SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Lovely to hear about food and digit @urbanracer
Can any of you tell me how to get Bluetooth to recognise my Libre 2 on my phone please? This is my first sensor, scans fine, activated it with my phone, all knobs switched on but nothing in Bluetooth to show it's pairing or whatever.................................... not sure of the lingo

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Random tired diabetic thought:
I just flattened a mosquito on my leg, which produced a nice drop of blood rather than the usual smear. Gave it another swipe before thinking about if that drop of blood could have been used to test my BG without a finger prick. (Usually I see every blood producing injury as a 'free' BG test. :D)

So now I'm frustrated because I swiped away the mosquito and blood, the chances of ever again having a flattened mosquito produce such a nice drop of blood are very slim, so I'm not very likely to ever find out if you can test after the blood has been in the mosquito.
Too bad. Still, I like the thought! :)

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think your best way of finding out is to google your phone's instruction manual, and then google Bluetooth pairing. That should take you to the relevant pages including resolving problems.

Alternatively you could try to google YouTube Bluetooth pairing on a (insert your phone's make and model) which may well help.

Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
nothing in Bluetooth to show it's pairing or whatever
I think your best way of finding out is to google your phone's instruction manual, and then google Bluetooth pairing.
I think the Libre pairs without showing in bluetooth on your phone, so general advice on bluetooth devices likely don't apply.
(I don't use the bluetooth connection with LibreLink, so I don't have much advice, but my Libre is bluetooth connected with DiaBox and that doesn't show in the list of devices available or connected to my phone in bluetooth, still works.)

First thoughts: Is your location turned on? Won't work without if I remember correctly.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, the last two days have seen higher temperatures here than forecast. As a result, I didn't adjust my basal so I've been in the himalayas for two days. I don't like jelly babies, they work best for me, and I'm sick of them!

Rant over, our visit to the local place was outstanding because a) their made-on-site ice cream is sublime (and I really needed it!) and b) (though probably this one should be first) we were walking in the deer park when four bucks came cantering along, no more than 3 or 4 metres away. They were in line, with graduating antlers, so it looked like grandfather, father, son and grandson. They're fallow deer so they have those palmate antlers; the eldest had the most magnificent spread and they all looked breath-taking. A real treat.

Reactions: RVW and urbanracer

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Random tired diabetic thought:
I just flattened a mosquito on my leg, which produced a nice drop of blood rather than the usual smear. Gave it another swipe before thinking about if that drop of blood could have been used to test my BG without a finger prick. (Usually I see every blood producing injury as a 'free' BG test. :D)

So now I'm frustrated because I swiped away the mosquito and blood, the chances of ever again having a flattened mosquito produce such a nice drop of blood are very slim, so I'm not very likely to ever find out if you can test after the blood has been in the mosquito.
Too bad. Still, I like the thought! :)
Just another thought, are you sure it was your blood? How would your neighbours, dogs, guinea pigs, cats, react to being told they were 6.9?
So many missed opportunities.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning all. So much to catch up with, please don’t feel unnoticed if this daft old biddy doesn’t comment on what you’ve posted in the last week.
Oh my, Urbs, your thumb looks beautifully healed but ready to be an extra in a Hammer Horror. Hope the full function gradually grows back. I’m astonished you’ve still got a full, though decidedly cubist-looking nail.
What a lucky escape, @hh1. I can’t understand people who decide to forego a vaccine though I suppose they may have been misled by some sites and postings. I’m with younger daughter in the Midlands; we met a couple of her doctor friends on Thursday (small boys’ cricket match, older grandson playing, sadly his team lost). One, working at two main hospitals in Leicester, says both ICUs are full. Both said that there are absolutely no health reasons why someone shouldn’t have the vaccine. It’s just two docs, so not a full knowledge-survey.
I did enjoy the match though, I think it’s a beautiful location so I gazed at trees and clouds, drank a half of chilled larger, petted various dogs, cheered and clapped when small boys played well, and gossiped with younger daughter and her friends. U.K. pursuits in all their summer glory. I don’t follow cricket, not a sports fan, but this was an event with extras. Bloods behaved quite well too.
Oh @Japes, that horrible chewing gum took me back to a rental turnover situation where I found it all along the side rail of a bed. Yuck!
I’m driving home today, thankfully having unloaded a very full car here in the Midlands. It’s the first time I’ve done some in person part-time job stuff since February 2020.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh, and younger daughter took me to the Van Gogh experience yesterday. First time using a virtual reality headset too: I loved it. I wish I’d had one with lots of programmes to take me on virtual foreign travels from the start of the pandemic. The Van Gogh experience was both sad, poor man, I wonder if he’d have found more peace these days, and glorious. I’ve heard some others say they don’t like the way treatment deprives them of the visual wonders they experience without it. Has anyone had any hypo awareness enhancements that sometimes make a hypo worth it?

