Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Hi, and a very lovely afternoon to you from PC No 2 at Tate South Lambeth Public Library,

I'm 10 days abstinent from cigarettes now. My fasting blood glucose reading this morning was 5.4 millimoles per litre.For my lunch I had a Sainsbury's Basics 90 pence spaghetti bolagnese ready meal. My blood glucose just now was 7.9 millimoles per litre.

I feel so happy to be quit from smoking.

Have a nice day. It's nice and sunny in South London.

Love from

Johnny Baker. x X x.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Lidl need to start delivering. Ha ha
Mr ickihun has gone with his mate instead as very very cold and off and on snow. Bless him.
I'm sleeping a lot whilst I get used to new tablet.
I used to use tesco. They are very good. Thanks for reminder. Maybe spending less than minimum order thou.
I have been using Tesco for a long time they are very supportive and if I have had to make a complaint which is very rare they have always compensated me with money off next time I could not cope without them.

Reactions: ickihun

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I have been put on a double perindapril was taking 2 x 2 mg tablets in the morning but they made me feel very light headed and not right at all. Phoned doctor and now take a 2mg in the morning and 2mg in the evening both 30 mins before food But my weight has sord how can I counteract it can you help please.x

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I have been put on a double perindapril was taking 2 x 2 mg tablets in the morning but they made me feel very light headed and not right at all. Phoned doctor and now take a 2mg in the morning and 2mg in the evening both 30 mins before food But my weight has sord how can I counteract it can you help please.x
Do you already take metformin?

Reactions: Liam1955

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Do you already take metformin?
No doctor took me off in December I asked why and he said your blood reading for HBA1C is 50 and should be 53 I asked what the old reading is he said we don't do it that way anymore don't worry about it.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No doctor took me off in December I asked why and he said your blood reading for HBA1C is 50 and should be 53 I asked what the old reading is he said we don't do it that way anymore don't worry about it.
That's frightening Pre Diabetic levels are deemed to be 42-48

In old money 53 is 7%. I am down to 40, and not satisfied with that, still on metformin - my insistance.
I do not understand a Dr who want the patient to remain diabetic, and increase the BS toxicity.
Sorry if it were my Dr the challenge would be simple. I would insist that when I went into theatre to have my foot removed that Dr losses theirs too

D

debrasue

Hi, and a very lovely afternoon to you from PC No 2 at Tate South Lambeth Public Library,

I'm 10 days abstinent from cigarettes now. My fasting blood glucose reading this morning was 5.4 millimoles per litre.For my lunch I had a Sainsbury's Basics 90 pence spaghetti bolagnese ready meal. My blood glucose just now was 7.9 millimoles per litre.

I feel so happy to be quit from smoking.

Have a nice day. It's nice and sunny in South London.

Love from

Johnny Baker. x X x.
Excellent results all round, Johnny - you are a winner! Hugs x

D

debrasue

I'll be with one crutch and alone, hopefully. I'll borrow @Liam1955 's partner and @eldergarth Ron's partner as muscle to pick me off the floor if a gang of us turns up! Ha ha
Poor York will never be the same again once we hit it. Ha ha
I'm excited too. We deserve to meet our diabetic buddies who bring such comfort in bad (and good) times.
@debrasue can you make the 28th march, commitment wise?
I'm going to have to sit this one out, hun - I'll PM you...
I will be with you all in spirit, though - maybe we could Skype or do FaceTime...!!

Reactions: Liam1955

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
That's frightening Pre Diabetic levels are deemed to be 42-48

In old money 53 is 7%. I am down to 40, and not satisfied with that, still on metformin - my insistance.
I do not understand a Dr who want the patient to remain diabetic, and increase the BS toxicity.
Sorry if it were my Dr the challenge would be simple. I would insist that when I went into theatre to have my foot removed that Dr losses theirs too
So I should ask to go back on metformin do you think.My kidnets are not filtering well that is why I am on second perindapril. If my readings are nit low enough why would he have took off metformin ?

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
So I should ask to go back on metformin do you think.My kidnets are not filtering well that is why I am on second perindapril. If my readings are nit low enough why would he have took off metformin ?
Hello, none of us on the forum can answer questions about decisions your Doctor has made for you M perhaps you should make an appointment and ask your GP these questions?

Reactions: Motherhen2014

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Hello there to all my friends on www.diabetes.co.uk and a very good morning to you from PC No 3 at Tate South Lambeth Public Library near to where my council flat is where I live,

I am now 11 days without cigarettes! I slipped up on my impeccable no sugar routine by having a mug of tea with 2 sugars and a mug of coffee with 2 sugars this morning. I also ate a devil-carbs pepperoni pizza so I have to go back to cutting out a lot of the devil carbs and using Sucralose Sweetener Tablets in my tea and coffee and drinking a lot of tap water again.

The computers fascinate me. I like to log on to my favourite websites and favourite forums and favourite social media websites to learn about others and memorise statistics that I read online.

Have a nice day, stress free and lovely within.

