Type 2s: How long did it take to get HbA1C below 42

Andy_Warlow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cycling,
At diagnosis I was 89 mmol/mol, in October 2019.

Two weeks later I was down to 69 mmol/mol.

Then but the end of December I was down to 36 mmol/mol.

I havent had another Hba1c since, I think down to Covid. I am not priority. I was meant to get it yearly but no letter yet.

But still regularly check my BG and it is very rarely higher than 7.0. It is only high when I break diet and am really bad with Junk food and sweets/cakes ect. But this doesn't happen very often. As I want the BG to stay low and in the non diabetic range especially with COVID.

Sugarcube2021

At diagnosis I was 89 mmol/mol, in October 2019.

Two weeks later I was down to 69 mmol/mol.

Then but the end of December I was down to 36 mmol/mol.

That sounds remarkable to have sudden drops in HbA1c readings at the 2 week and 2 month internals.

I have also been contemplating a repeat test after 2 months encouraged by weight loss, i'm expecting a drop in BG levels.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had an HbA1c of 50 in September 2019, went LCHF in December 2019. HbA1c 49 in January 2020 down to 36 by April.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
9.4% to 5.2% is 90 days. I did < 20g carbs. My 1 year anniversary checkup is next month. Hopefully I’ll do good

Keano100

Just been diagnosed and found this thread. Given me so much encouragement thanks guys. Starting point is 101. Seeing the nurse on Tuesday actually feel weirdly excited to change my lifestyle and get fitter. I think my reading 2 years was 44 and I didn’t take it very seriously but I certainly will be now.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
DX was aug 2018 56 HBA1c
after 8 weeks of the eatwell diet...it went UP 57 HBA1c

Came on here, went LCHF, Oct 2018
jan 2019 42 HBA1c

there is always hope

Reactions: littlebrownbird