Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I wonder if animal protein hits differently to plant? I wouldn't know, but my protein all comes from pulses, tofu, seitan, nuts, seeds etc. and I never need to bolus for it.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning my fellow teabags. Wow its hypo central on the forum over the past 12 hours, hope its not contagious:):) I have been plodding along on reasonable figures(for me) of around 6.5 most of time

Do we think this is caused by the warmer than normal temperatures

Stay safe ]everyone and enjoy what will hopefully be a glorious day

@Delticmatt100 I would imagine most of your insulin will have went in, you sometimes get a little leakage. What I used to do was inject, then hold pen there for about 10 seconds, then withdraw.

Have a great Friday all

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hahahaha that's rude. Teabags lol
Morning my fellow teabags. Wow its hypo central on the forum over the past 12 hours, hope its not contagious:):) I have been plodding along on reasonable figures(for me) of around 6.5 most of time

Do we think this is caused by the warmer than normal temperatures

Stay safe ]everyone and enjoy what will hopefully be a glorious day

@Delticmatt100 I would imagine most of your insulin will have went in, you sometimes get a little leakage. What I used to do was inject, then hold pen there for about 10 seconds, then withdraw.

Have a great Friday all

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had this last night around 1730 for dinner. Then took blood around 2120. Amazed by the reading only 6.4 I was expecting that to jump high. Baring in mind I had 3 chicken bones in bbq sauce.
Screenshot_20190628_075545_com.whatsapp.jpeg

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Delticmatt100 - there wouldn't have been carbs in the chicken, just the sauce, veggies and potato waffle, and the veggies are pretty low.

Today my husband is shampooing the sitting room carpet. Easy 'cos the sitting room is just about empty but it's a back-breaker for me 'cos you have to bend over. I am soooo grateful. Means the new furniture can move in tomorrow morning, then we shovel the bits of furniture we actually want back in, and send the others to the heart people.

Then all that's left is an almighty pile of sorting out. I will sit on the floor and deal with a stack of stuff and once dealt with I can bum-shuffle to the next stack. Husband carts boxes either to trash or to the car boot (ready for drop off). If I get Monday off with any luck it'll all be dealt with by the end of Monday.

I will feel sooooo much lighter for not being all cluttered up with belongings :happy:

If Gilmour can sell all 125 guitars for charity (including the black strat and that amazing Fender 000001), I can surely send what I possibly can to charity.

Last edited:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@helensaramay - your cough has been going on a long time. Is it perhaps time to see the quack?

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning ~sigh~

Chasing a hyper at the moment, I guess it is the heat causing some issues so busy rage blousing at the moment. Never mind, least I'm not dropping like a stone which is fine.
Or too much cake!!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Having a go at the Lotto beckons.........4.6 last night, 4.6 this morning - or my meter is broke :hilarious:

The cat had a stable comfortable night, vet said he's happy having belly rubs.........errrr....are you sure you're talking about the right cat, belly rubs normally end up with shredded hands, that'll be the drugs then!

Hope everyone has recovered from their hypos.

edit: just changed my avatar so you can see who I'm on about!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning ~sigh~

Chasing a hyper at the moment, I guess it is the heat causing some issues so busy rage blousing at the moment. Never mind, least I'm not dropping like a stone which is fine.
I have this image in my head @Knikki of you getting very angry in your bedroom changing blouses really quickly and throwing them on the floor in rage and then trying another one
Like you though my hyper has come down dramatically from 17.2, now sitting on 4.5 and monitoring the little madam

Reactions: Robinredbreast

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Our poor dogs are deeply confused and deprived. No comfy sofa to sprawl on. Disaster has befallen them and they are Very Hard Done By - and the eyes are saying it all the time.

Roll on tomorrow - in comes sofa, on goes dog blanket - two extremely happy dogs.....

