Insulin
20210727_133257.jpg

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hi @Chris85, nice to see you again. Hope life’s been ok for you since you were last here.
Mornin’ all, in this climate crisis Frio using corner of the online T1 world. Even the met office is telling us we need to get ready for higher temperatures and more extreme weather.
We went down to the sea yesterday for a walk in a place we’d not visited for a while and the first thing we saw was 2 of our friends hanging about in the water and chatting, Greek style. Something I used only to experience when staying with Greek friends when we, and many others, would meet in the sea for morning and late afternoon nattering. Iced coffee’s already a staple in this house, figs and grapes in the garden, but not much ouzo or retsina around. And stormy weather’s not welcome.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Talking of stormy weather, hope all of you in the SW and Wales aren’t too badly affected by Storm Evert.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, this is the quietest day of my busy week. Amongst other things I've spent my time ordering a new kitchen - well sort of, I've placed a provisional order but lots of detail to decide on. Plenty of time as it won't be here before next January. Not the time of year I'd choose to have a kitchen fitted but I'd like it sooner rather than later.

Also been to puppy class - I don't think it's actually puppy class any more, my dog's certainly not the oldest at two years old (where did that time go?!) and overall she did very well. With classes and some 1:1 we're now at the point where, except when we're on roads or somewhere with children (who she adores so she gets over-excited still) she walks with her long lead trailing on the ground; I can take her in a field with deer and she won't chase and she'll come when called. We'll gradually reduce the lead length until she no longer needs it as an anchor. It's so good to have her walking (essentially) free at last.

@Fairygodmother it's rained here in east Somerset overnight and it's fairly windy just now though there's some sun in between the clouds. I think there's more rain to come before the day's out though looking pretty mixed all day. Have a good day all, hope you get the weather you want!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning. New old car is fast and red. Insulin is slow and BG did the usual acceleration from 4.3 to 8.1 in under 2 hours and it's piddling down.

Reactions: Marie 2

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, oh boy we had some rain yesterday, especially overnight! Woke up from a bad dream at about 4am and it was hammering down. Spent part of yesterday afternoon clearing the medium sized branch that had broken off one of the smaller trees in my garden; at least it's kindling for the woodburner in a couple of years when it's dried out.

Meant to be out with other villagers for Fizz in the Field this evening; think we're all on tenterhooks waiting to see if the weather'll let us!

Have a good Saturday all.

Reactions: Antje77

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Meant to be out with other villagers for Fizz in the Field this evening; think we're all on tenterhooks waiting to see if the weather'll let us!

Hi,

You gotta love village life.. Hog roasts. (Pig & jig.) "Revels" on the rec..
Dog shows.
There was some sort of "gunfight at the OK corral" recreation one year..?
Lol, I'm no ballistics expert. But a couple of cowboys would have shot their own guys in the back like the the arcade game space invaders..

Not a lot has been happening in my part of the world recently..
Wear sensible boots & a waterproof.. :p

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Lol @SueJB , watch that red car!! I had heard at one time that a higher ticket percent is given to red cars because they are easier to pick out!!!
New cars are nice aren't they!

@hh1 I am glad your "puppy" is behaving on walks more. Our new one darted out the front door tonight right by my hubby and promptly sat in the middle of the street. Ignored my husband calling her but luckily responded when I stood at the front door and called her and then she came running in. We have been teaching both of them to sit at the front door and wait for permission when we walk them or we are leaving, but obviously we still have a problem. She was so excited when she came running in and I didn't dare scold her because at least she came inside. That was the first time she "escaped" but she hadn't seemed to be trying to. But sigh, at least she didn't take off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good afternoon all from a damp but not a dismal SE. Older daughter and son-outlaw came to lunch. He’d cycled from theirs to ours and needed a shower when he came in. The sun shone on us in the garden too, so all’s well. Raining now and more to come but it’s not all bad as to compensate for the weather the extra half unit of basal to fix climbing sugars meant that I needed a slice of cake. It’s the same old story.
Good puppy/young dog news @hh1 and @Marie 2. Older daughter collects her puppy in 3 weeks’ time and excitement’s growing even though the name she’s given him means he’ll ominously end up being called Mr P.
Cat likes the dog she’s already got and will no doubt tell Mr P when he oversteps the line.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, got soaked to my underwear dog walking yesterday afternoon just before the gathering in the field was due to start. There waas a lot of chatter on the village WhatsApp group and everyone was still up for it. So I went home, got dry, fed me and the dog then off I went. No rain at that point, and despite the threatening clouds which appeared regularly, stayed dry and had a fab time! It's a small field with a wooded area, outdoor bucket shower and loo, huge fire pit (lots of marshmallows toasted - I feel no loss, way too sweet for my taste :happy:) and loads of people turned up - in appropriate dress - and it was a great evening. As a result, I'm off to coffee this morning with a couple of people who are new to the village this year.

Enjoy Sunday!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon!

I decided last week was a week to do a few organist-related tasks I'd put off due to difficulties accessing the buildings over the last 17 months (lots of different reasons, but not all Covid-related restrictions on the buildings) and to get some serious organ practising in pre-the 4 postponed weddings all taking place in the next 3 months. Then, I'd relax better into holiday mode thought me...

I had also noted the massive build-up of cobwebs... as one of the few who doesn't mind spiders in our place, and who is normally in the building more regularly than other people, what with being a keyholder, thought I'd mix and match the organ playing with some de-cobwebbing; it's worked before and I quite like alternating between the two tasks and get more done than if I'm stuck on one job for ages.

But, it also meant I found the horrendous amount of chewing gum in various levels of hardness stuck under the pews. The older stuff dislodged easily enough and I put it down to pre-March 2020 school visits. The newer stuff (my best guess is a large funeral a week or so ago of a young man and when I said where the worst of it was, those who'd been there agreed with my best guess) has been entered on a diagram I drew up and I'll check back on it to get it off when it's hardened - seems safer in the current circumstances!

What was originally meant to be a morning, at most, for most days last week turned into a full week's project. But it's a lot of good jobs well done.

This week is being much more what I feel like doing when I feel like! Apart from lie-ins. Dawn phenomenon is rampaging at the moment, and what had been a low 3 number in the middle of the night, with the help of 3 Lift tablets was safely 7.5 at 4.00 a.m. and nearly double that when I woke up properly at 8.15 a.m.!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Japes I really hate DP and FOTF. My DP is gone but my FOTF is driving me a little nuts.It almost went away and now has hit the last couple of days again. I ate a lot less the last couple of days, so is my system trying to help me????? I've now used a full quarter of my usual dosing just to correct it!

@Japes And why on earth do people think it's okay to stick their gum places? I realize it's kids but my parents would have had a fit.