Type 2 Life

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Oh yeah but having the little one come and stay seems to have settled the older one down. They are sharing a room so theres no more feet in my back in the middle of the night :)
Lol that's always a bonus! The older one reminds me of when I was little - there's just over 18 months between me and my little brother and when he was born I wanted to be little mummy and "help" mum look after him!

Reactions: 2 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thats her to a T. I include her with everything to do with her sister and we havnt had any problems which is great as shes not known for sharing her nana with anyone, not even her grand dad.

Reactions: 8 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Don't forget everyone to put your clocks forward by 1 hour. Those who live in the UK. @mo53 you better get yourself to bed now!! :) Before I go to bed, I am having crackerwheats and cheese and fingers crossed my fasting will be in the 5's!

Last edited by a moderator:

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Don't forget everyone to put your clocks forward by 1 hour. Those who live in the UK. @mo53 you better get yourself to bed now!! :) Before I go to bed, I am having crackerwheats and cheese and fingers crossed my fasting will be in the 5's!
Hi @liam1955
As usual we are back the front over here. We put ours back an hour next week but you did remind me

Reactions: 4 people
P

paula.nolan42

@liam1955 hi there :) I spent Friday cleaning the carpet in the living room - my poor back suffered - I've spent today rearranging the furniture - spring cleaning is almost complete - I had my iPhone wiped due to the latest update :banghead: but customer support is based in County Cork so that was all good ;) - I'm wide awake at almost 4am - I have an odd popping in my ear that's driving me bonkers :bigtears: and my feet and legs feel like someone's doing voodoo on me - I'll sleep late if I sleep at all

Have a happy Easter Sunday everyone...

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My good news for today is I just got my blood test results and my HbA1c is down to 43 - that's another 10 down from last time :happy:

I'm just coming up to my annual review tests and am wondering what - if any change - I'm going to see in my HbA1c. I'm sure it won't be as good a change as you've achieved!

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all. I got some slightly different results this morning - I weighed myself and I've lost 3 pounds in the last week but my FBG was 7.1!? Hope everyone has a lovely day, whether you celebrate Easter or not

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@mo53 - Well Done on your 5.9 bet you are really pleased:p Mine would have been lower as I did have my crackers and cheese at 11.30pm. But, watched the Indiana Jones Film and I ate more chocolate Bunny!!!
Happy Easter Sunday - have a fab day with your family. :)William x

Reactions: 6 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@paula.nolan42 - Happy Easter Sunday. Your a busy little bee with your spring cleaning - have a day of rest and relax today.:)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Diamum5972 - Happy Easter Sunday and hope your 'snifles' have gone! Well Done on your 3lb loss.:)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@13lizanne - Anna, Have a fantastic Easter Sunday with all your loved ones around you today.:) William xx

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@ickihun - Vicky - Happy Easter Sunday to you and your Family. When I watch films, like to nibble on chocolate - can't help it! Have a lovely day.:) William x

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Happy Easter dear William, have a day filled with love and Blessings Just enjoy the food and chocolate - you deserve it @liam1955

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Enjoy you Easter. I have had my first day on 1400cals and I fell like I have swallowed a brick Spent the day trying to work up my diet for the week but started the day with a beautiful mixed berry , yoghurt and milk smoothie. I had forgotten how nice they are

Reactions: 7 people

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
Hi @julieemma and @TracyC our friend @liam asked me to share what I eat on my version of low carbohydrate high fat diet. I think of the fats as being healthy fats I.e butter, olive oil, and the fats found in natural foods e.g meat, nuts etc. When I started the two things I found most helpful were:- a thread on the low Carb Diet Forum here called Viv's Modified Atkins Diet and a website www.dietdoctor.com have a look at these and come back on and ask any questions you have and one of us lchf ers will answer. Good luck ladies

Just popped in to say that website is fantastic, thank you so much for that!

Reactions: 11 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @liam1955 . Hope you are having a super Easter. We have been down to the harbour in the sunshine and out for lunch. I hope you and your partner are having a lovely day. Hugs mo. Ps I had a text from my son who has arrived in China. :)

Reactions: 8 people