Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

bassamaklan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a little chat with my older, T2, sister who used to take two doses of mitformin and one dose of amaryl. she used to have morning readings no less than 130 mg/dl.

I convinced her two months ago to cut meds and go low carb. at first she had difficulties in her readings, but today her reading started to reach 127mg/dl.
This is promising and I hope it could be managed more.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant, so pleased for you.
As my hba1c is due May when I see DN I'm not experimenting with carbs until afterwards. So I'm hoping to maintain these levels so I can show my DN how LCHF diets work for us. She didn't want me to do this. Gave me the usual nhs recommendations!!!

Reactions: Prem51

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
. So I'm hoping to maintain these levels so I can show my DN how LCHF diets work for us.
Stick to your guns, the moreso when you see from your meter it works. It does take the mind a while to trust going in the opposite direction to conventional wisdom on diet. Trust your meter.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 8.0 due to no metformin. Increased basal but no fbg change. Had a walk out yesterday but ill today. Older son has given me his lergy. Cough and cold. Up through the night but only after 6hrs sleep (woke twice in that 6hrs). Not bad for me. I could probable get a sleep aid but like to be available for not fully mature 4yr old.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 8.0 due to no metformin. Increased basal but no fbg change. Had a walk out yesterday but ill today. Older son has given me his lergy. Cough and cold. Up through the night but only after 6hrs sleep (woke twice in that 6hrs). Not bad for me. I could probable get a sleep aid but like to be available for not fully mature 4yr old.

Oh poor you hope you’ll get well soon

Reactions: ianpspurs