1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all! Woke up on a happy 5.4 (thanks to food/bolus/food in the night).

Now here I am up, dressed and waiting for furniture which could arrive any time from 7.00 through to 11.15 a.m. I am looking forward to it!

And the new carpet shampooer arrives today - it doesn't have one single bad review. Husband says he'll do the sitting room again, and the hallway. Going to look so much better!

Tutti is in the middle of a tummy upset. Someone gave her something as they went past the gate and dhe's been ill ever since. No one would hurt her on purpose; she's got friends all up and down the road of all ages. The kids in particular adore her. I can imagine some sweet sticky kiddy treat being given to Tutti with love. Makes for a lot of clean-up though......

• Hug Hug x 5
  2. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Good morning, it's going to a scorcher here, so have now decided to get the train to the seaside.
    I had yet another hypo last night before bed, dinner was peppered Macekrel, salad and some Florida coleslaw, some grapes and a yogurt, so now in double figures this morning :rolleyes: Loving my new friend the Libre and happily scanning away:happy:
    Have a great Saturday and safe one out in the heat :)

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Robinredbreast

I hope Tutti get better very soon and sending a big (((HUG))))) her way :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Robinredbreast

Another great pic Karen :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning chaps, first night in range for a week, hurrah! Now I need to decide whether to preempt a foot on the floor that might not happen... out for brunch and then heading into Cardiff for a gig. I’m going to melt!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Robinredbreast

It's supposed to be 30c here today, so off to the coast which should be 25c.
    Have a great time in Cardiff :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Have a lovely time, which part of the coast are you hitting?

I’m hoping the venue has aircon...

8. WuTwo

@Mel dCP Have fun! Remember the extra Glucotabs by the ton! Oh, and have fun :joyful::joyful::joyful:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Am now officiallly on holiday after one of the worst weeks ever in lots of ways, topped off by the drive from Somerset to Cheshire which took way over 5 hours and was horrid. Thank whoever for climate control in cars, at least the temperature was comfortable. Odd to be in a cottage selected for my dog and she's not here; we're on a farm which has ropey access through some narrow gaps between rusty old farm kit and stone walls, although the accommodation's nice when you get there. So I have the luxury of doing whatever I like - including nothing at all - while it's so hot. Have a good weekend all, hoping for no more hypos, and don't get burnt!

• Like Like x 5
    • Hug Hug x 5
  10. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning everyone, glorious, beautiful sunshine, windows open and birds singing.
    Up early 8.0, rage "bloused", back to bed and just got up with 3.6. Loathe glucotabs, just had 2 of them so now I'm going to have a rare treat and make myself some toast. I'm still learning I shouldn't have corrected. Too late now
    Sunscreen and hat ready

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    #17650 SueJB, Jun 29, 2019 at 9:49 AM
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  11. hh1

Just outside a village called Kelsall; do you know it? (Not sure where you are)

• Like Like x 2
  12. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@hh1 I used to live in Chester and Kelsall is close. Hope you get time to visit my home town, it's beautiful

• Like Like x 2
  13. hh1

It's on the list. I've never been and I hear good things; waiting for a slightly cooler day later in the week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. hh1

Thanks Knikki, a forest walk in hot weather would be a good plan; I'll look your way if I find a high enough hill and can figure out where north east is ;)

15. WuTwo

We have furniture! So much comfier than the floor! Dogs like it too. (I put blankies on the bits I know they'll use).

And my new bathbombs arrive today - perfect day for a luxury wallow before dinner:joyful:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Afternoon friends,
    I had a hypo around 6:45 this morning, 3.6 then rose to 6.1. So I went back to bed and now I’m on 5.8 :)
    Absolutely gorgeous afternoon, no tan for me this summer and my mum is going to ask why am I ghostly pale.

• Like Like x 1
  17. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

This is really starting to hack me off now. Just about every morning after my brekkie my BG goes high and stays highish until around 11 am when it starts to drop and by lunchtime its perfect. Happy with that.

Just about every Saturday I have my brekkie and drive to local nature reserve. I then go for a very gentle stroll and do some birdwatching. I am talking about a very very gentle stroll, really taking my time. Almost without fail after bout 30 minutes my BG will drop and drop fairly rapidly, from around 7.5 to around 4 and still heading south. That is despite adjusting my pump to a 20% temp basal.

Today was no exception, so to counter this, I took twice as much carbs as normal. Got up had brekkie with a BG of 5.6. By the time I got to nature reserve about 45 minutes later BG had gone to 9.6. Happy with that. 20 minutes later it drops to 8.2 and heading south. I then set temp basal to 0%. I took about 4 Quality Street to see me through. 10 minutes later its now 7.1, still heading south. A couple more Quality Street and I should be OK. EHHH No. BG now down to 5.1

So despite all the extra carbs for brekkie and a number of choccies my BG has almost come down 50% in under 40 minutes. Of course I am now about 40 mins from car park, so wee bit panic sets in, so time to drink some cola and a handful of jelly babies.
    Back at car and BG is only at 6.7.

This only ever seems to happen on a Saturday morning and only when I go to this nature reserve.

Could I be entering a twilight zone there?????????????????

• Hug Hug x 6
  18. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Two hours of gardening completed before 9am. Waking early was very useful.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Well I felt a sudden drop in my BG as I was waiting for food to be cooked and my eye vision went into 320P. Given that my kitchen was warm and outside was warm - my consultant is going to have his moment in giving me a lecture for that one. I was nibbling on a banana and apple so my vision came back, then food was ready.

20. WuTwo

That doesn't sound so good. Should you report it to your team?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook