Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
My blood glucose at 11:01 antemeridian British Summer Time is a very good, healthy 5.8 millimoles per litre.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I ate a Sainsbury's Basics spaghetti bolognese ready meal for my lunch and ate 1 large bowl of bran flakes with laughing cow full-cream long-life UHT milk afterwards and my blood glucose now at 2:56 postmeridian British Summer Time is 10.7 millimoles per litre.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good Morning, my dear, lovely friend, @ickihun, My £800.00+ rent arrears has now been paid, in full, by my corporate appointee, Andrew, and an indefinite standing order has been put in place to cover future rent instalments as and when they're due. And also, I no longer receive income-related employment and support allowance, housing benefit and council tax support. Andrew pays my full rent and full council tax as my savings at the client affairs office, Lambeth, for vulnerable adults, is enough. I declared it to the department for work and pensions and the housing/benefit/council tax support department because I thought that was the honest and Christlike thing to do when my savings went over the threshold. My DLA/PIP is still being paid, however, because that isn't if I'm correct, means-tested.

My intercostal muscle sprain/bruising and musculoskeletal pain is still very sore, however, but I had an impeccable blood glucose reading, just now, 9:47 antemeridian, British Summer Time, today, Friday 11th May 2018 in the Christian Era, of 6.3 millimoles per litre.

Lots of love and prayers, @JohnnyBaker12021970, a Sufferer of Asperger's Syndrome and tendencies of Adult ADHD xXx.
You are a very decent and honest man which will be rewarded Johnny.
Are you still taking ibuprofen?

Edited by a Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@JohnnyBaker12021970 Glad to hear your rent has been sorted.
I have been very busy at work this week and I'm going in tomorrow until 1pm as the work we are doing atm has a deadline on Tuesday. After work we're going away in the motorhome for the night for a well deserved night away.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ron seemed to be much more at ease when we came out of hospital . It was like someone had lifted a heavy burden from our shoulders . All Ron ever wanted was a diagnoses . This afternoon he has slept for 3 hours , and I've now help in back into bed . He's wacked . As you say we can now put our energies into relaxing and a new chapter in our lives . X
I'm just so thankful Derby could see what other hospital couldn't.
Fresh eyes I guess.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
You are a very decent and honest man which will be rewarded Johnny.
Are you still taking ibuprofen?

Edited by a Mod.
My personality attributes are something my beautiful Finchley parents accept full accreditation for, my wonderful friend, @ickihun. Both my Mum and my Dad always brought me up to impart to others the pure unpainted truth and to not be subject to using obscene language. A lot of my offline "associations" do have bad "habits" and in the past, if I'm honest, I believe they've rubbed off on me. I meditate on the Words of 1 Corinthians 15 where St Paul tells us that "...bad associations spoil useful habits..." My worst habit that I've acquired from my "associations" is eating cold baked beans out of a can. My mum, dad, sister, cousins, uncles, aunties, nephew and grandparents wouldn't have done this "common" and vulgar exercise. Rather, they would have opened the can with a good can opener, and poured the contents into a saucepan and heated them and poured them on to a plate with toast on it and eat baked beans or spaghetti in tomato sauce on toast. Then, before eating, all crockery, cutlery,and utensils would be washed, rinsed and put back in our wallpaper-lined cupboards. People with moderate to severe autism spectrum disorders, like I have, are very impressionable due to their tendency to mimick "influential people" and they have inherent difficulty "discerning between positive and negative influences".

My fasting blood glucose reading, now, at 7:25 antemeridian British Summer Time on Saturday 12th May 2018 in the Christian Era was 8.6 millimoles per litre. Last night, I cooked and ate a lentil and cannelloni bean dhal with chopped onion, garlic, 1 teaspoonful of mild curry powder, 1 teaspoonful of onion granules, 1 teaspoonful of garlic pepper, 1 teaspoonful of dried thyme, 1 pinch of salt, 1 can of plum tomatoes and a little boiled water. It was wonderful!

