Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
A tortoise is a lot faster than me in getting work done tbh. :hilarious:

I like to get on and do things/chores, so they are out of the way, then relax and either go for a walk, gardening or reading.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Robinredbreast - A cousin of mine's rotten motion sickness disappeared when he discovered he needed glasses.

I hope the bands work for you.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well today was the worse morning travelling and feeling awful with motion sickness. I used to suffer so badly from this as a child and into adulthood. I am okay sitting up front in a taxi or minibus, but whilst I am sitting in the back with the children and they are talking to me, playing a game ( lowering my head which is worse !) so any interacting,
I went to my local pharmacy and bought Sea Bands, as I didn't want to dose up on tablets, especially those that make people drowsy. So two bands on the wrist pressure points, so I will let you know after 4.30pm how it went, finger's crossed it works X
I get motion sickness when I'm in the car, I can't look at the side view windows. Also I feel a bit unwell when my bf is playing his computer games like first person shooter or when I play league of legends on unlocked camera mode. I've never thought about being drugged for it. But please do let us know if the bands worked. :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I get motion sickness when I'm in the car, I can't look at the side view windows. Also I feel a bit unwell when my bf is playing his computer games like first person shooter or when I play league of legends on unlocked camera mode. I've never thought about being drugged for it. But please do let us know if the bands worked. :)

I am willing the bands to work, as I love this new job :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Robinredbreast - A cousin of mine's rotten motion sickness disappeared when he discovered he needed glasses.

I hope the bands work for you.

Suffered badly as a child and into adulthood, front of vehicle is okay for me, the back not so good.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Suffered badly as a child and into adulthood, front of vehicle is okay for me, the back not so good.

Once it was fixed, my cousin figured the issue was if he was in a direct vision seat - looking out front, or able to concentrate looking out to the side, he was OK. Less good in the back with the scenery flying past in his peripheral vision, rendering it almost a blurr, if that makes sense.

I've, thankfully, nevr suffered myself, and have only once in all my years of sailing felt queasy. That was when we were ploughing through 20ft waves, and I was rummaging in the (chest style) freezer for dinner. As soon as I got my head out of the freezer, I was fine again.

Little dents my appetite!

Fingers crossed for you.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all - rainy, not very warm day here but I got up at 5.8 so I'm happy enough!

My long day at the office today and my mate has legged it to France for a week's holiday. Boss is in a foul mood, and I am keeping head down for the week. Try and be inconspicuous.....ha!
what a lovely avatar wutwo :)

Reactions: porl69 and WuTwo

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys, back from holiday with a spring in my step - well I will have when I leave work to go home!

Had my clinic appointment late yesterday (late being the operative word :sour:) - came away thinking what was the point? So I had uploaded (before I went on holiday :p) my meter readings to diasend (which the doc already had up on the computer screen briefly) and proceeded to ask me how many hypos I have a week and what was the lowest result......all the data was there for you! Funnily enough I don't keep all the data in my head thats why I uploaded it all. Unless they were trying to catch me out.......then proceeded to ask about hypo symptoms so I guess so LOL! so talk about my medication, ratios and any changes I've made since last time, I explain I reduce my night time basal and the reason why, chatted about my use of Libre in the past and the medtrum CGM in the most recent past, and why I stopped using them - Libre rash/burn being the obvious one along with £ then starts to explain I can reduce my basals if I'm hypoing too much which was what I had said just before and also mixing up my morning and evening doses when referring to them. And talking about the libre she did ask if I'd give it another go, yes I would but money (I said I don't meet the April 1st criteria) and confirmation of change of adhesive pending! but she will push for me to have it on script apparently - I won't hold my breath.

However hba1c is slightly up, but maybe thats because I haven't used a cgm type device in a while........my hba1c is good apparently (depends on who you ask) but she did say they regularly see patients in the 11-12's%, well I think they need the libre more than me, unless they just don't care then I will have it!

Oh and she kept on saying I'm the expert........but never said in what:D

(semi rant over!)

Reactions: SueJB

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@slip - Dunno whether you need a Like, a Medal, or a Hug!

Settled on a Hug, cos a hug is never the wrong thing to do :happy:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I am home, and I worked like a dingbat. Got an amazing amount done!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Reactions: karen8967

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Patch and his mate Lena, the sensor, made it through their first airport security unscathed. They went incognito and seem to get away with it.
They are now waiting for their first flight where I guess I will have to finger prick as my phone will be on airplane mode.
Lena is a Libre, right? If so, you can manually turn NFC on in airplane mode.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
DSC_0587.JPG
DSC_0588.JPG
Back from school run and...............I did feel better, whether this was mind over matter and positive thinking or wrist bands, or both, but something worked which was great :happy:
Came home with 2 of the children's school bags and a car seat, all to be given back tomorrow morning :)
Bands have left a bit of a mark but, if they work I don't mind.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

That's brilliant @Robinredbreast . I bet they work even better tomorrow - keep telling yourself that, all the time.

I am truly bad! I grabbed TWO blueberry muffins (home made), popped them in a bowl and warmed them up, and then tipped rather a lot of soy single cream over them. And that was after stuffing two burgers buns filled with pulled jackfruit burgers.....

Dear goodness - I may never move again. I have fired in 12 units of humalog and I'm 1:10 at night so you can see how many carbs I hoovered down...

Reactions: Robinredbreast

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So this evening I was like I haven't heard any new music, especially kpop. So I went to google BTS (a lot of hype about them) and it wasn't quite my jam. :hilarious: I guess I'll stick to year 2000-2009 alternative rock, my inner edgy self is still sad about Chester Bennington, I had a therapist who cried with me, she loved LP as much as me. :(

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@helensaramay out the blue the doc phoned me tonight, she knows I don’t meet the criteria but still wants to put me through for further discussion with the team for getting the Libre. Must be my charismatic ways or failing that number of hypos, I get! Team meetings on wednesdays so might hear tomorrow or next Wednesday. Still not holding my breath but amazed all the same!

Reactions: porl69