Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
This evening, I took my 1000mg of metformin, 4 mg of doxazosin, 200 mg of carbamazepine, 80 mg of atorvastatin and two 5 mg bisacodyl tablets and ate a roast lamb, minimal roast potatoes, peas, carrots and gravy ready meal. I've also got a meeting at the mental health team on 30th May 2018 to do my support plan and care plan for my warden-controlled flat with a concierge which is what my care coordinator and social care resettlement officer are applying for.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger's Syndrome, insulin-resistant type 2 diabetes mellitus and Adult ADHDxXx.

Reactions: heh

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
After two hours at hospital Ron finally has a diagnoses of M.E. with fibromialgia thrown in for good measure . I have one very happy hubby .
I'm so happy that @eldergarth has found out his diagnosis, my friend, @tina_marie. Prayers in abundance that his resilience may improve and that he has the best quality of life possible. That's my wish and my prayer because @eldergarth deserves that after all his agonising angst and suffering. I pray that Jesus, with the help of the doctors and nurses, can make him feel better.

Reactions: ickihun

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Johnny

All fine here, thank you. Well it is for me. Alan (other half) has to go for a CT colonoscopy on 4th June and then for a lumbar facet injection on 8th June, he is certainly getting value from the NHS at the moment :D

Glad to hear you are having a meeting with your mental health team, I hope you get things sorted.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi Johnny

All fine here, thank you. Well it is for me. Alan (other half) has to go for a CT colonoscopy on 4th June and then for a lumbar facet injection on 8th June, he is certainly getting value from the NHS at the moment :D

Glad to hear you are having a meeting with your mental health team, I hope you get things sorted.
Prayers going out for your husband Alan for his treatment procedures to go smoothly and have a very positive outcome. Yes, it is good news about my meeting, it looks very promising doesn't it? I'm praising Jesus all the way. I'm hoping the Panel approve my referral so I'm relying on their mercy, understanding and grace. Oh, and praying to and trusting in Jesus for a reprieve to my situation!

Reactions: woldsway and heh

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Shattered this evening so off to bed. Lots to update you with Johnny but will do after my gp appointment tomorrow.
Nite nite, sleep tight! :)

Reactions: heh

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Shattered this evening so off to bed. Lots to update you with Johnny but will do after my gp appointment tomorrow.
Nite nite, sleep tight! :)
Nighty-night, @ickihun, sleep tight.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
It is now Eight minutes past Four in the afternoon on Thursday 24th May 2018 and I've just arrived home after Matthew took me swimming at Clapham Manor Leisure Centre where I swam 16 lengths of Breast Stroke!

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Excellent swim, Johnny. That always gets my blood sugar down - but then I get hungry, so...

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It is now Eight minutes past Four in the afternoon on Thursday 24th May 2018 and I've just arrived home after Matthew took me swimming at Clapham Manor Leisure Centre where I swam 16 lengths of Breast Stroke!
Wow. That's a brilliant swim. :) :) :)
Little one is off school again. So back to Dr's tomorrow to check for any remnants of scarlet fever. His temperature keeps flaring up, still.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Friday 25th May 2018 2:32 pm

Blood sugar:- 9.3 mmol/L.

What I've eaten today:-

3 each one halved Jamaican Bully Beef Sarnies

Made from:-

6 slices of Kingsmill Soft White Bread
1 can of corned beef
1 chopped onion
Finely ground black pepper

I had each sandwich at different times of today plus 6 mugs of decaf instant coffee with Longlife full cream UHT milk and 2 teaspoonfuls of granulated sugar each.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Excellent swim, Johnny. That always gets my blood sugar down - but then I get hungry, so...
I get hungry, too, @ickihun, my lovely, sweet friend. Or appearing hungry. I think it's emotional eating caused by losing my mum and sister. I don't know why I get so worked up about it. My bible tells me they're in the heavenly realms, their souls are. and that one day the good Lord will reconcile me to them. I worry about you and Debra and @13lizanne too even though Jesus told us not to worry. I ate a lot today and now I'm feeling guilty and sad. But I know Jesus loves me and died for me so I trust in him.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Friday 25th May 2018 2:32 pm

Blood sugar:- 9.3 mmol/L.

