Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, not looking forward to the next four days. Don't know about the rest of you but I struggle in extreme heat, not least because it plays havoc with my bg. I also just had a friend to stay who had a sore throat on her journey home, then phoned me to say she'd tested positive for covid. Fingers crossed I won't have that to contend with too!

Stay safe everyone, have a good Friday and a cool weekend!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I hope you don't get it @hh1. That's certainly going to worry you. And if you do, you don't have hardly any symptoms and feel fine quickly. Hugs!

I got a couple of really cool pictures of the moon tonight. It was weird because it was pitch black outside with the moon just a circle and some lighting right around it. But the pictures came up with the sky looking like it was completely lit up! Weird what the iphone camera does sometimes!

upload_2022-7-14_22-36-16.png
upload_2022-7-14_22-36-49.png

Reactions: Hopeful34 and hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hope you don't get it @hh1. That's certainly going to worry you. And if you do, you don't have hardly any symptoms and feel fine quickly. Hugs!

I got a couple of really cool pictures of the moon tonight. It was weird because it was pitch black outside with the moon just a circle and some lighting right around it. But the pictures came up with the sky looking like it was completely lit up! Weird what the iphone camera does sometimes!

View attachment 55430 View attachment 55431
Wow, those are amazing! And thanks for the hugs, feeling okay so far :happy:

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My area has been upped to a Red warning for heat and looking at the forecast I’m dreading it, 38 degrees with a potential for it to be higher. Might just hop from supermarket to supermarket all day :hilarious:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My area has been upped to a Red warning for heat and looking at the forecast I’m dreading it, 38 degrees with a potential for it to be higher. Might just hop from supermarket to supermarket all day :hilarious:
Yep, same here for Monday and Tuesday. Oh hold on - they've just added Sunday! And the good news is I tested negative for Covid this morning, hope it continues.....Stay cool everyone

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Amazing pictures @Marie 2!
Hope you negative @hh1. Really hope that, the insulin heat dance, plus Covid, would be a wretched thing to experience.
Back from my trip to see younger daughter & family, I got home last night. The roads were packed, the M1, M11 and M2 all full to the brim, and slow. I suspect many were heading for hot South Coast beaches.
Here, in SE homeland, we’ll be filling bottles of water, lowering the blinds, watering (but not wastefully) plants in readiness and hoping the birds stay in cooler trees and hedges, come to drink in the pond. Feel very very lucky to have heat exchangers with aircon facility.
Why, oh why, has the world been so slow to wake up to climate warming.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why, oh why, has the world been so slow to wake up to climate warming.

Hi,

Although the industrial revolution hasn’t helped much.. I personally feel we’re still coming out of the last “ice age?”
But by all accounts. Lol, we are overdue another one..

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We had quite a lot of rain yesterday, which the gardens really needed, and I enjoyed the lovely 'fresh smell' in the garden, that you get when it's been hot and then rains.
I'm another one not looking forward to the heat over the next 3 days, but am so thankful not to live in a city. Take care everyone in the heat, and hope you're still testing negative @hh1. Fab pictures @Marie 2.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
We are experiencing King Tides and on top of it a hurricane/tropical storm had a path south of the islands. So it pushed water our way. So very high surf on the south shores which is very unusual. On one of the islands waves actually went over the top of two story condos. On our south shores some of our roads right on the coast were hit with waves. The south shores here had about 15-20 foot waves hit the shore in some areas. It was higher on some of the other islands. You were supposed to stay out of the water on the south or west shores. But not everyone listens. On the major island over 1500 rescues were done. We spotted a rescue jet ski going up and down the coast looking for people, even with the warnings there will be a few hundred rescues done here. They even tape off the beaches at the most popular spots. There was some fun for experienced surfers in some areas.

upload_2022-7-17_22-31-39.png

upload_2022-7-17_22-28-35.png

upload_2022-7-17_22-26-3.png

Reactions: hh1

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
After fighting with the DVLA for 2.5 months over my replacement drivers license they have now finally issued my replacement, my current one expired in April so I am now very happy. Only get 3 years though which I suppose is better than the 2 years I got previously! :hilarious:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@becca59 Yea, they were given several warnings about waves lol and are standing on rocks to take pictures!!! That actually happens enough times in normal weather it's not a surprise to anyone here.

There is finally a video on a news site about the condo. It was on twitter before, which I could watch, but I am not on so it wasn't shareable or I didn't know how lol!

https://www.fox29.com/news/large-waves-big-surf-hawaii-video-hurricane-darby

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Good Morning Everyone!

A bunch of my white pineapples are all ripening at once. There is a season, but they can be grown here all year long. I guess I don't know the secret for making that happen. We planted ours at hugely different times and they flowered at short intervals. But it looks like we will have about 8 ripen all within a couple of weeks. So I will be sharing some with a few people. I will freeze some too. One of the best things is to freeze it and then puree it and it makes a sweet frozen treat. But it's way to easy to eat a bunch of that in seconds!!! So then proper dosing goes out the window......

Reactions: hh1 and Antje77

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds absolutely delicious @Marie 2 I love pineapple, but have never heard of white pineapple. Shall go away and Google.

Reactions: Marie 2

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What a frustrating condition diabetes is. Following 3 weeks of lovely straight levels and awakening to excellent levels after calm nights, I am now into a high phase again. Rising from 3 and jumping even higher when getting out of bed. Am now sat here sniffing my morning raspberries and yoghurt awaiting a shift in that arrow. This seems to be a trend. A period of calm with great results and then hard graft keeping it under control. Did the usual change of insulin routine to no avail. So, it’s just keep calm and carry on. Happy weekend everyone.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone been struggling a bit,i have my good and bad days thankyou for your kind words everyone its much appreciated xx

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Many hugs Karen. It'll probably take a long time to adjust as best you can.

White pineapple is soooo good! There are a few varieties. Once you've had one, it's hard to go back to regular pineapple! Lots of flavor and super sweet. The main growers show up at the Farmer's Markets twice a week and they have long lines waiting for them to open and they often run out. We send some to our family members a few times a year and some are trying to grow them....but it doesn't look like they are being very successful. But they grow pretty easily here. They are amazing pineapples!