Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
A slightly disappointing 6.2 this morning - I think the 2 wholemeal buns yesterday had a lasting effect! Sigh - back to the grindstone - must do better since my exercise has been put on hold due to the appalling weather this week! Sick of this torrential rain!
Perhaps you are being too hard on yourself my friend? Wish I could get down to 6.2.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I probably am - I just can't seem to get my HBAC1 down below 50 - and the weight loss seems to have stuck!
Sounds to me that you are doing really well especially as I notice that you are not on any medication! I was doing well with my results under control, even reduced my medication due to low carbing and increased exercise until this year when everything went pear shaped after a virus infection and it's affects . I've now had my medication increased to where it was before and have resumed my exercise but it's taking a while to get back to normal. My fasting bloods are in the 8+ range but moving slowly in the right direction so have to keep plodding and await my next HBA1c in July. If I were you I would be feeling proud!

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning all on this very grey day here! Matches my mood...feeling a bit despondent today. 8.2 this morning. Discovered yesterday I am going to have to cut carbs even more and I thought I was doing well .
I empathize and sympathise Paula as I feel the same. Keep plodding my friend. It takes time but we will get there!

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 at 0700 due to being in the car all day yesterday / fish and chips last night / new pot of dodgy strips / night cramps / prospect of rain / riots in Ankh Morpork....
The number doesn't really warrant a hug, but the tale of woes does.:wideyed:

Reactions: pleinster

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OMG! Only 2 full days in on new insulin and my new fbg this morning is.... 6.0 and 5.8 through the night.
No supper/liver block nor dawn phenomenon/liver dump.
If tomorrows is the same I'll be one very very happy bunny.
Novarapid to be tweaked. In fact I might be able to lower it. Only novarapid to be tweaked. I'm delighted. :) :) :)
We're delighted too:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:

Reactions: gunner10

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all on this very grey day here! Matches my mood...feeling a bit despondent today. 8.2 this morning. Discovered yesterday I am going to have to cut carbs even more and I thought I was doing well .
Hugs to you honey.

Reactions: paula121s

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thank you. I just wish it would stay there and not keep going up and down.
Strangle the only thing that was different was last night I ate 7 large sugared fruit jellies
Ah the carb after low carbing phenomenon. Apparently there is a thread about breaking diet ketosis lowers fbg briefly. @Brunneria knows more. Pick her brains?