Type 1'stars R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys. When injecting into belly why does some parts hurt more than others?
Because diabetes likes to make you squeak unexpectedly, especially when you're trying to inject discreetly in a room full of people.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You know, I think he actually would if it were possible. But he might want some parts in exchange to replace his own rather broken bits. He has an acquired brain injury and a wrist that has literally disintegrated...
Maybe you could rotate depending on planned activities?

Reactions: Kim Possible

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Oh good grief I feel better for eating. That was the most enormous bowlful of chopped veggies (raw), sunflower seeds sprinkled on, lavishly spread with parmegan and then dolloped with walnut oil. A whole 15g carbs but will keep me stuffed until dinner.

Husband did a fantastic job on the carpet but the carpet shampooer died (a Vax one). He has bought another and when it comes he said he'll have another go at the sitting room and the hallway (which gets a lot of wear).

Now I'm going to sit and let lunch go down before facing the disaster zone that used to be my craft room......

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Yeah - I've got some really sweet spots for injections on my upper thighs and stomach. I have to make myself inject elsewhere to keep the rotation going but it's a real temptation some days.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah - I've got some really sweet spots for injections on my upper thighs and stomach. I have to make myself inject elsewhere to keep the rotation going but it's a real temptation some days.
I tend to save the sweet spots for special occasions, a bit like special food :p

Reactions: WuTwo

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Another fine day, another bunch of hypos? I lower my basal in hot weather @Karen9867, but failed to take the next step yesterday - I drop it bit by 0.5 unit bit from winter to summer - and had to stop pulling out weeds at part time job and entertain some jelly babies while equilibrium returned. Maybe a tracking device as well as a libre would be a good summer accessory after all.
Hope Saturday doesn’t see us all on the floor. Feeling very sorry for all teabags in the European Scream weather event!
My pen does half units ive had a terrible morning in work with going low havent even been that busy its like my insulin has 3 times the strength ive ate all kinds and its not bringing it up by much im actually sick of eating

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
My pen does half units ive had a terrible morning in work with going low havent even been that busy its like my insulin has 3 times the strength ive ate all kinds and its not bringing it up by much im actually sick of eating

I know the feeling, the constant juggling act. I sometimes bite the bullet, rather than the jelly babies, and reduce by more than 0.5. Summer/winter difference of 4 units in total, 2 am, 2 pm. It’s the stages in between that can be a bit of a nightmare.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Today's conversation is definitely a Friday conversation ... on a diabetes forum.
Who else would discuss belly sweet spots?

On a different topic - I survived!
My cough/chest infection is officially getting better because I did not kill myself during a spin class.
My plan was to keep the resistance low but keep up with the revs. I got a bit carried away with the resistance. Oooops.

The diabetes bit was challenging - my BG was high when I started. I expected the class to be more stressful than usual. So I didn't reduce my basal like a normal spin class. Then I got carried away and I had a little hypo on the way home.

Umm - Hug, Like and Yaya!!

Reactions: Kim Possible

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

My good news - I worked my fingers to the bone and when he got in he agreed I could have Monday off :joyful::joyful:

He asked why so I told him my house is a tip and if I don't get Monday off it'll get even tippier and I'll be Very Stressed (meaningful stare). He caved.

Last edited:

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This hypo nonsense must be contagious as I have caught it now. Cheeky wee BG of 3.2 around 10.15, this morning, which of course i overate for. And so the rollercoaster began. Rage bolused now heading south at a BG of 4.0. Wheres the jelly beans?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Good morning all
I had to join the hypo gang in the early hours. Alarm woke me up at 4am with a 3.....4 jelly babies sorted that out. Slight change in the basal settings as bloods are around the lower 4s at that time according to Libre and xdrip

@Knikki you let the blouse secret out of the bag now :woot::woot:
@becca59 its really sunny here in South Wales BUT a bit chilly atm...hope you get your bloods to stabilize soon
@Mel dCP rage caked made me lol.....hope you get your bits signed,,,,, well your album signed ;)
@SueJB congrats on getting your BGs to a normal level and not hypoing

Anyone I haven't mentioned.....sorry :)
Haven't hypoed for a while, doing the hyper now so @porl69 don't think that's normal.Hey, don't know what normal is anymore. Very unsettling...if anyone says honeymoon, I'd feel like clocking them
Not a happy hedgehog

Reactions: porl69

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is how ive felt today with these blooming hypos you wouldnt believe what ive ate today even had large donor meat and chips for tea out the chippy only took 5u and you've guessed it down to 2.8 maybe my pancreas has decided to splutter back to life ...i can dream
FB_IMG_1540531916947.jpg

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
you dafty @Knikki you can't wear frocks AND blouses!!!

Depends on the frocks and the blouses, surely? Certainly seen that combination today at work. Twice, now I think about it.

The past couple of days have been full of fantastic moments which have confirmed to me how ready my lot are to move on and start to find their feet in a different place, even if they really don't believe me!

I may need lots of hankies in a couple of weeks time as I send them on their way!