Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Buttercups season here. I once went for a walk to the pub in sandals through a very buttercuppy field, and ended up with yellow toes.

Nettle season is going strong in our field now. During winter it's easy enough to cross, but after May if you want to go off the paths, better be wearing long and tough clothes.

Lots of nettles along the canal walk today, I had light fabric trousers on and pumps, so quite covered up, sun earlier. but lots of cloud a little later.

Reactions: WuTwo

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My body said no but my heart was like please eat the dessert, every last drop
emoji23.png

.... & I don't see nutting wrong, with a little pump in mind.

You see what you want, no reason why. It can be even bolused for on MDI
So come on waiter, bring the menu here, so maybe spend the night now... Wrestling with a right cow.

But there's nothing wroooong. With the keeping any spikes in mind. ;)

image.jpeg

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I'm sitting here having a hypo at 2 in the morning waiting for madam to get her ar** into gear. Twiddling thumbs, changed avatar. Anyone interested might like to search Wojtek the bear, an interesting but sad story.See you all later

Reactions: kitedoc

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Please tell!

Please post I would like to try it, is it GF ?

I'll post them this afternoon in the Veggie forum and let you guys know that they are there.

I'll pop in the Italian one as well, which is just yummy.

@Robinredbreast - The Italian will be gluten free, but the other two have soy sauce in - Can you get gluten free soy sauce or is it actually gf anyway?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'll post them this afternoon in the Veggie forum and let you guys know that they are there.

I'll pop in the Italian one as well, which is just yummy.

@Robinredbreast - The Italian will be gluten free, but the other two have soy sauce in - Can you get gluten free soy sauce or is it actually gf anyway?

Many thanks, I have gluten free soy sauce at home, years ago I was so surprised at the amount of gluten in everyday foods !

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning from a sunny Hampshire. A new run today and with children with quite a few SEN, so, new driver will be here in about 55 minute, then I have an appointment at hospital with DSN @12pm, to go over my 2 week trial GCM data so a tight schedule today.
Happy Monday folks :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Reactions: karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Robinredbreast it looks like a type of Iris to me but not sure what sort, it would make sense as they are water plants and I think you were walking by the canal? Hope that my assist x

Thank you, we were thinking of a couple of water plants, that grow by water, but couldn't find them online last night,

Reactions: champ200581

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Well - gotta go or I won't be at the officc on time. Oh well, I'll enjoy it when I get there.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, Yet another super sunny morning here in Oxford, a shame in a way as I'm off to my home town of Chester to celebrate my eldest brother's 80th birthday.
Madam is suitably chaste after the tantrum earlier 5.0 at proper getting up time

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
@Robinredbreast the flower is Iris pseodacorus..... a wild iris

It is, that’s the smart name for them, and it’s also called a Flag Iris by people like me who can’t keep all the Latin tags in mind. We have them in the pond and also elsewhere in non watery bits of the garden where they were moved to when the pond lot tried to take over the whole territory. We’ve also got some very pretty Stinking Irises, or foetidissima, also called Roast Beef Plant (why?). And lovely purple Bearded Irises too - thinking about the names now

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning DIABETNAM..

Rocked off the ferry back in Blighty last night.
Woke with what felt like a 2.8er. Hadn't unpacked from the trip but knew I had a bottle of Lucoz in a bag with the dog stuff.

Reaching in for the fluorescent orange container, I'd placed my hands on a complimentary dog treat bag that came with the cabin. Which happened to be the same colour with the blurred vision.
Necked what looked like a Danish pastry my wife must have got on the ferry, then found the bottle in another carrier bag.

Testing threw up 11.5mmol.. Noticing the sticky residue from the pastry on my fingers & tranfered to the meter casing. A quick hand wash came back a 3.1. Yep, always wash the Danny Dan's.

Seems like the nice weather followed me back too? Happy daze..

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all from sunny South Wales :)
Woke to a nice 4.6 and now on a nice straight 6.1......please keep going straight

@SueJB love the Wojtek and the story behind him :)

Going for a quick mooch around the forum to see whats happening :)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
In the name of all those who are hole-y (us mostly) I have had three trains cancelled so am still on a platform rather Than in my meeting!