Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well last night was meatballs and pasta - well the OH had pasta and I managed with loads of butternut squash. Home made tomato sauce and bargain bin meatballs. The rest will get hoovered up tonight by the boys. OK, OK... I had a fork-full (or two) of the gorgeous, buttery pasta....

Today it's coffee until lunch when I'll indulge in an apple and some walnuts then go for a stroll!

Tonight is supposed to be a stir fry - but I think it'll end up being feel better soup - I've come down with a ****** head cold and my head is (as the John Grant song goes) full to the top with pop rock and cyanide!

I have some chicken stock in the freezer so I'll use that and loads of veggies - onions, garlic, carrots, celery, some leftover fennel and the last of the butternut squash - simmer then blitz, a little Greek yoghurt and some parsley to make it look pretty...

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Breakfast today 1 poached egg 2 rashers [ grilled ] dry cured bacon on a crumpet
Lunch will be A tin of mackeral and 2 rivitas with low cream cheese and peppers and cucumber
Dinner will be Fish and 3 Veg

JayClubRocker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bowl of Special K for breakfast.
Lunch will be a ham sandwich on wholemeal bread.
Unsure about dinner at the moment.

Reactions: 4 people

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mmmmm @Rudyard thank you for the great variation on the chicken breast, I will definately be giving it a go :)

You're welcome - the variations are endless - It's a bit naughty, but the homemade Chicken Kiev is another winner.. I now make this rarely as a treat and have celeriac chips with it... OK, I cook the chips in beef dripping and throw over loads of thyme, but they are really yummy. I'll stop now. I'm feeling peckish already!

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, yesterday I closed down year-end and to be frank, soup just was not cutting the mustard! Instead we had chicken stir fry with the chicken Woked (yes I do mean Woked!) with some black bean sauce. Loads of veggies, red peppers, ginger and garlic. I must admit to snarfing a beer too...

Today's lunch is more 'slaw, mini red peppers and some olives....

Tonight's supper, is a mystery...

LaurenMoffitt

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Breakfast was hard boiled egg, lunch was 6 TUC crackers and 1/5th tub aldi Ardennes pâté and 4 pickled onions. Had plenty of water, tea and a sugar free squash. Tea tonight is a mystery!!

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
BG pre breakfast 5.9 egg on a 3rd of a lidl roll cup of earl grey tea with fenugreek 2hr post breakfast 6.9
BG pre lunch 6.4 slim pasta mushroom and onion quorn mince with Indian spices and a green smoothie post 1hr 6.3 2hr 6.3
BG pre tea time 6.0 same as lunch as I made too much this morning. 1 hr post 6.0

I will be snacking later nuts and cheese, more tea and one last glass of green smoothie.

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
5.1 this morning, feel rough got a cold..
When I get a cold my BG goes up by at least 5 last week I was in double figures for a couple of days prior and during a cold, hopefully you get over it quickly.

Janspice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Porridge with chopped mixed nuts and sprinkle of cinnamon and dollop of Greek yoghurt.
Snack rye riviera with slice of ham
Lunch chicken and ham salad
Snack mixed nuts
Supper sweet potato broccoli, venison sausages pudding Greek yoghurt small amount of mango
I don't know if this is enough carbs but bg levels are all over their place at the moment due to infection?

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
No breakfast
lunch spicey chicken bits, a few potato wedges,peas. stuffing balls.

Tea half pear, Half banana two clematine, cottage cheese and mixed nuts.
glass of no added sugar orange juice.

LaurenMoffitt

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
2 soft boiled eggs and half a slice of toast and butter. Got a uti so having my tablets in toast eases sickness and acid reflux. Any suggestions for lunch please? Thanks

LaurenMoffitt

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hello:)

B. Raspberries and cream

L. Blueberry muffin(home made and low carb)

S. Snack size cheddar with chives (needed after 45 minutes swimming)

D. Roast chicken leg with carrots, onions, cauliflower , cabbage, and gravy

Do you have a blueberry muffin recipe please? Thanks

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@LaurenMoffitt . This recipe is from a brilliant website diabeticgoodbaking.

Ingredients (make about 10 muffins):
2 eggs

Equivalent of 100 g of sugar (I used 8 tbsp. splenda)
4 tbsp. melted butter
¾ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 tsp. vanilla extract
240g almond flour (or ground almond)
150g fresh blueberries
2 tbsp. milk

Preparation:

1.Preheat oven to 180C
2.Mix dry ingredients (almond flour, lemon zest, sea salt, baking powder and fructose) together.
3.Add wet ingredients (eggs, milk, vanilla extract, butter) and mix well together.
4.Add blueberries and fold in gently.
5.Divide the batter into muffin cups. The batter is quite firm so you will need to use a little spoon to level the batter nicely. The muffin cups should be filled to the top as the batter doesn’t rise much.
6.Bake about 20-25 minutes until lightly browned on the top.

Reactions: 2 people

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
B fried egg three slices bacon two tomatoes and mushroom two slices bread

dinner
Salad with spicey chicken wing pieces.

Reactions: 2 people