Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
5.2 this morning (back online since I am back to work having been off with this blasted cold!)

Didn't think that was too bad - considering I had a sweet in my mouth all night to stop the cough! Oh colds are not fun! (I write as I can hear a cough at the other side of the office - and they wonder why we catch them!)

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.2 this morning (back online since I am back to work having been off with this blasted cold!)

Didn't think that was too bad - considering I had a sweet in my mouth all night to stop the cough! Oh colds are not fun! (I write as I can hear a cough at the other side of the office - and they wonder why we catch them!)

I wonder why there are no cough drops for diabetics. When I was on vacation in Switzerland I came across bronchial pastilles called GEM and it is sugar free. I hate cough and always end up having bronchitis.

Reactions: bigjim19

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Strepsils sugar free strawberry lozenges

When I see the words sugar free I read "laxative" ..... I always used sugar free gum as a treat but my body seems to have built up an intolerance to whatever it is in them to make them sweet. Consume with caution is my word of advise

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
I wonder why there are no cough drops for diabetics. When I was on vacation in Switzerland I came across bronchial pastilles called GEM and it is sugar free. I hate cough and always end up having bronchitis.
(now there's a potential business opportunity to someone savvy!) I was using the ones from Aldi (Werthers alternatives). They say they are sugar free but they ain't carb free which is why I wasn't surprised at a slight elevation of my morning BS! The Werthers sugar free ones don't seem to cut the mustard unfortunately with a cough. :yuck::yuck:

D

Deleted member 308541

5.6 at 4:50 am.

Hope this pix of my bgl averages is not off topic, I am very happy with this lot of numbers I screenshotted last night. :D

yrmkRip.png

Last edited by a moderator:

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
5.6 at 4:50 am.

Hope this pix of my bgl averages is not off topic, I am very happy with this lot of numbers I screenshotted last night. :D

yrmkRip.png

Well done Don if that's the readings off your own meter you could probably take 0.5 off for accuracy