Lots of love from Johnny Baker x X x.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hello there to all my friends on www.diabetes.co.uk and a very good morning to you from PC No 3 at Tate South Lambeth Public Library near to where my council flat is where I live,

I am now 11 days without cigarettes! I slipped up on my impeccable no sugar routine by having a mug of tea with 2 sugars and a mug of coffee with 2 sugars this morning. I also ate a devil-carbs pepperoni pizza so I have to go back to cutting out a lot of the devil carbs and using Sucralose Sweetener Tablets in my tea and coffee and drinking a lot of tap water again.

The computers fascinate me. I like to log on to my favourite websites and favourite forums and favourite social media websites to learn about others and memorise statistics that I read online.

Have a nice day, stress free and lovely within.

Lots of love from Johnny Baker x X x.
Hope that you enjoy a stress free, lovely day too Johnny, well done on being 11 days free of cigarettes

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not medically qualified to answer that. But hitting the NICE targets http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/blood-sugar-level-ranges.html would bring you way down from 50. If it were me, I would ignore his wanting your HbA1c to rise. Any underlying medical conditions aside, sub 50, and even sub 40 can be achieved by diet alone. That is not to say you can achieve it, even if someone else can. The label T2DM seems to be misleading, as we all seem to have our very own variant of the **** thing

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hello there, my good friends, and a very good afternoon to you,

I am back at Tate South Lambeth Public Library on PC No 3 after coming here this morning.

I managed to commit to my vow in my earlier post about keeping the devil carbs to a minimum and going back to Sucralose Sweetener Tablets. I had 2 mugs of coffee with 2 Sucralose Sweetener Tablets in each and some glasses of tap water which were approximately 3-4. I'm sitting here on PC No 3 and there's some very naughty people standing just outside the main entrance smoking cigarettes and the smell hit me. My autistic-style sensory sensitivity is coming back now so strong smells affect me more. I've been 11 days quit and I have no intentions of returning to this filthy habit. My council flat is still a smoke free environment and I feel happier that I don't have the burden of cigarette smoking.

Have a lovely day, my special friends.

Lots of love,

From,

Johnny Baker x X x.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I am not medically qualified to answer that. But hitting the NICE targets http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/blood-sugar-level-ranges.html would bring you way down from 50. If it were me, I would ignore his wanting your HbA1c to rise. Any underlying medical conditions aside, sub 50, and even sub 40 can be achieved by diet alone. That is not to say you can achieve it, even if someone else can. The label T2DM seems to be misleading, as we all seem to have our very own variant of the **** thing
Thank you for your replies I must say I have been worried I have a sweet tooth and am fighting it.I was concerned as he won't let me test my blood so I have no way of knowing what my blood is and I am on warfarin as I am suffer of clots. I will get an appointment and talk to him about testing and blood readings and get a fuller picture.xx Thank goodness for this forum. One question if I want to go low carb what is the first thing I should change as I tried to do too much in one go last time....so I think a slow approach is better. x thank you for your help xx

D

debrasue

Hello there, my good friends, and a very good afternoon to you,

I am back at Tate South Lambeth Public Library on PC No 3 after coming here this morning.

I managed to commit to my vow in my earlier post about keeping the devil carbs to a minimum and going back to Sucralose Sweetener Tablets. I had 2 mugs of coffee with 2 Sucralose Sweetener Tablets in each and some glasses of tap water which were approximately 3-4. I'm sitting here on PC No 3 and there's some very naughty people standing just outside the main entrance smoking cigarettes and the smell hit me. My autistic-style sensory sensitivity is coming back now so strong smells affect me more. I've been 11 days quit and I have no intentions of returning to this filthy habit. My council flat is still a smoke free environment and I feel happier that I don't have the burden of cigarette smoking.

Have a lovely day, my special friends.

Lots of love,

From,

Johnny Baker x X x.
Well done, Johnny!

Reactions: tina_marie

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Motherhen2014 - Hello :). You ought to be testing now! More so being a sweet toothed person, you can then see how high your blood sugars go's.
They are the first thing to go = Sweets.
If you weren't offered a meter at your initial Review/Diagnoses , can't see you getting one.
I can post the websites for 2 Blood Glucose Meters that are popular with members on here.

Reactions: tina_marie
D

debrasue

Thank you for your replies I must say I have been worried I have a sweet tooth and am fighting it.I was concerned as he won't let me test my blood so I have no way of knowing what my blood is and I am on warfarin as I am suffer of clots. I will get an appointment and talk to him about testing and blood readings and get a fuller picture.xx Thank goodness for this forum. One question if I want to go low carb what is the first thing I should change as I tried to do too much in one go last time....so I think a slow approach is better. x thank you for your help xx
When you say your GP won't let you test your bloods, do you just mean that he won't prescribe the meter and testing strips? If that's the case, then most of us are in the same position in that respect, but we choose to buy the equipment and fund it ourselves.
Speaking entirely from a personal point of view, I prefer to test my bloods because that's the only way I can keep track of the foods I can and can't safely eat. My GP won't prescribe the testing equipment and says I don't need to test, but I am currently med-free and would like to stay that way for as long as possible, so I'm going to continue to test to make sure I stay on the right track.