Reactions: Petaluk

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Morning, Friends,

I've been a bit naughty recently and have been drinking high-glucose decaffeinated coffees with 3 sugars in each. Max came around this morning at my request because of my loneliness feelings and feeling isolated and was in a very funny mood, squeezing me and trying to encourage me into going to a naturist massage parlour and sauna which I don't want to do, because of my upbringing and views of nudity related to my Christian faith.

I administered all my prescriptive medication and my blood glucose reading at 10:37 antemeridian British Summer time on today, Monday 14th May 2018 in the Christian Era was 13.0 millimoles per litre.

My lower back pain is aching, plus my intercostal muscles just below my rib cage on my right-hand side.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger's Syndrome with some tendencies of Adult ADHD xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good evening, my friends,

My carer went shopping for me today and so far I've eaten a bowl of bran flakes with skimmed goat's milk, two spaghetti bolognese ready meals at two different times of the day, 3 ham sandwiches and some cottage cheese. My blood sugar at 5:40pm was 13.8. The bread in the sandwiches was crusty brown bread.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I believe a lot of my eating is emotional comfort eating to help with my low-self esteem. It gives me solace food does. Matthew is taking me swimming on Thursday in the morning.

Reactions: nomoredonuts

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
Tina_marie - You my find that your husband manages himself a bit better once the diagnosis have set in and he settles into it.

I've only known one person, personally, who had an ME diagnosis, over 10 years ago. At that point, it was referred to a "Yuppy Flu". She had a similar battle to you guys in terms of arriving at a diagnosis - She used to have to go from Warwickshire to London to see her Consultant, as he was about the only one who accepted the condition existed!

She spent a long time, trying to be as normal as possible, and constantly just exhausting herself and getting upset. Once her condition had settled a little, she was more able, mentally, to allow herself to manage it with resting and so on. She no longer felt she had to fight it with every breath, but to accept that she needed to save her energy for the things she wanted to do, and not fritter it away.

She definitely used to live and manage herself, using The Spoons Theory: https://butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

Funnily enough, I ran into her in Sainsbury's a few months ago, and she has healed quite a bit. She never has got back to work (she was a nursing Sister, but worked for, and loved working for The Blood Transfusion Service), but she is now far more active and has a relatively normal life, provided she managres her "quota of spoons" (see the link),

Hopefully some of the energy you and he have heavily invested in getting a diagnosis can be diverted into some form of relaxation or enjoyment.

Edited to correct some shockingly bad typos!
I have chronic fatigue syndrome as well as t2 diabetes. As you said, it was only when I took it seriously and started resting that my life improved.

Reactions: heh and DCUKMod

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
I just want to sneak in a bit of me, me, me, here, so bear with me...
I posted a blog in February down there where few members go and wanted a more public update in the hope it might inspire anyone else on a temporary downer.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog/nomoredonuts.271833/

My HbA1c results came in today at a remarkable 39. ( If you haven't read the blog, I've had a string of 7's, 8's and 9's). I must have turned it round with a couple of months worth of gardening , walking and water. I was dreading this result and it seems I had nothing to worry about.
Thanks for your patience. NMD.

Reactions: Shahnaz2357 and heh

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
I have chronic fatigue syndrome as well as t2 diabetes. As you said, it was only when I took it seriously and started resting that my life improved.
And @tina_marie Way back in 1994 I was diagnosed with M.E. after a battery of tests. After diagnosis, I was (like Ron) relieved to at least have a label. The early years was simply never giving in for a single day and focusing on some sort of gentle exercise with plenty of rest. @Angelofthemarches , I too taught in Buckinghamshire - the strain of which may well have brought on the illness. Since then each job I've had (teaching/chef) has eventually brought on minor setbacks.
Bizarrely in recent years after T2, I have had boundless energy, I'm able to garden all day, drive to Barcelona, walk for three hours round Cornwall and generally assume I've moved past M.E.
Hoping to inspire both of you. xx (manly hug for Ron).

