check on each other every day? I know just how stressful people are finding this pandemic. Shall I start a T1/C19/mental health thread?
I'm as mental as I always have been @LooperCat. Hope you're doing OK and everyone else too. It is stressful but it seems better today because the sun's out. I don't think a separate thread is needed, better if everyone just checks in here together

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Welcome @ArtemisBow, lots of hard decisions to make right now.

@L ooperCat I'd just get more stressed trying to find the right thread :hilarious: Actually that's partly true; I'm happy to carry on using this thread as a place to check on each other and unload if I need to, others may well see it differently. Whatever happens it's a good idea to keep tabs on each other.
How are you doing @hh1?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Welcome @ArtemisBow, I love your avatar. Yes, it’s really hard puzzling out what to do about someone who needs the work. I confess I thought of all the other people ours had met, her sons too, but we’re happy that we’ve enough in pension payments (not large, but enough) to go on paying her. We’re isolating, we’re 70 and 73, but might stretch to an isolated walk.
I’ve just ordered a big bag of dry cat food online, that pension’s sure going to have to meet the cost, as Big Black Cat finds his teeth and claws wild side when he’s hungry. I don’t want to have to search our antibiotics if he decides to eat me!
@LooperCat, many of us have communicated on this thread for some time now and what are online friends for if not to share our stresses and horrors with? I think we’ll all need to do that before this is over and I, for one, feel grateful if we can. Hug.

Reactions: kev-w and hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How are you doing @hh1?
I'm doing okay thanks @SueJB. I think it's more difficult living on my own; having said that, I'm pleased I have my (wayward) puppy, I live in a fantastic community with support firmly in place, I'm part of a family WhatsApp group and whilst I've had some work postponed, I'm doing some other coaching via Skype. I miss seeing people face to face, but I'm doing that outdoors when I can, especially with the dog, so all in all I'm pretty lucky. It did also occur to me to wonder whether enforced isolation of couples and families could end up being a bit like Christmas where everyone (allegedly) ends up falling out ;) How about you?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Let's keep it here then :) Sounds good to me!

Not much to report here, family of key workers and a sixth form student. Oz could go into school but is choosing to work from home remotely, luckily he's an introverted antisocial type, so is quite looking forward to an excuse not to go out. We're having regular MH checks with each other. My own approach is to be a little excited about potentially getting out there to help, and soon. Excitement and fear are exactly the same physiological response - adrenaline (short term stress hormone) and cortisol (long term stress hormone) get us ready for the flight/flight/freeze/fornicate response. So I'm directing myself to fight rather than freeze, as that can lead me down a dark path mentally. You can train yourself to do this with a bit of conscious telling yourself how to react. Much love x