Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@David_A_Hughes

Hello David and welcome to the forum :) Here, in my signature, is the link to the welcome pack mentioned above. This should help you in your food choices too. Ask questions if you need to and someone will be able to help.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody. :)
A better food day today

B. Raspberries and cream

L. Piece of Cornish cruncher cheese

D. Leek and Stilton soup with chia seed roll

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream

L: steak and eggs, LC toast with butter, sf L&P

D: bacon wrapped.chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese and cheese, broccoli and cauliflour with cheese sauce, sf L&P

S: ham

Reactions: 2 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

L: coffee n cream, creamy broccoli, cauliflour, chicken bake, sf L&P

D: chicken burger made with 2 oopsie buns, cheese, mayo, chow chow and chicken, roasted broccoli and cauliflour, sf L&P

volorg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dessicated coconut
B: Coffee & cream

L: Houmous with 1 small carrot, cucumber, 50g salted peanuts

D: BLT on white bread with Skyr yoghurt and a little honey

Snack: 50g salted peanuts

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B: 2 weetabix with unsweetened soya milk

L:homemade spicy tomato and lentil soup

D: chipotle chicken with cauliflower mash

Snack: walnuts, alpro plain yogurt, packet of crisps(oops)

MarkyP123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B - 2 sausage & 1 slice of Burgen with soya spread (run out of butter!)
And planned for later:
L - Ham salad in Lidl Hi Protein roll
D - Tuna marinated in lime & coriander with stir fried courgetti

Will test after lunch as never tried these rolls yet.:)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all,
Breakfast this morning 1 poached egg 1 piece of dry cured bacon grilled with 1 grilled tomato. 1 slice of wholemeal bread. Lunch will be 2 rivitas with low spread cream cheese and slices of red pepper and cucumber, a few pieces of melon.
Dinner Mackeral salad and a pear.:):)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spent the day on the beach.
I was finally tempted by the fruit vendors who come along with trays of ready peeled and sliced mango, pineapple, melon and papaya. I know tropical fruits are high in sugar and have resisted them for two weeks, but I love mango and had one today, it was delicious! I will see if it raises my BG tomorrow morning. If it's not too bad I will have some more tomorrow.
Also had a coconut, drank the water first then scooped out the flesh.
And another vendor gave me a strange looking roasted seed to try. I don't know what it is but it is dark brown, looks a bit like a small almond, and tastes a bit like a toasted almond. So I bought some bags and have eaten two of them.

Tonight I will see if I can get a Mutton Methi curry as a poster on the Indian Food thread said it is made with fenugreek which is supposed to lower BGs. I'll have a couple of rotis with it.
And two or three glasses of red wine.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
B: 1 Banana & Latte.
L: Plate of chips with mayonnaise, salt & vinegar (ate out for lunch).
D: Going to be Cheese Muffins with Red Leicester & sliced mushrooms grilled - probably have 2muffins.

Last edited by a moderator:

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello :)

The food today started well but went rapidly off track after that

B. Raspberries and cream

L. In Whitby- so OAP portion of haddock and chips! :p

D. Rhubarb and lo carb crumble with cream. My crumble was an absolute failure! Never mind you can't win them all!

Ps @liam1955 your cheese muffins sound good . Could I trouble you for the recipe please?

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sorry @mo53. Cheese Muffins were shop bought (Waitrose) and they were yummy - I had 4!! (halves) :hungry:Did you not have mushy peas with your Fish & Chips in Whitby! Do you have any good recommendations for Fish & Chip places on your home turf then?:hungry:

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
But I went on and picked out a wristband a keyring and a fridge magnet they said they would be delivered in 28 days but I have never received them.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Add garlic cloves to the chick peas and blend with some lemon juice, it is really nice as a dip.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@liam1955 . My OH is the best at knowing where the best fish and chips are so I will get a recommendation.

Ooh yes, I had mushy peas too

Reactions: 6 people

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast today consisted of grilled black pudding, two eggs and a slice of granary bread, a cup of tea and, sometime later, a cup of coffee from roast ground beans, unsweetened and black. 500 mg Metformin, 120 mg Gliclazide and now a meter reading of 10.2. Should I be worried?

Hi - I have problems with black pudding and granary bread... I LOVE them both! But I've limited them to once a week, on a weekend when I'm fairly sure I'll get in a long walk! I find that both will send my sugars sky-rocketing and without exercise, they'll stay bad all day!

These days, I'm missing breakfast entirely, apart from coffee, and I'll have an apple and snack on walnuts, followed by as low-a-carb lunch as I can get...

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not posted for a while... feeling withdrawal symptoms :)

Last night was sea bass & prawns with aubergine, butternut squash and egg-plant. I made a stock from the prawn shells, then reduced it and added a dollop of cream to thicken. The veggies were either sliced or cubed then pan fried in rapeseed oil and a little butter, salt and pepper, arranged all pretty-like on the plate, and then devoured...

Breakfast today has been coffee, some walnuts and an apple

Lunch is going to be some pastrami, some home-made 'Slaw, with a vinaigrette dressing and some olives and feta

Reactions: 8 people

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

L: steak and eggs, LC toast with butter, sf L&P

D: bacon wrapped.chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese and cheese, broccoli and cauliflour with cheese sauce, sf L&P

S: ham

An excellent variation on the theme is to stuff the chicken breast with blue cheese and garlic (The heat from the cooking process makes the cheese & garlic REALLY mellow - even if you're not a blue cheese/garlic fan, it works SO well!). Wrap in bacon and pan fry until the bacon is crispy and there's some colour on the chicken in a pan you can stick a lid on. Put on the lid and slapinto a hot oven and turn the heat off whilst you prepare your veggies - as the heat degrades the chicken finishes cooking and relaxes - making it really tender. About 20 minutes (When the chicken goes in the oven with clearly uncooked chicken, DON'T worry, after the cooking/resting time, it'll all be cooked through!)

Fry thick slices of aubergine and courgette and some tomatoes - when they'll all coloured nicely, plate up, pop the chicken on the plate and some of the juices from the pan as a very simple sauce. You can add to it by putting in a pan ad adding cream and heating through and reducing... Either case, its really tasty. Glass of white is recommended, too!

Reactions: 6 people

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Hmm I made a good start
Cheese omelette with three eggs

lunch afraid could not think what to have so had a baguette with smoke salmon avacado and salad.

This evening was a bit better half a pear one small clematine, half a banan two tablespoons of cottage cheese and a handful of nuts.

I have to get away from low fat foods as that's what I have been eating, but I am trying.

Reactions: 4 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello:)

B. Raspberries and cream

L. Blueberry muffin(home made and low carb)

S. Snack size cheddar with chives (needed after 45 minutes swimming)

D. Roast chicken leg with carrots, onions, cauliflower , cabbage, and gravy