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Another fine day, another bunch of hypos? I lower my basal in hot weather @Karen9867, but failed to take the next step yesterday - I drop it bit by 0.5 unit bit from winter to summer - and had to stop pulling out weeds at part time job and entertain some jelly babies while equilibrium returned. Maybe a tracking device as well as a libre would be a good summer accessory after all.
Hope Saturday doesn’t see us all on the floor. Feeling very sorry for all teabags in the European Scream weather event!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I get to the pool and am on a 3.7 downwards arrow. Where an earth did that come from. Downed my tin of coke and then stood talking to the trainer watching everyone’s technique. Fun! 20 minutes later managed 54 lengths in sets of 12 8s and 4s. Now 11.4 and rising grr...!
Still no sunshine here, it is hiding pretty well. Oh and only 14 degrees. I want no more talk of how lovely it is elsewhere because I shall throw my rattle out of the Pram.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I think I'd rather have had the RE and Music!! Good luck!
Eight detentions issued... :smug: Apparently the next one is showing them how to put condoms on blue plastic willies. Being an old married hag I'm a bit out of practice, so am going to have to take a BPW and some raincoats home to practice on :D

@SueJB & @WuTwo - I don't need to bolus for plant protein, eggs or fatty fish; just for white fish and prawns. I dose at half my insulin:carb ratio, so for me, 1u:20gprotein over 3 hours. Meat eaters who eat low carb often have different ratios and timings for different types, and even cuts of the same meat. YDMV!

Having major issues with mid morning rises this week - despite waking up in range and doing my usual foot on the floor hit when I wake; I'm hitting double figures by 10am. I've increased my basal rate for that time, but it's like using water. New vial, pod change, all the usual stuff just isn't working. I wonder if it's because I'm knackered, as being tired often makes me resistant to insulin - but this is just ridiculous. Got so frustrated with it yesterday that I totally rage bolused, was too low to drive home, spent an hour getting legal, and had to stop halfway to sort another low - and rage caked. Total rollercoaster disaster. Felt rubbish too.

Currently babysitting some year 10s in the computer room...8.6 with 1.1u IOB and sliding downwards. Fingers crossed it evens out in the 5s.

I'm going straight to Cardiff from work today, as my favourite band (The Alarm) have a new album out today and are doing a signing session in HMV. So I'm dressed slightly more rock'n'roll for teaching than usual. No comments from the bosses about tattoos yet, they have been declared "sick" by the kids. And tomorrow we've got a big Alarm gig in the 'Diff as well - so excited! Could really do with the D-emon behaving itself, anyone got a functional pancreas I could borrow?

Be well, folks!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all
I had to join the hypo gang in the early hours. Alarm woke me up at 4am with a 3.....4 jelly babies sorted that out. Slight change in the basal settings as bloods are around the lower 4s at that time according to Libre and xdrip

@Knikki you let the blouse secret out of the bag now :woot::woot:
@becca59 its really sunny here in South Wales BUT a bit chilly atm...hope you get your bloods to stabilize soon
@Mel dCP rage caked made me lol.....hope you get your bits signed,,,,, well your album signed ;)
@SueJB congrats on getting your BGs to a normal level and not hypoing

Anyone I haven't mentioned.....sorry :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends,

I was so comfy in bed but I had to get out to test and take my basal. 13.2, oops so I'm swirling my coffee like "can I eat yet?" :hilarious:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Mel dCP Oh yeah I forgot about my spare working pancreas - I’ll just rummage through the attic and courier it over. I would use it, but MDI is so much cooler. Diakat sobs and looks for a nice blouse... must have rage thrown all nice blouses away.
On a more serious note, My face is a bit blotchy today, as if I’ve burst some vessels, also my chest a bit. Have not been drinking, don’t think it’s heat related. Any ideas? Obviously I did rage eat out of hypo yesterday but not had this before.

Reactions: hh1

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Has your husbeast not offered his?
I have never been married myself but attended a few weddings and I am sure the vows go something along the lines of
"I, ___, take thee, ___, to be my wedded husband/wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, to cherish, and to loan any of my stuff (including clothes, power tools, kitchen implements and organs), till death do us part, ..."
You know, I think he actually would if it were possible. But he might want some parts in exchange to replace his own rather broken bits. He has an acquired brain injury and a wrist that has literally disintegrated...

Reactions: Kim Possible

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has your husbeast not offered his?
I have never been married myself but attended a few weddings and I am sure the vows go something along the lines of
"I, ___, take thee, ___, to be my wedded husband/wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, to cherish, and to loan any of my stuff (including clothes, power tools, kitchen implements and organs), till death do us part, ..."
I had a similar coversation with my bf. Some time last year he was going through a period of chronic pain because of his clubbed feet. I said in a light hearted way I'll offer you my feet for your pancreas. After seeing him slightly smiling, he said no because he'll fall over with my feet. :hilarious::hilarious: