Type 2 Life

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

All good here thanks @JohnnyBaker87
We are off to our friends for Christmas dinner later today, we do it every year and alternate houses. This will be our 20th year of doing it. No doubt we will all eat and drink too much today :hilarious:

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
i shall be seeing my senior occupational therapist at the treatment team on thursday 6th november 2018 anno domini at two o'clock post meridian greenwich mean time about my shared lives network assisted-living opportunity. my carer, victoria, came tonight to prompt and motivate me to take my evening medication. i've just eaten one bag of walker's cheese and onion crisps and this morning i ate 6 mini packets of snuffles pork scratchings, which i enjoyed very much indeed. i'm now 106 days quit from my tobacco misuse, and i feel really proud of myself for that. max has now been awarded an injunction to stay away from me by the police.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope you get a positive outcome from your meeting on Thursday @JohnnyBaker87
And good news about Max, lets hope he does stay away.

Well done with the no smoking - keep going

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
It's so cool that my fellow sister in the Lord spoke to my care coordinator who explained to her that I've been setting my expectations too high about my future assisted-living shared lives scheme "family" shared house accommodation. It's not going to be 24-hour care, which can be very institutionalising and might significantly infract on my independence. I'll still have to do things for myself with prompting and motivation and diligent instruction from the homeowner. I'll just have more company and the opportunity to make new friends. Also, there will be the capacity for activities like swimming, going for a lovely country walk, day trips, a family holiday, barbecues in the summer and birthday and Christmas presents. I'm really looking forward, also to going to college which Celestine is going to help me with to give my CV a boost with cool qualifications which will put me in good stead for coming off of benefits and working for a living.

Reactions: Geoffno6 and heh

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's so cool that my fellow sister in the Lord spoke to my care coordinator who explained to her that I've been setting my expectations too high about my future assisted-living shared lives scheme "family" shared house accommodation. It's not going to be 24-hour care, which can be very institutionalising and might significantly infract on my independence. I'll still have to do things for myself with prompting and motivation and diligent instruction from the homeowner. I'll just have more company and the opportunity to make new friends. Also, there will be the capacity for activities like swimming, going for a lovely country walk, day trips, a family holiday, barbecues in the summer and birthday and Christmas presents. I'm really looking forward, also to going to college which Celestine is going to help me with to give my CV a boost with cool qualifications which will put me in good stead for coming off of benefits and working for a living.
@JohnnyBaker87 glad that it is beginning to work out for you and you will get help when needed.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
i'm so happy that my carer receives my weekly seventy pounds disposable income personal allowance in a white envelope and takes me grocery, cleaning materials and toiletry shopping every early tuesday afternoon. if i don't spend the full seventy pounds, the carer will deposit the change on my sainsbury's gift card so that i don't have cash because due to my unselfish compassion and generosity i might give it away, leaving myself open to exploitation. i've now got a lot of indian curry ready meals in my fridge and freezer and also bbq chicken deep-pan pizzas, cheese, ham and kingsmill white bread.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Asda sell the oppo cheesecakes . Same price as Sainsbury’s £1.50 they have all 3 flavours. Vanilla, lemon and raspberry.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
i'm so happy that my carer receives my weekly seventy pounds disposable income personal allowance in a white envelope and takes me grocery, cleaning materials and toiletry shopping every early tuesday afternoon. if i don't spend the full seventy pounds, the carer will deposit the change on my sainsbury's gift card so that i don't have cash because due to my unselfish compassion and generosity i might give it away, leaving myself open to exploitation. i've now got a lot of indian curry ready meals in my fridge and freezer and also bbq chicken deep-pan pizzas, cheese, ham and kingsmill white bread.
I'm delighted you have a system that works better for you @JohnnyBaker87. Are you settled in your new home now?

I've been troubled by my uncaring mum these past few weeks but decided on Friday I have to keep her nonsense out of my beautiful family life. I don't want my sons worried about her emotional games. Luckily I have Mr ickihun's support.
I won't let her spoil our Xmas. She tries most years but this year I'm ready for her devious troublemaking. She's getting worse the older she gets.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I'm delighted you have a system that works better for you @JohnnyBaker87. Are you settled in your new home now?

I've been troubled by my uncaring mum these past few weeks but decided on Friday I have to keep her nonsense out of my beautiful family life. I don't want my sons worried about her emotional games. Luckily I have Mr ickihun's support.
I won't let her spoil our Xmas. She tries most years but this year I'm ready for her devious troublemaking. She's getting worse the older she gets.
Not yet, my dear friend, @ickihun, I'm still living in my one-bedroomed independent-living council flat with interim period carer support. I'm going to hear more about moving into the Shared Lives Network assisted-living accommodation on Monday 17th December 2018 Anno Domini in my two-weekly care coordinator appointment. My funding has been approved by the Panel now, they're just trying to find me a loving Carer who is supportive of my needs. I hope it's Celestine! I'm praying about the matter.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My fasting blood glucose level was 10.7 millimoles per litre at 4:46 antemeridian Greenwich mean time on this day in December, the 11th, in the year 2018 Anno Domini.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My fasting blood sugar today was 11.1. i also saw the dietitian today called jessica and when she weighed me i found out that i weigh 89.75kg which in stones and pounds is 15 stones and 5 pounds. I went on google to the bmi calculator and for my 167.6 cm height and 89.75kg weight, my age of 48, my gender of male and my inactive gives me a bmi of over 34 which puts me in the obese bmi categorization.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My fasting blood sugar today was 11.1. i also saw the dietitian today called jessica and when she weighed me i found out that i weigh 89.75kg which in stones and pounds is 15 stones and 5 pounds. I went on google to the bmi calculator and for my 167.6 cm height and 89.75kg weight, my age of 48, my gender of male and my inactive gives me a bmi of over 34 which puts me in the obese bmi categorization.
I'm sure you will flourish with some healthy daily company.
I'm sure Mr God is just crossing the Ts and dotting the i's now. :)

My bgs are fluctuating lately too but I put it down to my IBS and sugar coated mebeverine tablets but it's medicated therapy is a godsend.

I'm fighting to keep enough milk in the house with the 3 milk drinking males. We aren't consistent at the moment.

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Many strict low carb eaters are losing weight just from no or very very little potato, bread, pasta or rice. No cereals too. Men, like yourself are really losing the lbs @JohnnyBaker87. Some women or men who have other health problems or on weight gaining drugs struggle to lose but lose very very slowly.. or at least don't add weight. (that's me).
You know the basics but now you have to be strict and only eat low carb foods to lose your diabetic weight.
Maybe a new home =new diet. A diabetic friendly diet. (low carb) ??

Reactions: heh

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Many strict low carb eaters are losing weight just from no or very very little potato, bread, pasta or rice. No cereals too. Men, like yourself are really losing the lbs @JohnnyBaker87. Some women or men who have other health problems or on weight gaining drugs struggle to lose but lose very very slowly.. or at least don't add weight. (that's me).
You know the basics but now you have to be strict and only eat low carb foods to lose your diabetic weight.
Maybe a new home =new diet. A diabetic friendly diet. (low carb) ??
Good Morning, @ickihun, my lovely friend, in fond friendship,

I've been praying so much since receiving your message, both for self-control which is one of the fruits of the spirit, and discipline and resolve. Debrasue gave me so much lovely advice when she was a DCUK Member like opting for low-carb alternatives, like eating low-carb soya and linseed bread, eating cauliflower rice and celeriac chips as an alternative to potato, eating wholegrain low-carb unspelt spaghetti, eliminating coffeemate light from my hot drinks because of their excessive glucose syrup, cutting out fattening, high-carb pizzas, eating berries, but not fructose-rich fruits, getting plenty of dark green leafy vegetables for folic acid and vitamin B12. If I'm honest, in humility, I think that I'm still feeling the aftershock of Max's bullying, confidence-draining, abusive behaviour towards me and it's drained me of all encouragement and motivation. But I'm praying for strength and the ability to rise above that. I'm also praying for my future http://www.sharedlivesplus.org.uk assisted-living accommodation placement, too, as well as praying for all my friends on the DCUK Forum.

My fasting blood glucose level this morning, at 8:01 ante meridian Greenwich Mean Time, today, Monday 17th December 2018 Anno Domini was 9.8 Millimoles Per Litre.

A lot of my medications have weight-gaining side effects, too, but I'm attempting to counteract that with vigorous exercise and walking with the aid of my step-tracker to record and document my steps.

Happy Christmas, @ickihun, with my prayers to you in abundance.

@JohnnyBaker87, a sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger Syndrome and mild dyscalculia. xXx.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good Morning, @ickihun, my lovely friend, in fond friendship,

I've been praying so much since receiving your message, both for self-control which is one of the fruits of the spirit, and discipline and resolve. Debrasue gave me so much lovely advice when she was a DCUK Member like opting for low-carb alternatives, like eating low-carb soya and linseed bread, eating cauliflower rice and celeriac chips as an alternative to potato, eating wholegrain low-carb unspelt spaghetti, eliminating coffeemate light from my hot drinks because of their excessive glucose syrup, cutting out fattening, high-carb pizzas, eating berries, but not fructose-rich fruits, getting plenty of dark green leafy vegetables for folic acid and vitamin B12. If I'm honest, in humility, I think that I'm still feeling the aftershock of Max's bullying, confidence-draining, abusive behaviour towards me and it's drained me of all encouragement and motivation. But I'm praying for strength and the ability to rise above that. I'm also praying for my future http://www.sharedlivesplus.org.uk assisted-living accommodation placement, too, as well as praying for all my friends on the DCUK Forum.

My fasting blood glucose level this morning, at 8:01 ante meridian Greenwich Mean Time, today, Monday 17th December 2018 Anno Domini was 9.8 Millimoles Per Litre.

A lot of my medications have weight-gaining side effects, too, but I'm attempting to counteract that with vigorous exercise and walking with the aid of my step-tracker to record and document my steps.

Happy Christmas, @ickihun, with my prayers to you in abundance.

@JohnnyBaker87, a sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger Syndrome and mild dyscalculia. xXx.
Are you still going to the swimming pool weekly?

Reactions: Ponchu

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It's difficult @JohnnyBaker87 with life's commitments too but we must try.
Maybe a new year's resolution to eat differently?
Mind you, does your condition always take you to where you feel familiar and comfortable with food choices? I know little man's dietician just encourages healthy eating and accepts he has periods where he asks for a certain food then immediately doesn't want it, once cooked. Very stressful at times. He doesn't mean to be that way but his autism has him thinking differently to the remaining part of his family. He gets sooo upset if things aren't an exact way that he envisaged. Any browning on his chips or on an egg, for instance. Or not the right shape. School have seen it all before but I'm still trying to keep it in mind when everyone has preferences but not as specific. His attention to detail is astounding.
You would be the perfect low carber if you could do even a more economical version to debrasue's.
It is possible. Don't ever write it off due to low income. There's always cheaper alternatives.

In the future nhs may be using standard 800cals diet for overweight type2s though.

Maybe decide for sure in the New Year and once settled in your new home?
You will love the freedom in the pool when you weigh even just a little lighter.
I really miss the lighter... me.
I'm sick of waiting for my op. I'm just getting on losing weight, regardless.

Reactions: heh

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
It's difficult @JohnnyBaker87 with life's commitments too but we must try.
Maybe a new year's resolution to eat differently?
Mind you, does your condition always take you to where you feel familiar and comfortable with food choices? I know little man's dietician just encourages healthy eating and accepts he has periods where he asks for a certain food then immediately doesn't want it, once cooked. Very stressful at times. He doesn't mean to be that way but his autism has him thinking differently to the remaining part of his family. He gets sooo upset if things aren't an exact way that he envisaged. Any browning on his chips or on an egg, for instance. Or not the right shape. School have seen it all before but I'm still trying to keep it in mind when everyone has preferences but not as specific. His attention to detail is astounding.
You would be the perfect low carber if you could do even a more economical version to debrasue's.
It is possible. Don't ever write it off due to low income. There's always cheaper alternatives.

In the future nhs may be using standard 800cals diet for overweight type2s though.

Maybe decide for sure in the New Year and once settled in your new home?
You will love the freedom in the pool when you weigh even just a little lighter.
I really miss the lighter... me.
I'm sick of waiting for my op. I'm just getting on losing weight, regardless.
Good Evening, my lovely friend, @ickihun, my Asperger Syndrome makes it very difficult to tolerate certain foods because of the sensory processing disorder in my condition. Certain textures, feelings and consistencies of foods can make me retch and make sick noises. More often than not I can't stomach "bitty" foods, like cold or reheated meat, rice, minced beef or the linseed pieces in soya and linseed bread. And I find that some vegetables like greens and spinach can make me sick. It can also make me very emotional and I get sensory overload which if left to escalate can lead to a meltdown, shutdown or even burnout. I don't lash out with fisticuffs, I internalize all the aggression and bang myself very hard in the head with clenched fists and roll around on the floor and look like a total lunatic or madman. And I have ritualistic routines about my food presentation, too, I used to tell Max off if he presented the food wrong on my dinner plate. I understand your little boy's struggles on the autism spectrum, and know it must stress you a lot. That's what life is like with Asperger Syndrome for me, one big headache.

Last edited:

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Wishing everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year. X

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good Evening, my lovely friend, @ickihun, my Asperger Syndrome makes it very difficult to tolerate certain foods because of the sensory processing disorder in my condition. Certain textures, feelings and consistencies of foods can make me retch and make sick noises. More often than not I can't stomach "bitty" foods, like cold or reheated meat, rice, minced beef or the linseed pieces in soya and linseed bread. And I find that some vegetables like greens and spinach can make me sick. It can also make me very emotional and I get sensory overload which if left to escalate can lead to a meltdown, shutdown or even burnout. I don't lash out with fisticuffs, I internalize all the aggression and bang myself very hard in the head with clenched fists and roll around on the floor and look like a total lunatic or madman. And I have ritualistic routines about my food presentation, too, I used to tell Max off if he presented the food wrong on my dinner plate. I understand your little boy's struggles on the autism spectrum, and know it must stress you a lot. That's what life is like with Asperger Syndrome for me, one big headache.
I applaud you for all your hard work on your diet to date @JohnnyBaker87. It must be very stressful for you.
I never eat bitty bread. If its made for me I don't fuss but seeds aren't my think either. Although my IBS may welcome linseed. I use Morrison's smooth protein bread. I use cauliflower or eggs as my backbone of my low carb meals.
I'm sparing with butter or lard when cooking. Stirfrys and omelettes are the most filling.
A fried egg on protein bread toast is my fav.