Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I understand your thinking, but an inspection every night when you wash your feet will let you know if anything needs attention and sufficient unto the day works for me. If you get a prescription and never use it (and it's quite likely) that'll be a waste.

I'm not much good at feet advice because I wear Birkenstocks for three seasons out of four and they have never caused a blister. As I said, what I do get is heel cracks and I use the balm because I don't want them to progress to actual splits (painful!)

Someone who wear shoes and socks would likely be of more help - sorry.

Reactions: Delticmatt100

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think I will retime Fiasp again. Given the weather, I'd say 5 mins before food or when good touches my mouth. This is the first time I've experienced Fiasp working so quickly. Usually I have to give it 10 mins or so. I'll ask my DSN on monday for her input because I'm not working with Novorapid anymore. I'm still quite new to Fiasp.
I find the fiasp works almost immediately i inject just as im about to eat or if im low just after ive eaten

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone else melting? Or rolling in their own sweat?

Today's walk was a bit sticky - much nicer when a bit of wind appeared, and the couple of drops of rain (no more), were ever so slightly refreshing. Normally I have chocolate-related things as my food on the go for walks, today it was time for the summer replacement, currently buttermintoes.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I had a great day at the coast, but with quite a few hypo's, so treated them with no major problems.
So I will bid you all goodnight and sleep well, which may be difficult in the heat, as it is still so warm here, well at least it's not raining or high winds :rolleyes:

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
It was 32 degrees here and I still wore a jumper.

Reactions: porl69

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
take care using insulin pens direct from the fridge. They are more likely to get bubbles in and the insulin hurts when injected.
The bubbles shouldn't be a problem, as it's impossible for the to get in the needle. The back of the needle goes past the rubbery part of the penfill, so it goes past possible bubbles stuck at the entrance.
As for "the insulin hurts when injected", that's different for different people. I may feel it a little more when it's cold (easily solved by warming the pen on your body or a minute befoe injecting) but not enough to be a bother. And a lot less of a bother than heating my house at night in winter. I love sleeping in a 4 degree Celsius room, and it saves money too. Only downside is having to warm up the meter before testing.
The 'airshot' is to get the air out of the needle and to check if the needle works. Not to get air out of the penfill.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone,
What a hot and busy day it was yesterday!!
Marking, trip to the tip to get rid of perennial weeds, trip to garden centre to get some perennials, phlox, lupins and asters. Followed by a cycle ride to the hairdresser's and then to the pub for a lovely glass of rose
Too hot to do anything so hope it's a little cooler today.
Have a lovely Sunday and don't forget white rabbits tomorrow

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Awake early again. Tomorrow when the alarm goes off for swim-fit I will be fast asleep no doubt.
So yesterday was an interesting day bloods wise. Had our bbq about 2:30 on a 5.4 Injected 2/3 of my Fiasp. By 6:30 was still only 6.3 so still hadn’t put rest of dose in. 7:30 11.5 so put in 2 units. At 9 o’clock went to bed on a similar number and at midnight 17.2. Talk about a slow rise. Food eaten was meat veg and some french stick. About 90 carbs worth. I know fat can slow down absorption rates but this is just taking the biscuit. Have been level on an 8 now for about 5 hours according to the Libre so the 3 units I stuck in did their job. Sorry for the ramblings. Just talking it through to myself really so I can evaluate. Which I cannot really. Oh well today is another day.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone enjoy whats left of the weekend the ninjas went away on wednesday and i miss them already wont see them for another fortnight as me an tommy go away tuesday so today will be spent packing and repacking

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning all. Got to do the supermarket shopping today - couldn't yesterday as waiting for furniture and we don't like going when it's packed out. I have noticed that when the shops are heaving everyone is bad tempered, so we wait for really quiet times and go then. Most folk are happy and smiley then, and anyway we tend to come across the same faces every week. Friendly.

Today is carry on sorting. It is amazing how much stuff has crawled out from the woodwork, emerged from long closed boxes, and sidled out of cupboards - most of it all wanting a new home. I noticed a bunch of stuff in our bedroom today that can go!

Reactions: hh1 and karen8967

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I'm hoping my dried dandelion root, and dried mugwort will arrive today. They both make good tea (dandelion reduces bloat, and is diuretic so helps me pass the bugs that are still lingering from the uti. Mugwort tea is amazing. Helps with stress, digestion and reportedly with dream retention. I've heard it helps regulate blood sugar but can't swear to it. The old wive's tale passed down to me is that it's good with weight loss but I think that's cos it relieves stress which helps you feel better about yourself. I like tea made with dandelion and chamomile and I know some add marshmallow root to that but I haven't any in the house at the moment.

One other weird thing with mugwort - people use it instead of regular tobacco to um, go in their spliffs (am I allowed to say that here?) Not got the nasties that tobacco has. Pick out the bits of twig etc before using!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning awoke on a steady line of 6.1, really pleased with that especially after yesterday's low's. No sun as yet and staying in today to catch up on chores and I am putting a piece of beef in the slow cooker for dinner tonight.
Happy Sunday

Reactions: hh1 and SueJB
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning everyone,
What a hot and busy day it was yesterday!!
Marking, trip to the tip to get rid of perennial weeds, trip to garden centre to get some perennials, phlox, lupins and asters. Followed by a cycle ride to the hairdresser's and then to the pub for a lovely glass of rose
Too hot to do anything so hope it's a little cooler today.
Have a lovely Sunday and don't forget white rabbits tomorrow

I can't believe it will be July tomorrow :wideyed:

Reactions: porl69

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

We have a much cooler day today, but still dry, which is nice. Good working weather!

Reactions: Robinredbreast

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone.
Dexcom died in the night. 28 days for one sensor, I’m happy with that.:)
I’ll fly solo for a couple of days now, rely instinct, past knowledge and finger pricking.
Off to do diy for my granddaughter soon. 7 yrs old and already telling me what she wants her bedroom to look like.:)
Hope you all stay cooler than yesterday, which shouldn’t be too hard.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends, thank goodnes it is a lot cooler. I have a hypo on waking and a nosebleed. So both entrances are blocked

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I made one extremely delicious roasted chick pea salad again. I am a bit frustrated because my consultant said do different ratios but he gave me whole units Fiasp prefilled pens. I took a unit of Fiasp for my chick pea salad and within an hour, I dropped like a plank. I guess back to Novorapid since thats in a half unit pen?