Type 2 Life

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmm, I wonder if it works with pasta too? Interesting......
I used to cook pasta with a splash of olive oil, as I was told it extracted some of the starch, then rinsed with boiling water. I haven't gone near pasta bar the odd spoonful since I was diagnosed, but I think that idea was a load of old..............

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
This is wonderful news to hear! I'm so happy for you. I was beginning to worry about all your illnesses, prayer does help. There's several people on this forum I light a prayer-candle for. This makes me very happy. Much love to you, lovely @ickihun. From Johnny xXx.
I definitely believe your prayers worked. A friend of mine received similiar good news. We are both delighted. :)
Thank you @autisticwonder1970 . ;)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I got the all clear today from GP. No more heart concerns. I could jump for joy. I saw a few patients no way as lucky. They were all slim, which surprised me. Mind u when your ill you lose weight, right?
Exercise will be my saving grace. Just need my asthma under control then I can breath enough to swim. Walking without distress would be nice too.
Asthma treatment being changed and insulin on friday too. He's me looking to a peaceful weekend. You?
Well done! It could be the bisoprolol that's causing, or aggravating, your asthma.

D

debrasue

I used to cook pasta with a splash of olive oil, as I was told it extracted some of the starch, then rinsed with boiling water. I haven't gone near pasta bar the odd spoonful since I was diagnosed, but I think that idea was a load of old..............
I was always told that the olive oil trick was to stop it from sticking together. (Didn't really seem to make much difference.)

D

debrasue

I got the all clear today from GP. No more heart concerns. I could jump for joy. I saw a few patients no way as lucky. They were all slim, which surprised me. Mind u when your ill you lose weight, right?
Exercise will be my saving grace. Just need my asthma under control then I can breath enough to swim. Walking without distress would be nice too.
Asthma treatment being changed and insulin on friday too. He's me looking to a peaceful weekend. You?
Great news, hun! :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well done! It could be the bisoprolol that's causing, or aggravating, your asthma.
I remember you saying. Thank you. You are a godsend. Asthma nurse has me on long acting reliever now and next month going on long acting steriod preventer from regular one. I still cannot swim. :( I coped without sleep longer yesterday but I'm exhausted today.
GP nodded when I suspected my symptoms as side affects. I forgot to ask if anything to do with mild heart disease. I only went for thyroid and cholesterol results. Cholesterol up now to 4.9 due to less activity and birthday carbs lately. GP happy with 4.9. I told him that's pre statin. We discussed last spring/summer it was 3.2 with no statin in sight. If it goes too low I'll stop statin. Statin is part of heart disease treatment. Only diabetes can be causing heart disease as I've been overweight all my life. It would be horrendeous after 40+yrs.
I read somewhere that those who have underactive thyroid tend to have good cholesterol.
Maybe there's a link scientist are missing. I don't know if kelp helps lower cholesterol but definitely interfers with thyroid function.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I was always told that the olive oil trick was to stop it from sticking together. (Didn't really seem to make much difference.)
I've never reheated a pasta dish and tested either. I think might go rubbery!?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Feeling dehydrated from the night sweats. Guess what? I forgot to buy rehydration powders. Best get up and drink myself hydrated again. I don't feel hypo thou, which is a bonus.

Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Another round of desensitizing Ron's back done .

Reactions: debrasue

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Dare we ask what you're doing to him.....?
Ron says I'm killing him. I looked up things you have to use and at the moment were on tissues . I have to drag it across his back on the sensitive and none sensitive areas . I only do it for about ten minutes. I have him in tears it's that bad . His appointment came today for the tens machine clinic and if he can't tolerate what I'm doing the machine isn't going to be any good . The nurse we saw Monday was a different nurse than we saw last time . She wouldn't give him morphine as she said Ron would become to dependant on meds and other alternatives have to be looked into .

Reactions: TooManyCrisps
D

debrasue

Ron says I'm killing him. I looked up things you have to use and at the moment were on tissues . I have to drag it across his back on the sensitive and none sensitive areas . I only do it for about ten minutes. I have him in tears it's that bad . His appointment came today for the tens machine clinic and if he can't tolerate what I'm doing the machine isn't going to be any good . The nurse we saw Monday was a different nurse than we saw last time . She wouldn't give him morphine as she said Ron would become to dependant on meds and other alternatives have to be looked into .
poor Ron... but what on earth would he do without you supporting him, Tina!?!

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my lovely, important-to-Johnny Baker www.diabetes.co.uk's Type 2 Life friends,

I'm so sorry that I haven't logged on recently. Went shopping with my Carer yesterday and bought Lee, Ioanna and I plenty of food.

My blood glucose after taking my morning prescriptive medication was a very healthy 4.6 Millimoles Per Litre.

Yesterday, I ate a tin of reduced salt sweet corn kernels, several bowls of Weetabix with semi-skimmed UHT milk and sugar, baked beans on toast for breakfast and several mugs of coffee and a few glasses of water.

Have a lovely day, my dear friends.

Lots of love always and forever from Johnny Baker xXx.

A sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Psychotic Depression.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I've just had my lunch of a tin of vegetable soup, which I opened, poured it into a soup bowl, and warmed in my 700-watt capacity microwave oven for 3 minutes. It was very nice indeed, and was donated to me for my survival by the Vauxhall food bank, courtesy of a lovely doctor who provided the food voucher which was red and had my name, date of birth and with the "low income" box ticked. The 2 volunteers, 2 Christians, Derek and Jennifer had a chat with me and said a beautiful prayer from their hearts for my Asperger Syndrome and related things wrong with me. They also provided a full English breakfast. Lovely, gentle people. Plus the general public, thanks for their generosity in donating the food.

Mid-morning I had a mug of instant coffee and a few rollies.

Lots of love from Johnny xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Afternoon, my lovely, benevolent friends on Type 2 Life,

I'm very well indeed. My blood glucose readings after administering orally my morning prescriptive medications were 5.5, 6.9 and 5.2 all at different times. I haven't eaten anything yet but I have ingested several mugs of instant coffee with semi-skimmed milk and 2 sugars in each.

Many blessings and lots of love to each and every one of you from Johnny xXx.