Reactions: Antje77

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Well, eating before I snorkeled spiked me up. Only 12 carbs too. It didn't help my sensor was going and read 3 points over than what I actually was. I dosed for it and then thought to check. So too much insulin. So I had some chocolate soy milk before and vegan ***** bears when I was out in the water. But snorkeling didn't spike me!!!!!! So eating beforehand seems to be the answer, so now I just have to figure out the morning eating problem.

Last edited:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Slumping quietly after a few days of walking a lot and reminding myself there is far more to my city than the 3 miles radius from my home for walking in. Finally made it into the city centre for the first time since early last March. It was nowhere near as busy as pre-pandemic school holiday afternoons would have been. I really did not expect to be able to keep moving around without crowd dodging so easily.

I achieved both small shopping missions and then began the walk home the flattest route (it's a couple of miles longer than the most direct walking route home but much easier on legs which had already walked 10 miles) Except it's now become a bit of a walker's nightmare with the new cycle lanes. Which I'm very happy about, really, for the cyclists who are clearly using and appreciating it, but I ended up giving up after 45 minutes of less considerate cyclists still persisting in cycling at speed too close to me on the pavement, and getting on a bus to get clear of it all. To then discover my best pavement was being re-tarmac-ed (much needed and hooray!) without any notice I'd need to cross this busy main road (four car lanes, two cycle lanes) at least 400 metres before I knew I'd need to. I got a lot of sympathy from someone waiting at a temporary bus stop.

Excellently beautiful blood sugars for the 18 hours post that walk...

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I guess I have forever to keep trying! Epic fail yesterday in BG numbers and snorkeling. I did pretty good with the food before. Yea! But I had to eat ***** bears a few times while swimming, I had even halved my basal rate for 2 hours. But even though I had to eat ***** bears I stayed pretty steady. So all that was good........ Until I got out then I dropped big time. Didn't feel bad and I did several meter checks, lots of ***** bears. Then I had dislodged my insulin pod when I was swimming, I knew I had hit it really good when I shoved my packet of ***** bears down my swimsuit so I knew that might be an issue. Yep, after all those ***** bears for the low, watch me then climb and climb. I switched it out of course but then had to fight to get that high to come down.

Beautiful day though lol!!!!! I got a video of a stingray, a good sized one. The second one I've seen the last week. The other video was better because I was close to it as it was deeper water and hanging out at the bottom, plus it was smaller. This guy was over the shallower reef and bigger and I respect staying away from that tail!!!!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, reliance on jelly babies this week has had nothing to do with the weather, more an escalation of my efforts to simplify my garden. That includes removing the plants from four large borders, covering them with permeable membrane and gravelling over that and planting a fruit tree in the middle of each. I've got excess soil to remove (which I can use elsewhere in the garden, but have to barrow it wherever it's going), trying to give away plants or pot them up to keep for sale at next year's open gardens, whilst trying to stay on top of the rest of the garden. I've fallen asleep on the sofa after dinner every night this week. Still, apart from a few hypos, I suspect it's all very good for me - apart from a dodgy knee (old torn cartilage which I'm leaving alone until I can't live with it) which resents being knelt on these days. Fingers crossed it stays dry for a while, wet soil is heavy...