What I've eaten today:-

3 each one halved Jamaican Bully Beef Sarnies

Made from:-

6 slices of Kingsmill Soft White Bread
1 can of corned beef
1 chopped onion
Finely ground black pepper

I had each sandwich at different times of today plus 6 mugs of decaf instant coffee with Longlife full cream UHT milk and 2 teaspoonfuls of granulated sugar each.
Sugar?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My friend from back in 1993 when I was living in East Finchley in North London who I still know and lives in Kennington brought me some bacon, chicken escalopes in breadcrumbs, 1 kilo of sugar today as a Present and yesterday he brought me a little second hand CD player with a digital clock and a radio on it.

Today I've drunk decaffeinated instant coffees with milk and 2 sugars each and have eaten a bacon butty.

My blood sugar at 10:50 in the morning on Sunday 27th May 2018 was 11.3.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
No swim yet but on my way to see MSK at hospital. Hoping something good will be started for my back/pelvis and leg problem. Wish me luck?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
No swim yet but on my way to see MSK at hospital. Hoping something good will be started for my back/pelvis and leg problem. Wish me luck?
Good Luck to you with prayers for a resolution to your back/pelvis/leg ailments, my dear @ickihun.

I'm seeing my care coordinator and a supported housing referrals representative tomorrow at 2 pm to compile my support and care plans that list everything from my low motivation through insulin-resistant type 2 diabetes mellitus to my musculoskeletal disorder.

My lower back has been really painful today but I've been relieving it with ibuprofen gel.

So far today I ate sandwiches after knocking together some ground up corned beef with chopped raw onion and garlic pepper and onion granules and making sandwiches with it with brown bread.

Prayers in abundance to you, dear @ickihun, for your appointment.

Lots of love,
Johnny xXx.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good Luck to you with prayers for a resolution to your back/pelvis/leg ailments, my dear @ickihun.

I'm seeing my care coordinator and a supported housing referrals representative tomorrow at 2 pm to compile my support and care plans that list everything from my low motivation through insulin-resistant type 2 diabetes mellitus to my musculoskeletal disorder.

My lower back has been really painful today but I've been relieving it with ibuprofen gel.

So far today I ate sandwiches after knocking together some ground up corned beef with chopped raw onion and garlic pepper and onion granules and making sandwiches with it with brown bread.

Prayers in abundance to you, dear @ickihun, for your appointment.

Lots of love,
Johnny xXx.
I've arrived too early so sitting using free WiFi and it's very peaceful in out-patients.
Will catch up on my forum friendly interaction.
Kids are off for 2wks so keeping them busy is a task. Decided to go to appointment alone. Well all my appointments are normally on my own. However Mr ickihun will come to see bariatric surgeon, when I get his appointment. (He is honoured, ha ha).
Hope everyone is well.
I'm looking forward to Friday weigh-in as I steady on 2 of the 500mg long acting metformin since last week.
I feel I've lost something more than 0.50kgs on weighing myself this morning. I'm still desperate for a new bathroom floor. Scales still temperamental on current floor and kids have swiped the board I was using.
Must get new flooring soon.

Its very muggy here so sweating after my walk into hospital waiting area.
Off to find some cold water to rehydrate.
I hope I have plenty to tell once this 2nd appointment is over.
I need to know what exactly is the problem and if scatica from bulging discs or pelvis involved, or not. I need a diagnosis.

Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Hope all is going well @ickihun, Ron's not had such a good one. The constant pain and muscle weakness is causing him to have less and less sleep. Tonight not sure what brought it on but he's had to use his G.T.N. spray . He's also been having random nose bleeds. Also all day he's had what he calls brain fog symptom. Ron's now in bed not sure how long that will last. Hope you all had a good bank holiday weekend.