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Dear Type 2 Life Friends,

I've just got home from South Lambeth Road Practice where I had my Smoking Cessation/DiabetichbA1c Review. My Diabetic hbA1c was a bit high and concerning standing at 7.8 and my systolic blood pressure was a bit elevated, too. The Nurse called a Lady GP through and she's put me on an extra Metformin 1000 mg so I have to take that tablet twice a day now plus an extra tablet for my High Blood Pressure. With regards to my Smoking Cessation, I'm now 175 Days Quit from smoking cigarettes and my Carbon Monoxide Reading was 0 Parts Per Million. My new tablets will take effect from my next dossett box. The Lady Doctor was aware of my unpredictable diet and routine in my Asperger's Syndrome and she - and my Dietitian - will monitor that closely in conjunction with my mental health care team.

Many best wishes to all of you fine people.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger's Syndrome, Adult ADHD and Insulin-Resistant Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus xXx.

Reactions: ickihun

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My new anti-hypertensive tablet, 4 mg, is called Doxazosin. And from my next doset box, I shall take 1000 mg of metformin at breakfast time and 1000 mg of Metformin at tea time.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dear Type 2 Life Friends,

I've just got home from South Lambeth Road Practice where I had my Smoking Cessation/DiabetichbA1c Review. My Diabetic hbA1c was a bit high and concerning standing at 7.8 and my systolic blood pressure was a bit elevated, too. The Nurse called a Lady GP through and she's put me on an extra Metformin 1000 mg so I have to take that tablet twice a day now plus an extra tablet for my High Blood Pressure. With regards to my Smoking Cessation, I'm now 175 Days Quit from smoking cigarettes and my Carbon Monoxide Reading was 0 Parts Per Million. My new tablets will take effect from my next dossett box. The Lady Doctor was aware of my unpredictable diet and routine in my Asperger's Syndrome and she - and my Dietitian - will monitor that closely in conjunction with my mental health care team.

Many best wishes to all of you fine people.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger's Syndrome, Adult ADHD and Insulin-Resistant Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus xXx.
Well done with the no smoking Johnny. Good to see the nurse & doctor are looking after you, hopefully the dietitian will help you too. When is your next diabetes check up? I only need to go every 6 months now as I seem to have a good grip on my HbA1c.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My blood glucose reading after ingesting a honey glazed ham and raw onion toasted sandwich made with brown bread, plus a jam brown bread sandwich and several slices of honey glazed ham was a very dangerous 18.4.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
My blood glucose reading after ingesting a honey glazed ham and raw onion toasted sandwich made with brown bread, plus a jam brown bread sandwich and several slices of honey glazed ham was a very dangerous 18.4.

I think you may have to cut down on the jam, Johnny. Jam is full of sugar, even the 'no added sugar' jams are still high in sugars. I really miss marmalade on toast but I dread to think how my blood glucose would react if I had it so... I just do not have it.

Very well done on the smoking cessation, you are inspirational on that front. Keep up the good work.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My fasting blood sugar at 7:19 antemeridian British summer time on Saturday 19th May 2018 in the Christian Era is 8.7. All I've ingested is a mug of decaffeinated instant coffee with a splash of skimmed goat's milk and two tiny Sweetex tablets and a few nicotine sprays. I've just taken my Metformin and Lixisenatide 20 mcg Glucagon-Like Peptide subcutaneous injection as well as my blood pressure tablets, mood stabiliser and urine-stimulating capsule, too.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger's Syndrome and Adult ADHD xXz.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Dear Friends,

It's now three minutes past seven o'clock in the evening of Monday 21st May 2018 and I've just taken my extra 1000 mg of Metformin and my extra blood pressure tablet called Doxazosin in my brand new dossett box. I haven't eaten much today, only a chicken chow mein ready meal that Ioanna, my good friend, gave to me in her temporary accommodation flat. When I got home I ate a roast chicken ready meal. My blood glucose reading at this time was a very healthy 6.8.